Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-27-2015, 07:49 PM

Default legislation regarding gifting a bear hide?

Could anyone point me in the right direction of the legislation in regards for giving away a bear hide.
Thank you
Old 05-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANG View Post
Could anyone point me in the right direction of the legislation in regards for giving away a bear hide.
Thank you
As long as you give it away nothing is required.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANG View Post
Thank you
Gift it, sell it, trade it. Do what ever you want with it as long as you don't waste it.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:45 PM

I was pretty sure that was the case but the intended reciever has some reservations about it without seeing it in official form as they were told otherwise at one time.
If anyone knows where to find where that specific rule is outlined in a official formate would be much appreciated.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Gift it, sell it, trade it. Do what ever you want with it as long as you don't waste it.
Don't believe a word from this guy, he's notorious for misinformation. You can only give it away. There are regulations covering the buying, selling, or bartering of the hide. You can waste it if it's taken under authority of a landowner. Phone your F&W office or check online in the Wildlife Act if you are still unsure.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:35 PM

Here you go Bang. I couldn't remember what regs it was listed in but here's a screen shot out of the Alberta regs.
I can't see what that clown show Rabbit Snarer is posting as he's been added to my ignore list. But I'm guessing his ignorance is shinning brightly again tonight.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit Snarer View Post
Don't believe a word from this guy, he's notorious for misinformation. You can only give it away. There are regulations covering the buying, selling, or bartering of the hide. You can waste it if it's taken under authority of a landowner. Phone your F&W office or check online in the Wildlife Act if you are still unsure.
Coming from you?
You spew some of the most ridiculous opinions I have ever seen on AO.
Tork was correct in his first post, then provided proof to back it up.
More than what can be said about your "opinions".
Sorry for derailing your thread bang.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:19 AM

Awsome
Thank you
Old 05-28-2015, 07:40 AM
AO Sponsor

If someone is giving you a bear hide, it's nice if you'll record all the pertinent information. That way if some fish cop takes issue with this action, you can save all involved a bunch of wasted time and silliness by saying "here is the tag number" or "here is the land location it was shot on". If you are going to export the hide to get it tanned, sold or otherwise, the hide needs to be complete, as in all claws must remain on the hide, if it's not complete it cant be exported.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Where's that liar liar pants on fire meter when you need it????

You have all the correct info you need Bang!
Old 05-28-2015, 09:01 AM
Banned

thanks tork for the correct answer
Old 05-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
If someone is giving you a bear hide, it's nice if you'll record all the pertinent information. That way if some fish cop takes issue with this action, you can save all involved a bunch of wasted time and silliness by saying "here is the tag number" or "here is the land location it was shot on". If you are going to export the hide to get it tanned, sold or otherwise, the hide needs to be complete, as in all claws must remain on the hide, if it's not complete it cant be exported.
Marty is right. It's not silliness, tell them what you are doing with the hide and they will advise you what is required to transfer it. It depends on what the receiver is going to do with it. Failure could result in charges depending on what was done with it. It's not as simple as Torkdiesel would like you to believe in his excerpt. It 's not the regulations or all inclusive.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:31 PM

All lic and tag info would be req'd too if u wanna take a green hide to a tanner.

I know someone who asked me if I want one of his, small/ med, I was thinking about it.
Still hoping or my own big guy, so I passed but if anyone wants it pm me.

TBark
Old 05-28-2015, 08:33 PM

Sorry Snare it is that simple. As was stated you can buy and sell bear hides. tanned or raw or mounted for that matter in Alberta without any permits. There are other species that you may need a permit and others you can not sell, but a black bear is good to go. If you don't believe the regs or the wildlife act you should probably talk with Fish and Wildlife as regards to this. It is always good to have the persons name, win# and tag# to go with it.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlerguy View Post
Sorry Snare it is that simple. As was stated you can buy and sell bear hides. tanned or raw or mounted for that matter in Alberta without any permits. There are other species that you may need a permit and others you can not sell, but a black bear is good to go. If you don't believe the regs or the wildlife act you should probably talk with Fish and Wildlife as regards to this. It is always good to have the persons name, win# and tag# to go with it.
Not my funeral.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:05 PM

It has already been proved that is within the letter of the law. Lets see the proof it isn't. I'm not going to hold my breath though.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Marty is right. It's not silliness, tell them what you are doing with the hide and they will advise you what is required to transfer it. It depends on what the receiver is going to do with it. Failure could result in charges depending on what was done with it. It's not as simple as Torkdiesel would like you to believe in his excerpt. It 's not the regulations or all inclusive.
Don't trust this clown, he's an anti hunting / anti trapping liar. He has absolutely no clue what he is taking about.

