Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-30-2019, 10:04 AM
Banned

I know you guys have trouble reading but from page one I've voiced concerns on the harvesting changes. I share similar concerns as others but you wont see my jumping on the parade of people demanding metis rights be extinguished.

That's what the first 7 pages turned into.. it wasnt about conservation. It was a demand by posters jumping to conclusions on worst case scenarios.

I apologize for not being as dramatic as others thinking the world is somehow ending.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:13 AM

So if the French were here before the Métis was conceived,shouldn’t they get something outta the deal?

Tongue firmly in cheek. Have a laugh boys. It’s Saturday.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
I know you guys have trouble reading but from page one I've voiced concerns on the harvesting changes. I share similar concerns as others but you wont see my jumping on the parade of people demanding metis rights be extinguished.

That's what the first 7 pages turned into.. it wasnt about conservation. It was a demand by posters jumping to conclusions on worst case scenarios.

I apologize for not being as dramatic as others thinking the world is somehow ending.

This was my first post on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
With the population growth rate can you imagine how many unregulated hunters there will be in 20 years? Like talk about a total lack of foresight on our governments behalf. In 20 years even treaty status will mean nothing. You can’t kill what is no longer there, LOL!!!

Might as well poach now while you still have the opportunity.

A bit dramatic? Sure. Off base? Nope. Any truth to it? You bet there is. It’s not and never was about race or having rights, it’s about using common sense when handing out such power. Something obviously both sides lack. Seriously.

Nobody on either side considered fish or wildlife populations before making such a wreckless decision (anyone who voiced an opinion was shut down and ignored). Then you got guys like scooter that back up my concerns. Trust me, it won’t take many scooters to make a noticeable difference. It was a self serving political decision with total disregard for wildlife and Albertans. Common sense should have been a part of the decision, clearly it wasn’t.

I know you have concerns, this decision will mean direct competition with you when metis share equal rights with you. I have Treaty friends who are as happy about this as I am.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:

Honestly though, how many guys like scouter does it take to have an impact on a highly regulated hunt like cadomin? What happens when all those sheep are gone?

It's the 21 century. What's more important? Filling your freezer this fall or your grandkids never knowing what a moose hunt is like because they are all gone?

These concerns are justified by other provinces granting the same rights and having wildlife numbers decimated
Old 03-30-2019, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Honestly though, how many guys like scouter does it take to have an impact on a highly regulated hunt like cadomin? What happens when all those sheep are gone?

It's the 21 century. What's more important? Filling your freezer this fall or your grandkids never knowing what a moose hunt is like because they are all gone?

These concerns are justified by other provinces granting the same rights and having wildlife numbers decimated
I have such a hard time taking that guy seriously. If you cant stand up and be counted, your worth absolutely nothing. You have some valid points.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:15 PM

Lol I can’t get a enough of this!
Everyone is making jokes. Soon I say Cadomin rams there is no more joking 🙃
You guys should all head there in December. There will be at least 30,000 Métis on the hills and I bet at least one will let you pull the trigger as I’m sure they won’t stop until all rams are down. If you are only after meat I’m sure they would sell it to you. We won’t get an accurate harvest count tho as most wont follow the law and register.

Hurt Kurt, please reply asap! We are eagerly awaiting! You made me 5$ for
replying 1st after my last post
Old 03-30-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Caribou mixed with Goat might be better?
Are you insane!!!?? You should do some research. Caribou and Goat numbers are very low right now.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
Lol I can’t get a enough of this!
Everyone is making jokes. Soon I say Cadomin rams there is no more joking 🙃
You guys should all head there in December. There will be at least 30,000 Métis on the hills and I bet at least one will let you pull the trigger as I’m sure they won’t stop until all rams are down. If you are only after meat I’m sure they would sell it to you. We won’t get an accurate harvest count tho as most wont follow the law and register.

Hurt Kurt, please reply asap! We are eagerly awaiting! You made me 5$ for
replying 1st after my last post
Who is we? Do you have a hamster in your shorts still?

Scooter, this forum is extremely useful for getting help from other members with just about anything you need help with. The best thing that’s come out of this thread is you showing what you are. I’m sure you won’t get as much attention from members when you ask for help from now on compared to as many members you disgust with rubbing their faces in your feces. I’m glad you came out of the closet, and you’re welcome for the $5.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Who is we? Do you have a hamster in your shorts still?

