Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Banned

I have never seen this much snow/moisture this late in September and early October in over 55 years especially with the the freezing temps that seem to keep hanging on. If it doesn't warm up soon it will almost be like a natural disaster, not as bad if you have insurance I guess but still devastating for the farmers in our province, with some loosing their entire years revenue. Stress must be brutal.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
I have never seen this much snow/moisture this late in September and early October in over 55 years especially with the the freezing temps that seem to keep hanging on. If it doesn't warm up soon it will almost be like a natural disaster, not as bad if you have insurance I guess but still devastating for the farmers in our province, with some loosing their entire years revenue. Stress must be brutal.
Especially when everything looked so good at the beginning of September
Old 10-09-2018, 06:17 PM

Default in the south

snowagedon 2018.jpg this was last week near pincher creek, going to be awhile before we start up again.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownb View Post
I sure hope man, I sure hope.
Hang in there crownb. It will work out.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:05 PM

We're going to give up combining and silage the rest of our barley as soon as we can get on the fields. I feel for the farmers that don't have that option. Hopefully insurance will settle early enough that they can sell the crop for feed before it's under a foot of snow. Maybe the forecast is accurate and the combines will be running again next week. It's going to be difficult keeping the header out of the mud without leaving half of the crop. The geese and deer are going to eat well this fall.

Gerry Burnie