Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-22-2007, 11:11 PM
wylecoyote123

Default Coyote Prices?

Just was wondering what the price is at for a yote. Got one on the weekend and am going to take it into ****gers. Never been before so was curious.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:30 AM
graylake

prices for northern coyotes in the round have been anywhere from 5-20 dollars. But that was before xmas. But would probably be around that mark.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:38 PM
nube

www.nafa.ca/page.asp?auct.../index.asp

This is what I always use to keep up on the price. If you sell at Halford Hides you will get rppied off. Go auction all the way. $64 I think was the last I looked. I took 7 into halford a week or 2 ago and they wanted to give me $10 a piece in the whole. I laughed. That was the 4th time I took fur in there and was offered crappy prices. I won't do it again
Old 01-23-2007, 03:41 PM
aka bushmaster

Word has it that Halford is now a reciving depot for NAFA.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Scopechief

I just called Halford Hide in Edmonton yesterday, and they said they were taking Coyotes in on the whole from $11 to $25.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:15 PM
nube

Yes Halford is now NAFA. I will use them instead of Westlock now but it isn't worth selling them in the whole unless you don't have the time or desire to skin and stratch and you don't really care about getting your money worth.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:27 PM
aka bushmaster

I have always taken/sent my coyotes to Westlock but a couple of times I stopped at Halford to check prices and the guy there always said he couldn't pay me what they were worth, that I should ship them to NAFA. So I don't think he's trying to rip anyone off, just making a profit.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:44 PM
nube

I understand that but when I take a coyote in and he offers me 25-30 and I say no and sell it for 50-55 he is making a big profit I think. This has happened on a few occasions and I am not exagerating the amounts here. Yes I know there are fees involved at the auction as well but I seam to do better that way by far. I don't blame the guy. I just wanted a fair price. I understand he still needs to make a few bucks
Old 01-23-2007, 06:16 PM
aka bushmaster

I know what you mean nube and agree. He's a good source for guys who clip a few dogs a year and don't want to or know how to skin/stretch them. But I never sell to a buyer, mine always go to auction.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:09 PM
pintailslammer

I'm selling mine to a buyer out of Edgerton. He is pretty good for prices buying whole. I used to skin but dont have a farm/acerage to do it in. He's paying 25-30 depending on size and fur.

Pin
Old 01-23-2007, 10:10 PM
aka bushmaster

I wouldn't sell to him.