Scooter, this forum is extremely useful for getting help from other members with just about anything you need help with. The best thing that’s come out of this thread is you showing what you are. I’m sure you won’t get as much attention from members when you ask for help from now on compared to as many members you disgust with rubbing their faces in your feces. I’m glad you came out of the closet, and you’re welcome for the $5.
Hurt Kurt.
If you need help just ask. We are all here for you. Even if you just need a hug. I’m sure someone is close by. You showed what your are but that is by far not the best of this thread.
The only help you will get is from members that you don’t disgust with your bias predictions and assumptions.
Thanks for the 5$. Gonna donate it to WSF 😂
Old 03-30-2019, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hurt Kurt.
If you need help just ask. We are all here for you. Even if you just need a hug. I’m sure someone is close by. You showed what your are but that is by far not the best of this thread.
The only help you will get is from members that you don’t disgust with your bias predictions and assumptions.
Thanks for the 5$. Gonna donate it to WSF 😂

Have someone explain to you how you’ve already proved my predictions

You would have been better served to heed the adage I posted for you earlier in this thread. Too bad there wasn’t someone there to explain it to you before you piped up.

Last edited by Kurt505; 03-30-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:

Old 03-30-2019, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are you insane!!!?? You should do some research. Caribou and Goat numbers are very low right now.
Even lower now that we have a "Open Season" for certain overly enriched segments of our population.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Have someone explain to you how you’ve already proved my predictions

You would have been better served to heed the adage I posted for you earlier in this thread. Too bad there wasn’t someone there to explain it to you before you piped up.
Don’t need an explanation because I don’t care about your predictions
Is your heart rate slowing down at all? You’ve been ranting for days and It’s so unhealthy. Too bad you didn’t have someone too explain that to you before you blasted off. Go for a walk. It’s so nice out!
Old 03-30-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Even lower now that we have a "Open Season" for certain overly enriched segments of our population.
Actually Jamie. Won’t hve those stats for awhile. Effective date for Métis harvesting is not until September. Close enough tho right?
Old 03-30-2019, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don’t need an explanation because I don’t care about your predictions
Is your heart rate slowing down at all? You’ve been ranting for days and It’s so unhealthy. Too bad you didn’t have someone too explain that to you before you blasted off. Go for a walk. It’s so nice out!
If r3illy was to come to an abrupt stop, how much tissue paper would you need?
Old 03-30-2019, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Go for a walk. It’s so nice out!
Maybe you should take your own advice! Get out from under that bridge for a while.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
If r3illy was to come to an abrupt stop, how much tissue paper would you need?
Why?
Haven’t really been following his posts. Is he upsetting you as well?
Dragging other people into this says lot about you.
Seems the more upset you get the more foolish you are.

My advise. Stop.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Maybe you should take your own advice! Get out from under that bridge for a while.

Already did! Thanks for the suggestion tho!
A big bad troll that won’t jump on your wagon lol
Old 03-30-2019, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Already did! Thanks for the suggestion tho!
A big bad troll that won’t jump on your wagon lol
Pretty hard to climb on that wagon with your hands out looking for more freebies
Old 03-30-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Pretty hard to climb on that wagon with your hands out looking for more freebies
Then quit lookin for freebies, grab hold of that wagon and get on! Appreciate your honesty.

I for one don’t want on that wagon. Wrong people with wrong information driving it
Old 03-30-2019, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why?
Haven’t really been following his posts. Is he upsetting you as well?
Dragging other people into this says lot about you.
Seems the more upset you get the more foolish you are.

My advise. Stop.
Lol, from reading your posts on hear I’d be much better served taking advise from Homer Simpson.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:47 PM

Ok a few of you. Knock it off. Continues thread will be closed and. A few will be getting time outs. Feel free to take to pm but enough here
Old 03-30-2019, 09:19 PM

I apologize. It seems as tho i ruffled a few feathers with my cadomin post today.
Guess it’s a bit too soon for Ram jokes lol
Old 03-30-2019, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually Jamie. Won’t hve those stats for awhile. Effective date for Métis harvesting is not until September. Close enough tho right?
Oh, September? I didn't know that. Perhaps our new Gov can deal with this gong show.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:51 AM

You never know. Anything can happen with a new gov.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Oh, September? I didn't know that. Perhaps our new Gov can deal with this gong show.
Getting in our new government will be one step forward for Alberta but they won’t be miracle workers. This new deal will be good for the metis until it’s bad for everyone, only then will things change. Once the crown land gets cleaned out and the only place you find game is on privately owned land where landowners can control harvesters, like what’s happening in Manitoba, then the squeaky wheels will get greased.

I suppose one thing land owners can do is restrict Hunting to licensed hunters only. If we don’t like the laws set out by the government we can still work within the law to help manage things on our own. I know it’s something I’ll be bringing up on my travels.

One thing we might be able to lobby our new government to do is remove anyone with harvest rights from applying in our draw systems, using up opportunities people without harvest rights have.

Last edited by Kurt505; 03-31-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Getting in our new government will be one step forward for Alberta but they won’t be miracle workers. This new deal will be good for the metis until it’s bad for everyone, only then will things change. Once the crown land gets cleaned out and the only place you find game is on privately owned land where landowners can control harvesters, like what’s happening in Manitoba, then the squeaky wheels will get greased.

