Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2017, 08:36 AM

Default Liberals

I do not get it. Liberals win three out of four seats in byelections across Canada. Do Canadians in other provinces dislike the conservatives that much that they will not vote for them. With the B.C. riding voting liberal it makes me wonder what is going on.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:43 AM

Generations of drug abuse ....
Old 12-12-2017, 08:54 AM

Default For educational purposes only

Some are safe seats, people (Canadians) usually vote the same way they voted the very first time.

The opposition has problems that they haven't addressed; eg. last federal election JT was too young and inexperienced, now the other party has a leader who is both younger and less experienced.

Some times there are local issues that the voters see as very important.

Sometimes the local candidate is very popular, hockey player, astronaut that sort of thing.

By-elections are very poor tools to draw any national conclusions, there can be lots of things we don't know.

There that's what I know about by-elections, don't worry about them.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
I do not get it. Liberals win three out of four seats in byelections across Canada. Do Canadians in other provinces dislike the conservatives that much that they will not vote for them. With the B.C. riding voting liberal it makes me wonder what is going on.
Maybe they like the Liberals and are purposely voting for them.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
Maybe they like the Liberals and are purposely voting for them.
Now that's just scary!!
Old 12-12-2017, 09:51 AM

How quickly they forget all JT's election promises that he hasent kept.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:53 AM

"Do Canadians in other provinces dislike the conservatives that much that they will not vote for them."

Short answer, yes
Old 12-12-2017, 09:56 AM

Whats not to get? I doubt few Canadians even know what the current federal conservative leader looks like.

Certainly many Canadians took notice when Albertans punted the conservatives provincially. The same guys scratching their heads today probably voted NDP provincially.

Short memories.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
Now that's just scary!!
We're all entitled to opinions!
Old 12-12-2017, 10:50 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post

Now that's just scary!!
This ain't Cuba. Welcome to a country with more than one political party

If the CPC wants to start to win again, they're going to have to earn it
Old 12-12-2017, 10:55 AM

Calgary voted in the same tax and spend Mayor and Council, Alberta voted in a majority NDP government and Canada voted in a majority Liberal government. Even though it has been proven that the Federal Liberals are not what they said they would be or promised to do during the last federal election but, they still gain 3 out of 4 seats in a by-election. I don't get it.

I'm hoping that the spike in the advance polls for the provincial by-election in Calgary on Thursday, is an indication that people are making sure Kenny gets in. Fingers crossed.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:22 AM

I think a big problem is that most people don't follow politics. A large portion of voters read the entertainment section and let's face it, JT is a celebrity rather than a potitician, he is good looking and supports BS programs and wants to give everyone a hug... many people they think he is a good guy because he says he wants to improve life for everyone. Of course we all know that he is a liar and couldn't balance a cheque book if he tried, but he does have great hair and cute socks
Old 12-12-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
I think a big problem is that most people don't follow politics. A large portion of voters read the entertainment section and let's face it, JT is a celebrity rather than a potitician, he is good looking and supports BS programs and wants to give everyone a hug... many people they think he is a good guy because he says he wants to improve life for everyone. Of course we all know that he is a liar and couldn't balance a cheque book if he tried, but he does have great hair and cute socks
YUP
Old 12-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Banned

Probably hacked by the Russian booger man...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images-104.jpeg (6.8 KB, 120 views)
Old 12-12-2017, 11:29 AM

Except for the liar and cheque book comments, i agree. We are not talking Donald Trump here.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
Yup celebrity worship, the people take their social and political ques from these celebrities, instead of caring concerned citizens,talk about false idols.

These actor's preaching social and political ideology is hilarious when you consider the fact that actors are professional liars who are paid to convince you that they are someone or something other than what or who they really are.

No one thinks for themselves anymore, just get on FAKEBOOK and see what the majority opinion is and jump on board the hive mind train!!, much the same way people let slanted biased skewed polls lead them to their decisions.

Blame the walking dead amongst us, the zombie apocalypse already happened, we are surrounded by those without the capacity to make informed concious decisions so they fall into the group think mentality to save themselves the effort... and they all have the right to vote...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2017-05-24-14-53-59--1433319501.jpeg (10.7 KB, 68 views)
Old 12-12-2017, 11:37 AM
AO Sponsor

Unfortunately, we don't vote for individual people in our country. We vote for the party. For the most part, if you are a conservative minded you are always going to vote conservative. If you are liberal minded you are always going to vote liberal. It doesn't matter who the figure head is.

That is the problem... Both sides are stuck in their own worlds and do nothing to try and bridge the gaps. If a reasonably socially oriented group could act fiscally responsible, or a fiscally conservative oriented group could open up to reasonable social issues you will then get people who move their vote, but when you have people who value social issues far more above financial responsibilities and financially responsible people who are closed off to social issues, you will never get a society were people understand the actual greater good.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:46 AM

Thumbs up In both Canada AND the US -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Unfortunately, we don't vote for individual people in our country. We vote for the party. For the most part, if you are a conservative minded you are always going to vote conservative. If you are liberal minded you are always going to vote liberal. It doesn't matter who the figure head is.

That is the problem... Both sides are stuck in their own worlds and do nothing to try and bridge the gaps. If a reasonably socially oriented group could act fiscally responsible, or a fiscally conservative oriented group could open up to reasonable social issues you will then get people who move their vote, but when you have people who value social issues far more above financial responsibilities and financially responsible people who are closed off to social issues, you will never get a society were people understand the actual greater good.
Far to much common sense there ^. Where are the Mods when we need them?!

