Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-28-2015, 03:22 PM

Default New to Alberta Hunting

Hi Guys/Gals;
I am looking for a hunting partner to take me out and show me where to hunt. I hunt just about anything from Coyotes to Moose. If it flies, walks or crawls, I'll hunt it....lol..
Been hunting for about 35+ years but don't know where to go since I moved to AB. I live in Spruce Grove but no problem for me to drive a couple of hours to meet up with a good partner for a day of hunting.
I have many rifles and shotguns so I am up for hunting anything. Just really want to get out in the bush again.
I don't mix guns and alcohol nor do I do drugs (just in case your wondering). Just want to enjoy my passion again.

Thanks

Ken

Last edited by Buckshot67; 03-28-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:25 PM

I will try this again seeing as how I got no response on the first go around ! Lol
Seriously no one out there looking for a hunting partner ??
Looking to get out this summer to get some access !!

Hey everyone , new to this page and thought I would try this out.
I am looking for a hunting partner , the past few I have had have been fairly unreliable and I am getting pretty sick of it.
For myself , I am 33 years old , living in south Calgary. I have hunting for a few years now and have had minor success. I have most gear , and always expanding . I rifle and bow hunt . I have a truck and do not mind using it.
I am looking for someone around same age , who is not a complete newbie and has had a bit of success. Not looking for their honey holes or that , I am completely willing to do some leg work and get some areas of access. I am looking for someone for birds coming up , and spring bear would be awesome. Deer and elk are of great interest come fall .
Would love to put together some camping trips with hunting in there and even some pack trips into places.
If anyone is interested please just shoot me a pm , maybe can meet up for a beer sometime soon to discuss things and go from there .
Old 04-04-2015, 06:13 PM

Default camrose

Been big game hunting in AB for 16 years now but recently moved to Camrose. Looking for a shooting, gopher, coyote...anything pal as i dont know anyone here except the lady who delivers my chinese food. Im a husband, father and a safe hunter!
Old 04-07-2015, 03:07 PM

New to the Edmonton Area. Looking for someone going out snow goose hunting. I am a responsible 37 year old with kids. Looking for someone needing a partner.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:55 AM

Default hunting/shooting/hanging out

Hi... My name is Tye and I am 41 with a better half and young daughter.. We just moved to Alberta in January from Ontario.. I'm looking for fellow hunters as well as friends to just have fun. I'm into sledding, quadin, motorcycles, boating, RC trucks and pretty much anything with a motor.. I'm an easy going guy just starting out in the oil field with lots of time to kill... I would like to try coyote hunting, gopher, wolf and really open to anything as well as target shooting... I have lots of respect for firearms and I do not partake in drugs, but I do enjoy a whisky afterwards... I live in the north part of Red Deer so if your interested please feel free to send me a message....

Cheers

Tye. :char acter0110:
Old 04-18-2015, 11:40 AM

Exclamation Looking for calgary area hunting partner

Hello All,

My name is Al I am 25 years old, I moved to DeWinton Alberta 5 years ago from Ontario. I am a mechanic at a towing company and a new dad.

I am looking for a partner who knows the ins and outs to take me along on some bowhunting adventures this year. I am interested in pre season hikes and scouts, extremely interested in learning from some one who has knowledge of the sport. I am available every weekend and im willing to drive 2 hours to meet and or share gas expenses.

Send me a PM or give me a ring 587.999.6686

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:49 AM

Hello
Looking for a new hunting partner as a few in past have fallen through. Nows the time to be going out scouting and seeing where we can get to. I am a rifle and bow hunter and have no issues travelling awhile to get to places. Pm me if interested!!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:52 PM

Default Camrose and area

New to the Camrose area and looking to get outside and learn the area. Clear gophers on your horse ranch, keep porky quills out of your dog's noses, shoot some skeet/targets, clear yotes. Walk for sheds. Just looking for likewise outdoorsman as all of my friends in Edmonton are city slickers! Im a husband,father and a safe and experienced hunter. Have my own deer/moose land so not gunna steal yours! Just Itchin to get off the pavement! Msg me or post on here! Thx all
Old 04-20-2015, 05:23 PM

A guy in his mid 20's from Medicine Hat here. I currently have a crossbow, no firearms yet!(maybe in the next year or so) my prey of choice includes gophers, coyotes, and some deer. Maybe rabbit or pronghorn (just curious what they taste like)

Looking for someone to take me out and show me the ropes - the whole finding a good locations, stalking, and field dressing thing. Just someone to learn form. The way I see it is its all the same until you take the shot, so bow hunters, Xbows, guns, whatever.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:08 PM

I've messaged a few people here, but no one seems to respond.

