Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-09-2007, 11:22 AM

Question Youth Bow

Our 9 yr old daughter wants to get a bow - does anyone have suggestions on what kind of bow would be best for her?

She weighs approx. 80 lbs and is about 4' 8" tall and is in good physical condition. We want something that will be easy for her to learn on (she has never used one but wants to be like her daddy) but also one that will hopefully last her a few years.

If anyone has one for sale at a decent price in the Edmonton area that would be appropriate for her age - please contact me by e-mail.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:45 PM
-NDN-

i think you can get these at Trophy Book in Spruce Grove. seen lots of young, youth and teens shoot them. its adjusts to a bunch of lengths and weights, and lets your young'ins grow into it.

http://mathewsinc.com/mathews-bows-G...t-1376-287.asp

hope this helps, but probably not
Old 06-09-2007, 05:30 PM

Wink

Hey Smokey, Sherwood Park Archery have the Genisis bows for rent so you could take your daughter there to try one. I don't really like the genisis but they might be able to recommend something, if you catch them on a good day!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:16 PM

Thumbs up

Try Sherwood Park Archery lanes. We purchased the Browning Micro Midas 3. I believe you can purchase this bow in 20 - 30# and 30 - 40 # draw weights, and the draw length will adjust over about 8 inches. My oldest bow started with it and has now passed it on to his younger brother. It's an awesome bow.