Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Default Bill C-655

Has anyone heard of bill C-655? It is a Private Members Bill (whatever that means) to "make it an offence to intentionally interfere with anyone lawfully hunting, fishing, sport shooting or trapping." Offenders could face an indictable offence with fines up to $25,000 and a prison term of up to one year. I got this info from AO magazine april 2015 page 6 and 7. I think this is a federal bill but am wondering everyones thought on this and with the upcoming provincial election does anyone know which parties in Alberta support this?
Old 05-01-2015, 04:15 PM

Builds on the protections already in the provincial Wildlife Act. I would imagine support on this forum should be at about 99.9%.... though, I could see things getting iffy if we are talking about aboriginal hunting, fishing, and protests by either side. For example, if non-natives were out on the water protesting a native harvest, could any boat that remotely got in the way be charged under the law? hmmmmmm
Old 05-02-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Builds on the protections already in the provincial Wildlife Act. I would imagine support on this forum should be at about 99.9%.... though, I could see things getting iffy if we are talking about aboriginal hunting, fishing, and protests by either side. For example, if non-natives were out on the water protesting a native harvest, could any boat that remotely got in the way be charged under the law? hmmmmmm
Not even a nibble.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."