Don't back peddle now because you were wrong, admit it and move on.

Keep the tag or license with the bear until it is finished, just like any other animal. But please feel free to sell it or trade it or give it away or whatever you want.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:36 PM

And now back on ignore !!!
Old 05-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't trust this clown, he's an anti hunting / anti trapping liar. He has absolutely no clue what he is taking about.

Don't back peddle now because you were wrong, admit it and move on.

Keep the tag or license with the bear until it is finished, just like any other animal. But please feel free to sell it or trade it or give it away or whatever you want.
Diesel said you can gift it - yes, sell it - yes, trade it - yes. And you can in any manner you want as long as you don't care what the person you give it to has planned - I doubt he plans on throwing it in the deep freeze and leaving it, thus my correction. He also said you can't waste it and that's false as I said, plus he's added keep the tag or license with the bear.

As for my being anti hunter, anti trapping, and a liar, those are very serious accusations to make and I challenge you Diesel to determine the truth as I have another person on the forum. Are you agreeable? We can proceed publicly on the forum or by PM, your choice.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:07 PM

Still on ignore
Old 05-29-2015, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Still on ignore
Fine with me, it's your reputation.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
see your underlined comment, completely false.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
And now back on ignore !!!
top right corner of his post you can click "view post"

saves the hassle of putting him on ignore all the time
Old 05-29-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Fine with me, it's your reputation.
Don't worry about my reputation

Maybe you, Raven Lunatic, Edmhunter, Casual Observer and 2quiet can all get together and pool your resources. You and 2quiet would get along great. That guy is a first class weirdo, not unlike yourself.

They already all belong to a group I suspect you will be joining shortly.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't worry about my reputation

Maybe you, Raven Lunatic, Edmhunter, Casual Observer and 2quiet can all get together and pool your resources. You and 2quiet would get along great. That guy is a first class weirdo, not unlike yourself.

They already all belong to a group I suspect you will be joining shortly.
I'm calling you out big mouth, here's your chance to get rid of me or prove to the members just what type of guy you are. You might get away with crap on your rig site without being challenged, but i think you are a bully and should be exposed.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddave View Post
see your underlined comment, completely false.
You are correct about only giving it away. My apologies to everyone.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I'm calling you out big mouth, here's your chance to get rid of me or prove to the members just what type of guy you are. You might get away with crap on your rig site without being challenged, but i think you are a bully and should be exposed.
Calling me out on what ???

I provided the correct information to the OP and you provided the wrong information. Then you call me a liar and told the OP not to listen to me because I don't know what I'm talking about. Then I provide the government regulations that prove I was correct and you throw a temper tantrum like a child. I'm sure the other forum members didn't need the recap but your comprehension level seems to be a little off so I figured I'd help you out.

And you misspelled "bully" on my rig site it's spelled "Boss"
There's a huge difference between the two
Old 05-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Calling me out on what ???

I provided the correct information to the OP and you provided the wrong information. Then you call me a liar and told the OP not to listen to me because I don't know what I'm talking about. Then I provide the government regulations that prove I was correct and you throw a temper tantrum like a child. I'm sure the other forum members didn't need the recap but your comprehension level seems to be a little off so I figured I'd help you out.

And you misspelled "bully" on my rig site it's spelled "Boss"
There's a huge difference between the two
He's an anti hunting anti trapping liar is the phrase you called me, all of which is totally untrue. You can bully people on your rig but you can't me. Either put up or put me on "ignore" permanently. I did not call you a liar "boss". What will it be?
Old 05-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:

so what? you were wrong, it happens and life goes on the way it was before. you didn't need to call him out and drama it up in here.

tork has always been nice and helpful to people here, he's likely not going anywhere by the mods. but i would venture a guess that if you don't start playing nice they wont be so nice to you
Old 05-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
so what? you were wrong, it happens and life goes on the way it was before. you didn't need to call him out and drama it up in here.

tork has always been nice and helpful to people here, he's likely not going anywhere by the mods. but i would venture a guess that if you don't start playing nice they wont be so nice to you
I'm not concerned by his place with the mods in the least or mine. If I get booted for being called an anti hunter, anti trapper, and a LIAR point blank by a bully then so be it. I can and will prove all his statement to be FALSE. Nothing was done when some one posted, pretending to be me that I had a drinking problem either and apologized to everyone. Is that fair ball? I didn't even know it could be done and now a great many people think I'm a drunk. Real funny!

I see your buddy as the worst kind of bully, one who is beyond consequence and he may well be but it won't be because I didn't try.