Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:52 AM

Default You can't fix stupid

I need to run downtown, so I go into the garage, start the car, open the door, and put the car in reverse. When I look out the rear of the car, there is a truck parked across my driveway blocking both of my doors, so I can't get either vehicle out of my garage. The truck isn't on the street, it is totally on my driveway. I waited a few minutes, and then called bylaw who are supposedly on the way to ticket and tow the truck. The best part, is that it is a company truck, so the driver will likely have to deal with the company, as well as with bylaw. I did take pictures showing the license plate, so if the truck leaves before bylaw arrives, both bylaw and the company will be sent copies. How do people get to be so stupid?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:09 AM

Maybe you could leave the driver a nice note too, something to the effect of "I hope you don't park like you @*%$" or "next time leave me a can opener so I can get out of my garage"
Old 09-02-2012, 11:14 AM

Bylaw has been here for about 15 minutes, and the tow truck has been called. I am guessing that between the ticket ,towing, and impound fees, they will have a lot more effect than a note would.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:24 AM

^ RIGHT ON!

So many people are in their own self obsessed world these days nobody thinks about their actions. What a pain for you
Old 09-02-2012, 11:32 AM

I had the same thing happen last year when school was in....a mini-van parked clear across my driveway (I live near a school).

My wife had to drive across our lawn to get her car out to get to work....so I took a couple pictures and was about to call bylaw when the lady comes slowly walking back to her van....so I walked outside and said, "you do realize that you parked RIGHT in front of my drive-way.....my wife had to drive across the lawn to get out for work".....the lady was mortified and offered her deepest apology....she just had a "brain fart".

She actually dropped off a card for my wife to apologise for doing that...which was a nice gesture.

LC
Old 09-02-2012, 11:42 AM

The pickup is being loaded onto the tow truck, and I can finally get my car out to head downtown.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:44 AM

I'd stick around till he gets back. The look on his face should be good.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:57 AM

This thread is funny. Things like this happen to me all the time we were at walmart last night and someone parked behind the truck and the vehicle beside me... and we had curbs in front of us.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Banned

Funny is right... One good put out deserves another tho

When I lived in my last apartment, we had powered AC plugs of course but people didn't realize they were wired to our individual apartments. People would take my spot once in a while and they would pay a price for it.

One night I came home to grab some clothes cause I was heading west for the night. Someone driving a big diesel had grabbed my spot and plugged in. No big deal, I was leaving anyhow. It went down to -45 that night, and I flipped the breaker before I left.

Nevertheless, she was still there the following afternoon with a block of ice called a truck and it wasn't going anywhere. She had the gall to rag me out cause she was late for work. I told her simply that taking my parking spot was bad enough but I sure wasn't paying for her block heaters. Made sure from that point on to turn the breaker off if I wasn't home.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:13 PM

Last winter, some idiot with a BMW parked right across the only entrance/exit to the parking lot of the building that I live in. One of the other tenants had already left a note, and I was in a hurry to get to work. Fortunately, I have a 4x4 Ranger, and was able to drive across the building's snow-covered lawn, past 4 parked cars, and down the curb, onto the street. Everyone else in the building drives little cars, though, and I'm not sure how they got out.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 09-02-2012, 12:43 PM

Couple summers ago we were on vacation with my brother and his family. We stopped at Sprawlmart in Kelowna and parked our trucks/trailers way in the far corner and were waiting for our better halfs. A woman pulls up, parks right in front of his truck, gets out and walks away with the two of us standing there shaking our heads. He asked her how she likes her SUV, "it's nice" she answered. "Well, it's going to be missing a front end when I pull out of here". What does she do, moves it over in front of another RV???

And they wonder why there are accidents...
Old 09-02-2012, 01:04 PM

I just got home from downtown, and all that is left is a skid mark where the tow truck towed the pickup off of my driveway, so he could load it on the flat deck.