I'm in the Red Deer area. I'm 26 with a young family and work a 2 week on 1 off schedule. I'm looking for a non flaky hunting partner (aren't we all!) My interests are rifle hunting. I've taken deer from both prairie WMUs and foothills/mountain WMUs. I'm new to the Red Deer area and interested in scouting areas around Nordegg that are new to me. I have never hunted Elk or Moose, but not opposed to it. I've successfully hunted deer and coyotes though and am not a brand new hunter. I've also spent a fair amount of time sheep hunting, but have never connected. I have a couple areas I want to scout for that this summer.

If anyone wants to go for a hike this summer and check out some country west of Rocky/Nordegg please PM me. I'm easy going, not a big partyier. Definitely not into road hunting. Definitely not the kind of guy who stands up a hunting partner or who shoots his big buck right out from under him. I'm out there to enjoy the outdoors. I'm not opposed to taking out a new hunter and showing them how to field dress ect. So long as your serious and want to get into the sport long term.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:29 PM

Hey, looking to see if someone would be willing to take out a new guy and teach me the inspector and outs of spring snow goose. Located in Lloydminster. Never done it before, or waterfowl hunting of any kind, so any help from someone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-02-2015, 05:13 PM

Hey guys, I'm Newbie to hunting but am very interested in making it a part of my life. I already have my PAL/RPAL and some firearms that would work for deer and fowl.

Me:
-Wes
-Live in Edmonton
-Welder who moved from BC for work
-No drugs, drink on occasion
-Hard worker eager to learn
-Willing to do any legwork required to be taken on your hunt
-Would love to even just take care of pest critters or coyotes

I'm also looking to get into fishing, I haven't been since I was very young and probably couldn't catch a fish if I had a stick of dynamite. I'm not looking for your honey spots, just to learn and make some new friends in my new life pursuit of becoming a hunter,

-Wes
Old 05-04-2015, 08:19 PM

Default Morinville and Northern Area

Hi I'm a 1st generation Hunter, Looking for a someone to go hunting with and show me some of the proper techniques. I'm an accomplished shooter, and outdoorsman , and i take gun safety very seriously. I have access to some nice areas north of bon accord and gibbons, As well as a reliable truck and quad.

Basically looking for someone to go hunting with as this well be my first time, and looking for someone who shares the passion. I have a good layout of the area WMU 250 , and access to close by accommodations 30 min north of Morinville if interested. Pm me in interested.

30 yr old Familiy Man w/ 2kids.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:40 PM

Default Backpack into kakwa

I'm going to do a backpack trip into the kakwa wilderness this fall. I'm 28, live in grande prairie. I'm looking for someone to come with. I'm very serious about being prepared and having the proper equipment for this trip. I don't want to get halfway in and have to come back out because someone can't hack it. Anyways if this seems like something you wanna do pm me and we could make some plans.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:27 AM

missed the snow geese I know but I live in Stoney
plain and looking for someone to hunt with
Old 05-13-2015, 02:27 PM

Default Spring black bear hunting

This "mission" is a form of payback, where I want to give the black bear trophy to the person that saved my life by donating bone marrow.
6 years latter I am still alive and think that I am as good as I can be, but not out of the woods.
Still have some medical problems that limit me somewhat, but we can discuss that before committing.

Have been hunting waterfall a few years back.
Have riffle and shotgun.

No experience in big game hunting at all.

Let me know if you are interested.
Maybe there is a debt you want to pay?
Maybe you want to pay it forward?

I can pay you with cash or in guitar lessons ;-)
Just keep it reasonable, my pension is not that high.

arekkozikowski@hotmail.com
Old 05-13-2015, 09:02 PM

Default Varmints

Hey all, I'm interested in getting out and doing some yote or gopher hunting.
I live out in Caroline but am willing to travel a reasonable distance.
Since I have no need for the pelts I'm more than willing to let you take them if you want them, just more interested in the spotting, calling and sport of it.

