Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned

My dad has a tool for deep mouth hook ups, which is a long stick that you guide into the fishes mouth along the line, it just guides itself, when at the hook, you push a bit more and the hook comes out and hooks itself into the tool,, very smart and efficient.

I hate using spreaders and someone had posted a type on here that I'd like to get that dont go thru the mouth.

we used to have a file that was like a tiny ring of whet stone/file (for smaller hooks), that you feed the hook into, turn a couple of times and it not only debarbs but sharpens the hook.

And finally, there were these hooks that I got on the coast where they were more like a really small and sharp shovel as opposed to a needle point hook, they would set really easy and came out as easily.

When I get home I'll take a picture of the quick release tool and post it, it's great for dinker trout and newbies who don't want to throat cut or gill cut when they want to release their fish. We've also changed from trebles to long shank single hooks when bait fishing for lunkers, as they bury nice in the bait and are a breeze at removing.