Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerhunter View Post
It was a joke man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How so?
Old 02-06-2023, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
When the general public finds out about CWD. Butchers shops won’t be allowed to process wild game where they handle inspected meat.
Unlikely,
The general public is already starting to become aware of CWD.

Secondly, The Meat Inspection Regulations already deal with processing wild game and inspected meat. The Regulations require facilities to have separation in production as well as storage and labeling of wild game and inspected meat products. Whether or not the public health food act does or not is a different matter, but it should.

Whether the butcher shops follow that rule or not is anyone's guess, but if something does happen, those shops will have to prove that they were indeed following those requirements or not.
The gov't will just hold their hands up and say "It was in the Regs, they were supposed to follow the rules, that's what they agreed to when they were given their license to operate.

Thirdly, with CWD becoming a bigger issue, the shops should preemptively start controlling what is coming into the shop on their own, The gov't should not need to tell them to do it as the writing is already on the wall, and the experts have already shown that it's becoming a bigger risk.

I don't hunt in CDW zones because that's not where my areas are. Would I eat an animal with a positive test result? I'm not sure, I've gone back and forth on this in my head. I guess it would all come down to what the carcass looked like when I cleaned it up. Skinny and weak, with little muscling or shaggy, probably not. If it had good muscling, proper looking internal anatomy, probably.

Last edited by El Carnicero; 02-06-2023 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Carnicero View Post
Unlikely,
The general public is already starting to become aware of CWD.

Secondly, The Meat Inspection Regulations already deal with processing wild game and inspected meat. The Regulations require facilities to have separation in production as well as storage and labeling of wild game and inspected meat products. Whether or not the public health food act does or not is a different matter, but it should.

Whether the butcher shops follow that rule or not is anyone's guess, but if something does happen, those shops will have to prove that they were indeed following those requirements or not.
The gov't will just hold their hands up and say "It was in the Regs, they were supposed to follow the rules, that's what they agreed to when they were given their license to operate.

Thirdly, with CWD becoming a bigger issue, the shops should preemptively start controlling what is coming into the shop on their own, The gov't should not need to tell them to do it as the writing is already on the wall, and the experts have already shown that it's becoming a bigger risk.

I don't hunt in CDW zones because that's not where my areas are. Would I eat an animal with a positive test result? I'm not sure, I've gone back and forth on this in my head. I guess it would all come down to what the carcass looked like when I cleaned it up. Skinny and weak, with little muscling or shaggy, probably not. If it had good muscling, proper looking internal anatomy, probably.

If you went and told the customers that are spending $100 on ribeyes that in the back there is a bunch of gut shot mule deer does hanging. From consort, probably have CWD. Damn rights there would be some reaction to that.
Old 02-06-2023, 04:01 PM

Randy Newberg just did a podcast on CWD. One of the bio's mentioned that in Sask certain areas are at a 70% positive rate.
They also mentioned that bucks over 4 years old are the main carriers/spreaders. It could be a very different hunting landscape in a few more years.

I've never had a positive animal but I wouldn't feed cwd positive meat knowingly to my family. Seems irresponsible.
Old 02-06-2023, 06:52 PM

I have heard multiple from sask tell me cwd isn’t real it’s just the government trying to stop them from baiting and eating deer. Ultimately to switch into a soy based diet imposed by the UN to put estrogen into men and make them more docile.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
I have heard multiple from sask tell me cwd isn’t real it’s just the government trying to stop them from baiting and eating deer. Ultimately to switch into a soy based diet imposed by the UN to put estrogen into men and make them more docile.
Yep, definitely the work of a secretive group of billionaires who want to take away our freedoms and venison!
Old 02-07-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
If you went and told the customers that are spending $100 on ribeyes that in the back there is a bunch of gut shot mule deer does hanging. From consort, probably have CWD. Damn rights there would be some reaction to that.
The general public is scared of their own friggen shadow these days...

MEH....
Old 02-07-2023, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Seems like that has already been achieved. Except it isn’t the guberment: no matter how ridiculous some of the stuff is, some appear to accept it as fact, yet refuse reason and logic.

Personally, I would not eat it. Definitely would not feed it to my kids - they have their whole long lives (hopefully, lol) ahead of them and even if this on its own isn’t exactly “human disease”, but could (maybe, not saying that it does) have potential to trigger Alzheimer or some other ish that we don’t even currently know about, why do it? I’d dump it, but if someone who knowingly wanted to take it off my hands and consume it, I probably wouldn’t stay on the way.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
I hope you don’t believe them