Quote:
I would rather see the look on his face when he has to explain to his boss, how the company truck ended up in the impound yard. His paycheck will likely be a little lighter as well, after the ticket, the towing, and the impound fees are deducted. The thing that neither the bylaw officer or myself could understand is why he chose to park on my driveway, when there was plenty of room to park on the street just around the corner.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:16 PM

This thread delivers

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 09-02-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
put up a trail camera set to video, then post it here for us to watch

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 09-02-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I need to run downtown, so I go into the garage, start the car, open the door, and put the car in reverse. When I look out the rear of the car, there is a truck parked across my driveway blocking both of my doors, so I can't get either vehicle out of my garage. The truck isn't on the street, it is totally on my driveway. I waited a few minutes, and then called bylaw who are supposedly on the way to ticket and tow the truck. The best part, is that it is a company truck, so the driver will likely have to deal with the company, as well as with bylaw. I did take pictures showing the license plate, so if the truck leaves before bylaw arrives, both bylaw and the company will be sent copies. How do people get to be so stupid?
man

POOR YOU
Old 09-02-2012, 01:32 PM

Hmmm, joyriding kids too lazy to drive down Tower Road to abandon it? Or did you **** off a neighbor and not know it?
Old 09-02-2012, 01:44 PM

some one always parks in my spot or my neighbours spot in the parkade, it's lazyness is all it is. I parked behind the car and left my truck there for a couple hours, now the weiner parks in the neighbours stall
Old 09-02-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
man

POOR YOU
If a person is stupid enough to park on another person's driveway, and block in their vehicles, so they can't get them out of the garage, they deserve to pay the resulting costs, which will be at least a few hundred dollars.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
man

POOR YOU
So how much to get your work truck out of the klink?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 09-02-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If a person is stupid enough to park on another person's driveway, and block in their vehicles, so they can't get them out of the garage, they deserve to pay the resulting costs, which will be at least a few hundred dollars.
AHH OK thanks for that i guess still sucks to be you you couldn't get out of your own home thats all .
Old 09-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
AHH OK thanks for that i guess still sucks to be you you couldn't get out of your own home thats all .
Your statements confuse me.

Was that a sarcastic or a serious "POOR YOU"?

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 09-02-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
So how much to get your work truck out of the klink?
I am SORRY Was that a sarcastic statement or are you serious
Old 09-02-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Your statements confuse me.

Was that a sarcastic or a serious "POOR YOU"?
X2.....I think it was a "one in every crowd"..... "poor you"

LC
Old 09-02-2012, 03:08 PM

How would that be in anyway funnier?? I don't share your sense of humor!

Last edited by Kanonfodder; 09-02-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:09 PM

That's what the old camcorder wired to an old computer and motion sensor lights are for

Last edited by Kanonfodder; 09-02-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
Will be even funnier if your house becomes randomly vandalized winding up costing you more then the impound fees. Would never wish that on you tho.
Classic Mutter comment.

Last edited by Kanonfodder; 09-02-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_dave View Post
Classic Mutter comment.
Yeah, apparently the guy has every right to completely block off a private driveway...
Old 09-02-2012, 04:06 PM

I'm just waiting for this to happen to me, I just bought a house and parking on my street is pretty congested. Everyone has company vehicles and if I have guests they have to park a block away. Even in front of my house is taken but not blocking my drive way yet. When I can, I park along the street infront of my house to allow my guests to park in my drive way but its still becoming a pain. If they ever park in front of my driveway, they're totally getting towed
Old 09-02-2012, 04:15 PM
sheephunter

Happens occasionally at our place too. I just usually knock on a couple neighbour's doors till I find the owner then politely ask them to move it. Next time it happens I'll start a thread. This one has been facinating.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Will be even funnier if your house becomes randomly vandalized winding up costing you more then the impound fees. Would never wish that on you tho.
And where do you suppose that the police would start their investigation? Who would they possibly suspect might have a motive?

Quote:
Happens occasionally at our place too. I just usually knock on a couple neighbour's doors till I find the owner then politely ask them to move it. Next time it happens I'll start a thread. This one has been facinating.
If the vehicle was left on the street obstructing my driveway, I likely would have gone that route. If only one door was blocked, I would have just taken the other vehicle.However, the vehicle was parked completely on my driveway within a few feet of the garage doors, and it was parked so it made getting either of my vehicles out of the garage impossible without moving the truck. It's almost like it was purposely parked that way to block both doors. The person that parked the truck obviously has no respect for anyone else or their property, and I had no idea who the truck might belong to, as I have never seen it before, so I chose to let bylaw do their job, rather than do a favor for the ignorant truck driver by knocking on doors to save them a tow bill.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 09-02-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Closed Thread