Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-17-2019, 11:59 AM
Banned

Default Pinehurst Lake

It has been announced that the WilVill walleye tournament has been cancelled for 2019. The organizers will continue their efforts to negotiate a new CFE for next season, with the new government.

I'm guessing that will pacify some of the antagonists of fishing this pond without a tag, but there it is. It is my personal favourite Alberta tournament and I plan to return; maybe to make use of the new camping facilities.

Free
Old 05-17-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
It has been announced that the WilVill walleye tournament has been cancelled for 2019. The organizers will continue their efforts to negotiate a new CFE for next season, with the new government.

I'm guessing that will pacify some of the antagonists of fishing this pond without a tag, but there it is. It is my personal favourite Alberta tournament and I plan to return; maybe to make use of the new camping facilities.

Free

That's to bad, yes hopefully the organizers can get it back next year. Was this scheduled already as if they thought it would be a go for 2019 with a CFE? Or is this kind of old news that just is now public knowledge?
Old 05-18-2019, 06:36 AM
Banned

"The previous government wouldn't issue a CFE and the wasn't enough time for discussions with the new..." H. Brown, president of WCWT

I'm guessing the new organizers weren't prepared to change the format to C-P-R-R which may be have been acceptable in a retention tag fishery.

Free
Old 05-18-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
"The previous government wouldn't issue a CFE and the wasn't enough time for discussions with the new..." H. Brown, president of WCWT

I'm guessing the new organizers weren't prepared to change the format to C-P-R-R which may be have been acceptable in a retention tag fishery.

Free

Gotcha! I am in the south and fish the South. SAWT went with the C-P-R-R format last year, with a few unknowns going in for the organizers and the Anglers but it went/worked extremely well and everyone seemed happy with it.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:29 AM
Banned

Default Moose Lake Walleye Classic

George went to the U.S. last summer for a tutorial in the AIM system then brought the theory back and successfully negotiated a new deal with the province. That tourney was threatened with extinction until this approach was adopted.

I fish a couple of tourneys in NW Sask. using this method and both are successful, fun and more importantly, almost zero mortality. I like it.

Free
Old 05-18-2019, 10:48 AM

What is the AIM system?

Catch photo release is what kayak tournaments have been using for years now. The weigh in format is a relic of the past when people used to keep the fish they weighed in. I think its time to move on to CPR especially on lakes that don't have open limits.