Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2024, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
Bobble head made a statement that people with savings in their account should be out there spending it to bolster the economy. Me thinks she has her eye on that source of extra money they can scam us out of once the digital I.D./currency kicks in down the road. Once they have access to our accounts then it will be like play money for them especially when they can restrict our access. Something like the musings of power companies using millions of EV's to store their power and being able to draw on that power whenever they need it. Go to use your EV in the morning and the battery is drained, go to use your account and money not accessible. What a future.
Nope, that is from the past. In the former USSR, the government decided to fight the black market- and since there was absolutely nothing was Available on a white market, everything and everyone were dealing with cash. So one day the government without any warning declared that they will no longer accept any 50 and 100 rubles bank notes…. And most people were hoarding their money in those bills. So unless you can prove where did you get those bills( salary statements etc) you could literally wipe your rear with those bills…Everything happened in 5 minutes…
Old 04-19-2024, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Nope, that is from the past. In the former USSR, the government decided to fight the black market- and since there was absolutely nothing was Available on a white market, everything and everyone were dealing with cash. So one day the government without any warning declared that they will no longer accept any 50 and 100 rubles bank notes…. And most people were hoarding their money in those bills. So unless you can prove where did you get those bills( salary statements etc) you could literally wipe your rear with those bills…Everything happened in 5 minutes…
Organized crime was one of the reason given the Canadian government discontinued the 1000 dollar bills

I think it was Cyprus in a financial crisis, all at once part your savings over a certain amount were gone. A "bank deposit levy ".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E...0this%20crisis.

Isaiah 5:8

Last edited by Grizzly Adams1; 04-19-2024 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-19-2024, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Organized crime was one of the reason given the Canadian government discontinued the 1000 dollar bills

I think it was Cyprus in a financial crisis, all at once part your savings over a certain amount were gone. A "bank deposit levy ".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E...0this%20crisis.
Turd'O several years ago pre co..vid I believe. Made a law that the banks could not fail and if it were possible they had free and easy access to YOUR money with no financial/ legal recourse for us mere peasant. The die has been cast for a long time most, have not been paying attention.
P.S. research is your friend, along with Googl.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 04-19-2024, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Turd'O several years ago pre co..vid I believe. Made a law that the banks could not fail and if it were possible they had free and easy access to YOUR money with no financial/ legal recourse for us mere peasant. The die has been cast for a long time most, have not been paying attention.
P.S. research is your friend, along with Googl.
it is called

BAIL IN Legislation
Old 04-22-2024, 04:41 PM

The word "budget" implies an estimation of income and expense over a particular time period. The Trudeau government, however has and never has had any intention of staying within the parameters of what they have publicly laid out within their annual budgets. We all know federal spending will again surpass what has been declared in the budget. That's nothing new but you can bet your last dollar this fiscal year (and likely the next) Trudeau & Co. will not be embracing any fiscal restraint from now on, as they must surely recognize their dire situation and that whatever economic damage they have left to inflict will fall on the next government to deal with. That only helps to make their own electoral chances brighter in the future.
Old 04-22-2024, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
The word "budget" implies an estimation of income and expense over a particular time period. The Trudeau government, however has and never has had any intention of staying within the parameters of what they have publicly laid out within their annual budgets. We all know federal spending will again surpass what has been declared in the budget. That's nothing new but you can bet your last dollar this fiscal year (and likely the next) Trudeau & Co. will not be embracing any fiscal restraint from now on, as they must surely recognize their dire situation and that whatever economic damage they have left to inflict will fall on the next government to deal with. That only helps to make their own electoral chances brighter in the future.
Just for kicks, see how many lieberals can define the word budget. Wouldn’t be surprised if the dippers soon overtake them in the polls.