Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2011, 07:22 PM

Default Pharmacist

In reference to the case in Calgary and the man shooting the bad guy outside his store. There was another robber still inside the store and if this man had gone back in without disposing of the one he had chased outside, there was the potential that man could return and catch the store owner between the two of them.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:30 PM

Default Brian pleads guilty to criminal negligence

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...461/story.html

Full story
Old 01-14-2011, 01:04 PM

Dang, that makes me sad. I hope they at least go easy on him. I am not sure if pleading guilty is ever a wise thing to do though. All evidence is taken as gospel and is not contested. He is probably in a no win situation with our legal system.

Again our legal system sends a message loud and clear to thieves: "Don't worry boys, we will prosecute those evil property owners who try to stop you and we will let you off with a slap on the wrist. Carry on."
Old 01-14-2011, 08:51 PM

Its an expected result....its a sound conclusion....and in the end...he knew he was wrong and plead guilty.

There are limits and ways to protect that are legal and others not legal.

Would your reaction be the same if the cops shot someone in the back as they were running away? I doubt it...you would be out for the cop to be in jail for years!

The same rules and laws apply to you on your farm and my house as they do for the cops.

He was wrong in the "way" he went about it....but not wrong for protecting the property. He went beyond legal force....and that is why he is guilty.

Sentencing will be interesting for sure

He does have a brand new house though....since the process started....its huge!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch10 View Post
Its an expected result....its a sound conclusion....and in the end...he knew he was wrong and plead guilty.

There are limits and ways to protect that are legal and others not legal.

Would your reaction be the same if the cops shot someone in the back as they were running away? I doubt it...you would be out for the cop to be in jail for years!

The same rules and laws apply to you on your farm and my house as they do for the cops.

He was wrong in the "way" he went about it....but not wrong for protecting the property. He went beyond legal force....and that is why he is guilty.

Sentencing will be interesting for sure

He does have a brand new house though....since the process started....its huge!
X2. Why wouldn't he plead guilty? He is.

Shooting an unarmed person in the back as they were fleeing is never a good reaction.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:02 PM

The weapon makes the min sentence three years. As this guy shot twice im betting he gets 5 at least
Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 PM

His biggest mistake was calling the police afterwards. Knight should of giving him a good beating, maybe break a couple fingers and dropped the thiefs off at home