Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
Well I just did it. I gave in and told her to get her puppy. I don't care what she gets. Your right Doe tracks I agree with you so I am going to leave it up to her. She's very thorough when it comes to research. So I'll trust her judgement.

Yes a happy wife = a happy life. As I said before I've been married for 28 years. So I understand that totally.

I was thinking about getting new carpet in the house. Looks like I need a new furnace. So I'll get the furnace now and I'll wait for next year for the new carpet.

Gawd I should video tape my wife right now and put it on You Tube. She's bopping around the house like a little school girl. She's saying "I'm getting a new puppy. I'm getting a new puppy". She's now going to call her sister and all her friends to let them know. I can see it now. She'll be on the phone from now unitl midnight.

Rob, the not in the dog house any more kind of guy.
You do realize that we now have to cancel your MAN card and revoke your membership. If this sort of wishy washy behavior continues we will forced to take more drastic action. Men are expected to stick to their guns, once a MAN passes a decree it is inviolate and not to be questioned even if it is wrong. I'm so disappointed in you. LOL!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
You do realize that we now have to cancel your MAN card and revoke your membership. If this sort of wishy washy behavior continues we will forced to take more drastic action. Men are expected to stick to their guns, once a MAN passes a decree it is inviolate and not to be questioned even if it is wrong. I'm so disappointed in you. LOL!
^^^^^^ Single or divorced.

Now would be a good time to come up with something you really want that normally she would say no on!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Banned

We just got a new puppy at New Years. I wanted another dog as we have a 9yr old German Shepard. Love the dog but wanted another one but smaller. Something that can ride in the truck with us and something that doesn't shed. We got a Miniature Schnauzer. Sturdy enough to hold up to the kids and very loving breed. Can be very athletic.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:21 AM

Dear KF! Way to stand your ground and do the right thing. Enjoy your wife and your puppy
Old 01-13-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
We just got a new puppy at New Years. I wanted another dog as we have a 9yr old German Shepard. Love the dog but wanted another one but smaller. Something that can ride in the truck with us and something that doesn't shed. We got a Miniature Schnauzer. Sturdy enough to hold up to the kids and very loving breed. Can be very athletic.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?? Hint.. itty bitty puppy, MONGO dog toy...

I've heard mini schnauzers are great, but also heard they'll yap. Hope you got a silent one
Old 01-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doetracks View Post
Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?? Hint.. itty bitty puppy, MONGO dog toy...

I've heard mini schnauzers are great, but also heard they'll yap. Hope you got a silent one
They can be barkers but if you train them like any dog you can break them of it. He is fairly quiet so far. A bit of a biter but that is being a puppy.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Well I just did it. I gave in and told her to get her puppy. I don't care what she gets. Your right Doe tracks I agree with you so I am going to leave it up to her. She's very thorough when it comes to research. So I'll trust her judgement.

Yes a happy wife = a happy life. As I said before I've been married for 28 years. So I understand that totally.

I was thinking about getting new carpet in the house. Looks like I need a new furnace. So I'll get the furnace now and I'll wait for next year for the new carpet.

Gawd I should video tape my wife right now and put it on You Tube. She's bopping around the house like a little school girl. She's saying "I'm getting a new puppy. I'm getting a new puppy". She's now going to call her sister and all her friends to let them know. I can see it now. She'll be on the phone from now unitl midnight.
Quote:
I'm a man
but I can change
if I have to
...I guess.

~Red Green~

cohod
Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuntley12 View Post
^^^^^^ Single or divorced.

Now would be a good time to come up with something you really want that normally she would say no on!
Nope happily married for over 30 years, the secret is in the training...
Old 01-13-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Not such a big loss. You ever been to the "Man Club"? Its full of bitter divorced guys whining about their alimony payments.

A real man cares for his family and keeps them happy. That's what I have to keep telling myself every morning.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:09 AM

Post a pic when you get the new puppy! Glad you're out of the dog house
Old 01-13-2010, 10:10 AM

Post pics when the new puppy arrives! Oops my other post was delayed, thought it got lost in cyberspace! Sorry
Old 01-14-2010, 07:22 PM

Smile

Well not sure which one it is. But by the looks of the email these 2 are sisters. Don't ask me just yet what kind of dog it is. I had a feeling she had one picked out even before she asked.

Don't worry 209 my kahoona's are intact. I have something in mind that I was wanting. I think a new boat might not be out of the question this year.

Nice miniature schnauzer there Bear. Those dogs can be yappy. We have a neighbour that has 2 of them. They are now about 5 and he swears that they can still be trained to be quiet. Sure.

Rob, the thinking of what I really want this year kind of guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lorraine's_new_puppy.jpg (56.0 KB, 74 views)
Old 01-15-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
Well not sure which one it is. But by the looks of the email these 2 are sisters. Don't ask me just yet what kind of dog it is. I had a feeling she had one picked out even before she asked.
It is a little hard to tell at that age, but I'm thinking that they're Shih Tzus. Lhasa Apsos (what I have) look virtually identical at that age. The markings on them look at little more Tzu than Apso. Tzus were developed by a Chinese princess, who liked the look of Apsos but the temperament of Pekingese. She crossed the two breeds, and accomplished what she set out to.

Tzus are really good little companion dogs. Lhasa Apsos are more of a challenge. Personally, I'd be interested in knowing who the breeder is . . . especially if my identification is off and they are Apsos.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Nope happily married for over 30 years, the secret is in the training...
You must have been very receptive to the training

tm
Old 01-15-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Monkey View Post
You must have been very receptive to the training

tm
Well duh! You didn't think I was talikng about the princess, did you?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:17 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
It is a little hard to tell at that age, but I'm thinking that they're Shih Tzus. Lhasa Apsos (what I have) look virtually identical at that age. The markings on them look at little more Tzu than Apso. Tzus were developed by a Chinese princess, who liked the look of Apsos but the temperament of Pekingese. She crossed the two breeds, and accomplished what she set out to.

Tzus are really good little companion dogs. Lhasa Apsos are more of a challenge. Personally, I'd be interested in knowing who the breeder is . . . especially if my identification is off and they are Apsos.
Shelly if your around this weekend why not bring your son over for some fly tying? Then you can talk to Lorraine yourself and find out what they are. Besides I'm sure you'll want to see the puppy anyway. I doubt were going anywhere this weekend.

I had a humorous conversation with our son Russ last night. I told him I was thinking of going ice fishing this weekend. He laughed. He said it wouldn't matter if I was gone for the next month. Mom wouldn't notice me gone for at least a month with the new puppy here.

Rob
Old 01-16-2010, 08:14 AM

Don't worry, she'll come back to you...