Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-18-2016, 07:10 PM

Default ■ VS no ■ for licenses

Again, before I ask another question I want to thank everyone for their help, tips and explanations. What a wealth of information and knowledge this sight is.
Thank you!

Am I correct in the following assumptions...

When looking at the WMUs regs there are those little black boxes ■, they Indicates seasons that apply only to hunters with applicable Special Licenses So I assume they mean a special license is required and your name has to be put in for a draw?

Take for example WMU 312. I can get a license for a Whitetail Deer N1-N30 and I get two tags (with restrictions of which 300 I can get my tags filled) For that same period of time N1-N30 I have to get a special license for Mule Deer in 312...because of the ■. So I would have to apply to be in the draw?

Finally if I get my tags for 312 let's say, I can't apply for any other tags?

Is that right? Or am I just lost in my A.D.D brain again? I think I just confused myself
Old 01-18-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpl View Post
Again, before I ask another question I want to thank everyone for their help, tips and explanations. What a wealth of information and knowledge this sight is.
Thank you!

Am I correct in the following assumptions...

When looking at the WMUs regs there are those little black boxes ■, they Indicates seasons that apply only to hunters with applicable Special Licenses So I assume they mean a special license is required and your name has to be put in for a draw?

Take for example WMU 312. I can get a license for a Whitetail Deer N1-N30 and I get two tags (with restrictions of which 300 I can get my tags filled) For that same period of time N1-N30 I have to get a special license for Mule Deer in 312...because of the ■. So I would have to apply to be in the draw?

Finally if I get my tags for 312 let's say, I can't apply for any other tags?

Is that right? Or am I just lost in my A.D.D brain again? I think I just confused myself

You are correct in the meaning of the little black box.

The way I read the regs on page 54 is that one is allowed to tag either an antlered or antlerless white-tailed deer on a General white-tailed deer licence.
That can be in any of the zones listed including zone 312. One animal only.

Under Species you will note a tiny 1. This tells us that with a Supplemental Anterless White-tailed Deer Licence additional animals may be killed. Either one or two depending on the zone.

There is a section of the regs list all licences that are available. There is also a section of the regs that tell what combinations of licences are allowed and not allowed.

If you are successful for lets say antlered mule deer in zone 312 and purchase the tag, you can not get a licence for anther antlered mule deer anywhere else. That does not prevent you from holding another species zone combination.