Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Banned

Default good cause across the pond

i signed this thing a long time ago and got this email today. It would be cool to see a video of his speach when he makes it but I figured Id pass this on to the forum again. check out the website. This guy is fighting for change in commercial fishing policy. There is alot of bicatch in commercial fishing that ends up dying. the videos on his site are very powerful.

check it out http://www.fishfight.net/

I will be launching the European Fish Fight in Brussels this lunchtime (May 31) and I need your help NOW.

I'll be making a speech to a gathering of MEPs and journalists, including EU Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Maria Damanaki, outside the European Parliament Building today at 12.30pm (UK time).

We will also be unveiling our new interactive structure. It will display the latest sign-ups to our anti-discard campaign in real time, and where it counts - in full view of the decision makers.

You can play your part right now. We need you to urgently ask your friends, family and work colleagues, who may not have done so already, to sign-up to Fish Fight.

Ask all the people you know in Europe as well.

Tweet it. Facebook it. Spread the word. Let's send the strongest possible message that we're all behind the Fish Fight campaign at lunchtime today.

They have to listen to us.

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall