Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Duffy4

Default Got a fine new "Fly-wand"

For several years now I have been soliciting donations for our Roky Fish&Game trophy banquet and silent auction. This one fellow with a company in Rocky (APEX Distributions INC.) always gives us a MARTIN Mill Creek fly rod with a MARTIN reel in a MARTIN travel case. It is a two piece grafite, 9 foot rod for a #6 line.

So every year I bid it up for awhile and never get it.

This year we changed the format to a ticket raffal kind of thing. You buy so many tickets and put then in the bucket by the item you wants.

Well I won the outfit. And is she a beauty. Can't wait for some open water and some hungry trouts.

I may have to take a trip to the North Raven and put my winter snow boots over my wadders and "have a go".

Robin
Old 03-15-2007, 02:35 PM
drteith

Congratulations on the new fly outfit. Of course if you've never fly-fished before, you should know that your new heroin, er ah fly-fishing addiction will cause you nothing but bliss, euphoria and endless summer days of happiness. If you already chucked feathers then you're already in the know and this post was a waste of web space.

Cheers,
Doc
Old 03-15-2007, 11:21 PM
jrs

Default Re: re

Congrats. I have a very similar reel and it makes for a great combo. Bet you can't wait to break that setup in.