I suppose one thing land owners can do is restrict Hunting to licensed hunters only. If we don’t like the laws set out by the government we can still work within the law to help manage things on our own. I know it’s something I’ll be bringing up on my travels.

One thing we might be able to lobby our new government to do is remove anyone with harvest rights from applying in our draw systems, using up opportunities people without harvest rights have.

Kurt,
We get it, anyone that does not know your stance on this over the last 18 pages would not even have the ability to turn on a computer, we all get it, really we do. There are about a total of 16 pages of the same people hurling insults at each other and about two pages of useful information which I keep coming back to see if there may have been more as I really woul like to learn more about it. What I do know is, as I have said before, the fault is not in the asking, it lies in the hands of the people who control the giving. Keep in mind it was the Conservative government that had given the last two Métis Harvest Agreements, if the NDP agreement erases the CP agreement then the Métis harvest numbers will drop considerably, if it does not then it will increase the numbers minimally. I know you will say one more is too much, but that’s been said ten times already. Your right with the fact it lies in the government, but which one, the NDP and the CP both gave harvest rights and the federal liberals are the ones who gave the Métis national indigous status last year essentially saying they are the same as status Indians (politically wrong im sure to use that phrase) the Inuit and now the Métis, I’m not arguing the validity of their decisions just pointing out that those are the facts, which party in government will give the results you want? None, they have all failed you to date, sad but none the less factual. If you have the wearwithall to organize a political reform and start a new political party, I very well may vote for you if you have an equal amount of passion for the oil patch, teachers, taxes and Medicare as you do for wildlife. You could even put a banner on my yard,,,,,,we get it really we do!!!!
Old 03-31-2019, 10:15 AM
Banned

People done like facts jimm. In all the things I learned from this thread one of the main points was from one of your posts. I didnt realize most metis cant track their ancestry to pre 1900 in Alberta.

That alleviates a few of my earlier concerns that I had.

Also If the numbers on the total number of harvesters is accurate then it wont be as bad as others think or jump to conclusions on.

Thanks for sharing and adding to the conversation.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
Kurt,
We get it, anyone that does not know your stance on this over the last 18 pages would not even have the ability to turn on a computer, we all get it, really we do. There are about a total of 16 pages of the same people hurling insults at each other and about two pages of useful information which I keep coming back to see if there may have been more as I really woul like to learn more about it. What I do know is, as I have said before, the fault is not in the asking, it lies in the hands of the people who control the giving. Keep in mind it was the Conservative government that had given the last two Métis Harvest Agreements, if the NDP agreement erases the CP agreement then the Métis harvest numbers will drop considerably, if it does not then it will increase the numbers minimally. I know you will say one more is too much, but that’s been said ten times already. Your right with the fact it lies in the government, but which one, the NDP and the CP both gave harvest rights and the federal liberals are the ones who gave the Métis national indigous status last year essentially saying they are the same as status Indians (politically wrong im sure to use that phrase) the Inuit and now the Métis, I’m not arguing the validity of their decisions just pointing out that those are the facts, which party in government will give the results you want? None, they have all failed you to date, sad but none the less factual. If you have the wearwithall to organize a political reform and start a new political party, I very well may vote for you if you have an equal amount of passion for the oil patch, teachers, taxes and Medicare as you do for wildlife. You could even put a banner on my yard,,,,,,we get it really we do!!!!

Lol, the point I was making to Jamie is that I have no faith in the government doing the right thing for our fish and wildlife, they’re too busy trying to make up for the past. All we can do is work within the law to try and come up with our own management program.

As far as flinging insults goes, I respond in a manner the post was made. I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say all back and forth between you and I has been respectful.

You understand what I’m getting at? Awesome. Awareness is key. Our government isn’t in it for our wildlife so we have to be. 18 pages? I hope it goes on for another 18 more and we can get the message out to all outdoorsmen that if we don’t come up with a plan our government will give away all our opportunities.

Healthcare and education? Ya I’ve got two boys in school and a broken up knee that’s gonna take a couple more years of rehab so I’ve got things to say about that but it’s not within the forum rules.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
People done like facts jimm. In all the things I learned from this thread one of the main points was from one of your posts. I didnt realize most metis cant track their ancestry to pre 1900 in Alberta.

That alleviates a few of my earlier concerns that I had.

Also If the numbers on the total number of harvesters is accurate then it wont be as bad as others think or jump to conclusions on.

Thanks for sharing and adding to the conversation.
My linage is similar to most Métis, if your family took off the very first time that script was given and did not take the land (which most took the land) and hopped in their carts and went straight through Saskatchewan right to Alberta then they may have had time to get there before 1900. Now get documentation to prove it, ie Alberta marriage, death, birth, land documents in such a short timeframe would be very difficult thing to do, almost all of us have these documents but are from Manitoba and not Alberta. BTW please don’t associate anything I said to your first sentence, I’m not part of or legitimatizing that fight.