Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-18-2018, 10:24 AM

Default What mods to do Glock 19x

What mods have you done that you really like? I am thinking of getting the slide machined for an RMR is it worth it?
Old 09-24-2018, 11:52 AM

Trigger is a must, having Black Box Customs in Calgary stipple my frame and sending my slide to Agency Arms in the US for their work.

Plus a new barrel and a single port Agency Arms comp.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:48 PM

My favorite Glock mod was trading up to a Sig P226...but that is just preference.

First and most important if you want to keep the Glock, as mentioned above, is get rid of that gritty trigger. After that, they are actually not too bad. Depending on what sight you have, that's #2, I like the Trijicons.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-24-2018, 01:30 PM

The best person to ask that question to is yourself. What do you like about it and what do you think would be nice to change or simply even just throw on a bit of custom flair to it?

Improved triggers benefit any firearm, unless it comes with a stellar one in the first place. DO you have a need for an RMR sight or would some custom sights better suit you?

Calgary Shooting Centre does custom laser stippling, they linked this video over on CGN. I don't know if they shot this one or simply have the same machine but the basket-weave stippling job they posted stills of looked immaculate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jse...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-24-2018, 03:34 PM

The laser stippling is a small step up from factory, Black Box Customs work would be at the top of my list for guys to do work in Canada. Agency Arms is the pinnacle (have their work on a few other Glocks), but in Canada BBC would be my suggestion.

Compared laser stippled vs. Black Box work last week at TacWest in Calgary and they really are worlds apart.

With the G19X the factory sights aren't the plastic garbage factory sights so that may not need any upgrading at all. If I recall correctly they are already night sights.

But yes, all of it is specific to the shooter, you may love the factory trigger - but likely not.

These were the ones we were playing with at SHOT Show this last January and they shot SUPER nice!