Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2018, 07:33 AM

Default Reducing Inventory.

Just wondering who else is reducing their firearms inventory as they get older. A few years ago, I owned over forty firearms, but when I looked at what I owned, I realized just how seldom I fired some of them. I sold a few the first year, and Prophet River sold twenty for me last year, and they just sold five more for me in the last few weeks. I kept the firearms that I use on a regular basis, and the rest are gone. I did upgrade some of the firearms that I do use regularly, so a good part of the proceeds were reinvested, but I am down to about a third of the number that I used to own. Selling off so many firearms left me with a lot of reloading dies and components that I don't need, but my friends have been taking most of that off of my hands. I honestly don't miss what I have sold, and I do enjoy using higher quality firearms, so overall, it has been a positive experience. Then again , I have friends that just can't seem to let go of their collections. Even though they never use certain firearms, they won't sell them, just in case they may want to use them some day.