Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-06-2019, 03:38 PM

Default OIC for gun bans

https://firearmrights.ca/en/minister...d-to-ban-guns/

Says they don’t wanna set a date to avoid people panic-buying.

I’d say this statement alone should do it.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:56 PM

OIC = no compensation, which means compliance rates will likely be pretty low. Even the lowly 10/22 could be on that list.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:36 PM

Probably see compliance rates like in NZ. No compensation? I can just see people lining up to surrender their property, all in the spirit of public safety. Yep. This ought to be interesting. Wonder if the yellow leg Door Kicking Squad is looking forward to this.....?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-06-2019, 05:10 PM

In a minority government, with separation sentiments growing on both sides...Go for it. Sooner we are out from under this abusive eastern dictatorship, the better. Selfie the clown and the minister of nothing seem to forget they have no authority west of onterrible.

Even the royal gestapo won’t be so foolish as to pull another high river, if they remain employed here. Hopefully they don’t but that’s a different matter.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:23 PM

Well I have nothing to worry about, I don’t have any guns!
Old 12-06-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Me neither and no decals on my truck. Maybe I'll get a rainbow vegan decal.

Last edited by The Cook; 12-06-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Cool, then since you don’t hunt or drive to or from any ranges or fish or camp with a shotgun you have nothing to worry about.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
In a minority government, with separation sentiments growing on both sides...Go for it. Sooner we are out from under this abusive eastern dictatorship, the better. Selfie the clown and the minister of nothing seem to forget they have no authority west of onterrible.

Even the royal gestapo won’t be so foolish as to pull another high river, if they remain employed here. Hopefully they don’t but that’s a different matter.
Agreed!!!!
Old 12-06-2019, 06:38 PM

When separation becomes a reality to the liberals hopefully they'll back off,
Old 12-06-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post

Sadly this will pass as the NDP or bloc will be bought to support it.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:38 PM
Banned

They won’t succeed but if they do I’d be very sad about it. On the other hand I’d keep my popcorn handy to hear Le’ messy details on the news for all the people’s to see. I wouldn’t be sad if they banned Quebec firearms owners as they are already the governments love toys, besides only FRENCH people go postal as statistics have shown. Lots of hard core firearms enthusiasts in this country and someone if not many will go Oswald. Maybe all the firearms owners can create a yearly parade where we all dress up like gangster toting cap gun owners and run wild in the streets.

This isn’t NZ or Australia, this is Canada! Pronounced as it sounds in the English dictionary!
Old 12-06-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
OIC = no compensation, which means compliance rates will likely be pretty low. Even the lowly 10/22 could be on that list.
Guess if you live in Quebec, they know who you are.

Grizz
Old 12-06-2019, 05:54 PM

Banned guns will be worth more in the coming years gangs, terrorists and criminals will be stock piling before the ban.

I'm sure for some firearm owners the banned list will be an eye opener like in NZ all semi auto and tube fed .22's were banned.... but they said just military looking.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebcfarmer View Post
https://firearmrights.ca/en/minister...d-to-ban-guns/

Says they don’t wanna set a date to avoid people panic-buying.

I’d say this statement alone should do it.
Watching that video gives me absolutely no faith in the system. They talk buy back but we'll see. (I would rather just keep my property thanks).

Nothing like spending a billion dollars to buy back legally purchased firearms (That aren't the problem) from legal firearm owners (who aren't the problem) meanwhile passing legislation to go easy on criminals and ignoring the laws they can already enforce.... and not even talking about gangs (who are the problem)....

Makes me so angry...
Old 12-09-2019, 11:44 AM

I saw a good point on another forum:

Let's stop referring to this as a "Buyback".
That sounds like a legitimate transaction that both parties agree to.
It's a confiscation.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I saw a good point on another forum:

Let's stop referring to this as a "Buyback".
That sounds like a legitimate transaction that both parties agree to.
It's a confiscation.
It's certainly not a buyback when the gov't never owned them in the first place. Its the just the Liberal way to use soft language when inflicting seizures and obnoxious Liberal tyranny, they'll just claimed that we 'experienced it differently'... What sickens me is that an OIC is even allowed at all, it skirts democracy and proves that the ridiculous position of Governor General is not to be respected. If Payette signs off on this she'll have proven herself nothing more than a dictators proxy. Wouldn't it be interesting if her mind could be changed though? Isn't it pathetic that I even need to consider a faint hope that an unelected bureaucrat might actually do the smart thing rather than what they're told?
Old 12-09-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
It's certainly not a buyback when the gov't never owned them in the first place. Its the just the Liberal way to use soft language when inflicting seizures and obnoxious Liberal tyranny, they'll just claimed that we 'experienced it differently'... What sickens me is that an OIC is even allowed at all, it skirts democracy and proves that the ridiculous position of Governor General is not to be respected. If Payette signs off on this she'll have proven herself nothing more than a dictators proxy. Wouldn't it be interesting if her mind could be changed though? Isn't it pathetic that I even need to consider a faint hope that an unelected bureaucrat might actually do the smart thing rather than what they're told?
The other kick in the teeth is that they are “buying back” with our own tax dollars, aka your money. So we are paying twice for OUR property. Not that they will offer market value....
Old 12-10-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebcfarmer View Post
The other kick in the teeth is that they are “buying back” with our own tax dollars, aka your money. So we are paying twice for OUR property. Not that they will offer market value....
Imagine the howling from people in the cities when their taxes go up to pay for our "legal confiscation" and gang/drug dealers shootings with the "banned" weapons don't stop and probably increase.....
Old 12-13-2019, 06:29 AM

Read they hadd 400 million for but out prograam. I would bet a good portion of that would go to administration costs.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawken54 View Post
Read they hadd 400 million for but out prograam. I would bet a good portion of that would go to administration costs.
Of course it would. My questions is how are they even coming up with a budget if they ban unregistered non restricted rifles? They have no idea how many there are... or where they are...

Same problem in NZ right now. This is going to cost tax payers into the Billions...and have absolutely no benefit to public safety. Facts don't matter, only feelings matter.