Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-06-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Turkey draws

Iam contemplating putting for a tukey draw and was wondering from some of you guys that have gotten drawn for it before, how long does it usually take to get drawn and what is the best zone to put in for? Do you hunt for them on crown land or is it usually private land? Any help would be great thank you in advance.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:03 AM

Default draw

We haven't been drawn yet, are priority 4. May have been drawn this yr, definitely next. We chose to 999 this yr and do some spotting in some of the newly opened zones.
More zones were opened up this yr, so I suspect priority to be drawn will drop depending where you apply.
It was always my understanding there were no turkey W. of the gap, but it's been 20 yrs or so since I've hunted out there, so son and I headed west for a short bear hunt/turkey spotting trip. Found a griz, and no turkey, but our time was very limited. In most of the areas I had planned to scout we saw people hunting turkey, so gave the areas a wide berth as to not bugger up anyone's hunt. (figured that's a good sign) We're planning an earlier 5 day trip next spring. Give us a chance to properly scout the area and find a flock before we get tags.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:48 AM

Here's the draw stats for '06 turkey:

http://srd.alberta.ca/fishwildlife/l...Code%2032).pdf