Never hunted coyotes before so if you're looking to pass on some knowledge and someone to take a share of the grunt work just pm me.
Cheers!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:56 PM

Default hunting with kids

Hey I have two kids 5 and 7 we are going hunting for bear in Hinton area. Anyone else with kids looking to do the same?
Old 05-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
I will be in the Suffield area for cow elk in the early season. If any one else needs some help or would like to join me then feel free to drop me a line. I was also drawn for archery antelope in the same season and zones. I am in Calgary.

Also interested in hunting geese and ducks. If any one else wants to hook up that has their own blind (I only have one for myself) then let me know. I am willing to scout with you but I can only run around on weekends due to work.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
Also interested in hunting geese and ducks. If any one else wants to hook up that has their own blind (I only have one for myself) then let me know. I am willing to scout with you but I can only run around on weekends due to work.
Definitely gonna happen! Just a matter of when. I definitely want to do a late season hunt for a mounter mallard drake way south in dec as well as some snow/spec/honkers in oct-nov.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Banned

Anyone is looking for a partner for canoe hunts, especially small(er) streams? Short, overnight or maybe multi-days. Please PM me.
I personally feel comfortably up to class III rapids and avoid anything higher. Own 18.5''Clipper Makenzie with all the essentials and 14'' beater which can be used both solo or tandem (with minimal gear). We may also get together for fun/practice sessions or summer trips. I'm in Calgary.
Cheers
Old 05-21-2015, 03:32 PM

Default Joint for waterfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondhitch View Post
Definitely gonna happen! Just a matter of when. I definitely want to do a late season hunt for a mounter mallard drake way south in dec as well as some snow/spec/honkers in oct-nov.
Hey,
Will glad to joint you. Just call me, please.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondhitch View Post

Perfect. Keep me posted. I'm in.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:06 AM

Just moved to Red Deer from BC, hunted since I was a kid but don't know anyone here. Looking to get out with other responsible, safety conscious hunters as much as possible and find some good spots with permission but not looking to steal anyone's trophy. Have experience with Elk, deer and game birds and would be interested in other hunts too. If anyone is planning to go out scouting soon and wants someone to go with let me know.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:04 PM

Default Hunting/Scouting Partner

Hey, my name's Ryan, I am 30 years old and live in South Calgary. I have been hunting since I was a kid. Looking to meet some new hunting/scouting partners that are reliable and don't break plans last minute. I have pretty much all the gear plus ATV and trailer, truck, outfitter tent/stove, etc. I would like to do some scouting for Elk in 402 if anyone's interested. Pretty open to exploring new areas and not afraid of driving to any corner of Alberta to go hunting. Shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Last edited by sns2; 11-11-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:43 PM

Smile New to Calgary, looking for hunting partner.

New to SW Calgary, and looking for someone interested in hunting together. I am 56 years old, kids and grandkids. I have a decent amount of hunting experience, having hunted in Canada, USA, New Zealand, and a few times in Africa. I just returned from the Arctic where muskox was on the menu, and next its to Louisiana for alligator. I have been hunting generally on my own as I haven't found anyone passionate enough to want to go along.
I don't know the Calgary area at all for hunting, but hope to change that very soon. I love the adventures of hunting abroad lately and all the challenges and fun that becomes. I am no longer into packing elk and moose out of alpine basins, or sleeping in a tent. The bones are giving me notice that those days are ending...
Currently I am looking for someone who is interested in messing around with some chukar and pheasant hunting in the Carstairs area while we await the fall hunting season...splitting the cost makes it quite reasonable. I haven't done any shot gunning for 30 years so the challenge will be new again...haha.
Anyone interested in a released pheasant hunt please get back to me...as well as anyone considering more adventurous type of hunts, like Africa, as I still have a couple of the big Five or dangerous seven to chase down, and I have great connections in Africa too...or New Zealand too. Hell, I just want to get back out hunting!!
Contact kougar99@hotmail.com
Old 06-01-2015, 09:22 PM

anyone still interested
Old 06-03-2015, 06:43 PM

Any one up for some gopher hunting around Calgary
Old 06-05-2015, 09:09 PM

Hey everyone, I just bought a cabin and a riverboat up in Joussard outside of Slave Lake and am wondering about that area for Moose hunting. Anyone hunt up there that's interested in chatting? Much crown land? New to the board as well, so sorry for the vague post, not sure if this is where I should post this or not.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:39 PM

Default 410 sheep

Looking to possibly team up with someone who wants to draw 410 sheep in 2016 or 2017. I'm sitting at a priority 10 and wanting to spend 14 days on the mountain in November. Preferably the last 14.