Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2019, 06:23 PM

Default In-waistband holster

Does anyone know where an IWB holster for s&w 5946 could be purchased?
Old 01-22-2019, 06:31 PM

It's a bit of a wait, but get one made at Brigade Gunleather...I had one done for my P220. Exceptional quality and fit. Troy does amazing work, I also had a leather belt made to go with it. Been wearing it for 6 years and it's still perfect, other than minor wear and scuffing. Mine is his M-11 Custom. You won't find a better quality or fit. Look over his Web page, you will see it...

http://www.brigadegunleather.com/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-23-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
It's a bit of a wait, but get one made at Brigade Gunleather...I had one done for my P220. Exceptional quality and fit. Troy does amazing work, I also had a leather belt made to go with it. Been wearing it for 6 years and it's still perfect, other than minor wear and scuffing. Mine is his M-11 Custom. You won't find a better quality or fit. Look over his Web page, you will see it...

http://www.brigadegunleather.com/
Some pretty sweet looking holsters and workmanship but with the other post about handgun ban how does that work. I don't own firearms
Old 01-23-2019, 06:42 PM

I don't carry, obviously that is illegal, but I do use at my range. I also have the OWB mag pouch to go with it.

The belt I got to use with it I wear all the time, it is superb quality.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-23-2019, 06:56 PM

Ya I knew that about not being able to carry on outside or especially concealed. Just wondered if it would affect all handguns with the ban. Or if you register the weapon it's all good and only for the firing range and gun clubs. I won't go too far into it cause I won't own one anyways. You already said what I needed to hear. Thanks for that
Old 01-23-2019, 07:02 PM

I don't believe there will be a ban. They may make even more useless and stupid paperwork and restrictions to dissuade people from owning them...but licensing and ownership is actually on the rise.

You should try it, it's a great afternoon target shooting at your local range.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
but I do use at my range.
Interesting, I have never seen anyone concealed carry at a range (or maybe I just never noticed). Do you practice drawing from it or is it just for fun?

Not knocking it, just something I have never thought of.

Thanks for the link, very nice stuff.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post
Interesting, I have never seen anyone concealed carry at a range (or maybe I just never noticed). Do you practice drawing from it or is it just for fun?

Not knocking it, just something I have never thought of.

Thanks for the link, very nice stuff.
Not for fun, no. IWB isn't really the most comfortable holster I have, more for practice and to break in the holster. I have a Galco OWB that I also practice with. And a couple different paddle style retention holsters as well. Practice is good.

Brigade makes really awesome stuff, Troy is a real artisan Craftsman, but you need to be prepared to be patient and wait. Mine took the better part of a year to get.

Carrying a full size P220 isn't the most practical CCW a guy could pick, one of my P229s would have maybe been more comfy...but I do like the 45.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Not for fun, no. IWB isn't really the most comfortable holster I have, more for practice and to break in the holster. I have a Galco OWB that I also practice with. And a couple different paddle style retention holsters as well. Practice is good.

Brigade makes really awesome stuff, Troy is a real artisan Craftsman, but you need to be prepared to be patient and wait. Mine took the better part of a year to get.

Carrying a full size P220 isn't the most practical CCW a guy could pick, one of my P229s would have maybe been more comfy...but I do like the 45.
Thanks for the info.

I knew you were a Sig guy that's why I asked. All my guns are big and heavy (STI Edge's / Shadows 2's etc) so I never considered IWB or really saw a reason to practice with it.

I pretty much switched over to Red Hill Tactical for everything now including retention (level 2 - 3 gun holsters), I really like their stuff.

Yes practice is good.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:54 PM

I'm not familiar with Red Hill, but looks really good. Do you have a link for them?

As an aside, my P229 actually works very well in my Brigade IWB also, I can adjust the retention setting to allow for the small difference in the size. It's a lot nicer to wear on the hip.

There is a strong possibility of moving down to the USA to retire. At that time I may opt to CCW, or not, as the case may be.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I'm not familiar with Red Hill, but looks really good. Do you have a link for them?

As an aside, my P229 actually works very well in my Brigade IWB also, I can adjust the retention setting to allow for the small difference in the size. It's a lot nicer to wear on the hip.
https://www.redhilltactical.com/
Old 01-24-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I

There is a strong possibility of moving down to the USA to retire. At that time I may opt to CCW, or not, as the case may be.
Yes, we will be moving to the USA when I retire at least for the winters. (My wife will be for sure ... I may stay here ). May do the same depending where we end up.

Trying to decide where to buy ......
Old 01-24-2019, 02:08 PM

Thanks for link, will check it out.

Yes, the 'where' is the big question for us as well. Arizona is nice...six months a year. Too hot after that. Wife likes it. I like Montana. We may opt to just rent for a couple years in different locations to feel it out.

And that's a total derail.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:13 PM

Yes, first time I have seen a thread derail here