Old 12-12-2017, 11:48 AM

Not surprised, CPC voters are in the vast majority and the media treats those like a pariah. I think we are going to see some tough times ahead... I won't be surprised one bit if the libs get elected again.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:04 PM

AO Forum members are gun-owning Albertans, mainly men, mainly older. We are hardly a representative sample of Canadians. LOL

Even my wife (who usually votes Conservative) recently said of Trudeau "Well at least his heart is in the right place". Yes, yes it is Dear, I have to admit. It's where his brain is that concerns me.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Banned

Calendar still says 2017.
Liberals have a majority regardless of these by elections.

The day to be concerned is the morning after both 2019 elections.

Until then...not much can be done about it.

Last edited by ETOWNCANUCK; 12-12-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:20 PM

Has anyone considered that maybe the voters in those ridings are left of center when it comes to their political views? Just a thought. It would certainly explain why they voted Liberal.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Has anyone considered that maybe the voters in those ridings are left of center when it comes to their political views? Just a thought. It would certainly explain why they voted Liberal.
With the left choice being between Turdo and Jagmeet, not too hard to understand why they vote for Trudeau's libs.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:14 PM
Banned

Default Something needs to change, again.

Three out of four. The other choices, must not have been up to much at all. The federal conservative leader is a cause for concern, to say the least.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I mentioned this already. Was told that's scary.

Wonder how the other side sees Conservatives? Funny how streets are two way.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Banned

If anyone thinks that the CPC are going to form government in 2019 you are smoking too much of what Zoolander is about to legalize. The minute that Peter MacKay decided to leave federal politics was the nail in the coffin for the CPC in 2019 .He was our only hope, Andrew Scheer may be a nice guy but he's a Campbell's Kid and his personal beliefs are not in step with mainstream modern snowflake society.

The best we can hope for is a Liberal minority in 2019 if Jagmeet Singh can steal enough seats in major urban centers with high populations of Sikhs. I mean look at what has gone on in Ottawa over the last 9 months and NONE of it eroded Zoolanders support. We had a Minister of Democratic Institutions who knowingly lied all through the campaign about her origins and the false narrative of her journey to Canada, a Minister of National Defence who again, lied pathologically about his role in Afghanistan while serving in the military, a Minister of Veterans Affairs who was guilty of inexcusable bungling of that file and was demoted then arsed up royally when he accused thalidomide victims of being whiners. A Minister of Finance who used his generational wealth and knowledge of the markets to move money around to avoid the taxes and cashed out shares and made a mint before tabling legislation that would have negatively affected those shares---------NONE of it stuck to Trudeau and didn't affect the party's standing one iota.

This is a government that has broken more campaign promises in 2 years than the CPC did in 9 years in government and Canadians do not care.

Trudeau is what is referred to as a useful idiot, the party brass knows full well he is an imbecile and that it doesn't matter because the majority of Canadians are social justice warrior snowflakes who lap up his idiocy like pabulum. He is a celebrity and that is all that matters these days.

Sorry boys, the Liberals are in power for the foreseeable future.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
If anyone thinks that the CPC are going to form government in 2019 you are smoking too much of what Zoolander is about to legalize. The minute that Peter MacKay decided to leave federal politics was the nail in the coffin for the CPC in 2019 .He was our only hope, Andrew Scheer may be a nice guy but he's a Campbell's Kid and his personal beliefs are not in step with mainstream modern snowflake society.

The best we can hope for is a Liberal minority in 2019 if Jagmeet Singh can steal enough seats in major urban centers with high populations of Sikhs. I mean look at what has gone on in Ottawa over the last 9 months and NONE of it eroded Zoolanders support. We had a Minister of Democratic Institutions who knowingly lied all through the campaign about her origins and the false narrative of her journey to Canada, a Minister of National Defence who again, lied pathologically about his role in Afghanistan while serving in the military, a Minister of Veterans Affairs who was guilty of inexcusable bungling of that file and was demoted then arsed up royally when he accused thalidomide victims of being whiners. A Minister of Finance who used his generational wealth and knowledge of the markets to move money around to avoid the taxes and cashed out shares and made a mint before tabling legislation that would have negatively affected those shares---------NONE of it stuck to Trudeau and didn't affect the party's standing one iota.

This is a government that has broken more campaign promises in 2 years than the CPC did in 9 years in government and Canadians do not care.

Trudeau is what is referred to as a useful idiot, the party brass knows full well he is an imbecile and that it doesn't matter because the majority of Canadians are social justice warrior snowflakes who lap up his idiocy like pabulum. He is a celebrity and that is all that matters these days.

Thread complete.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:29 PM

Default Airborne's post

The comment on the lack of success for the NDP is a very important observation. If the ND's support collapses, it will by default go to the liberals and that will be it, JT and his merry band will win.

I don't know what went wrong at the convention that elected Mr. Scheer but it is on the same level as the one that elected Joe Clarke. You need a leader that can beat the one you are going to face. And you know who that is.

Rona Ambrose had a great chance IMO but hey what do I know.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:45 PM

Yes RONA would have made a good leader. Plus I think she would get a lot of male votes ( wink wink) but a lot of the female voters would vote for her also.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post

THIS! Unfortunately!