Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Banned

Nothing wrong with eatin bass! They're just like walleye. I'd fillet a bunch every summer.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Nothing wrong with eatin bass! They're just like walleye. I'd fillet a bunch every summer.
Oh I agree,they are pretty good eats,but with a pre-spawn limit of ZERO,and a post-spawn limit of 2/day on my native trout/salmon streams,feeding every single spiny green bass turd that i can sink a hook into to the coons and bears makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
Yes I realize these bass clowns in their glitter boats and NASCAR suits are using broom handles and winch cable to hoist those fish aboard.Regardless,I'd tie a 5 lb bass to a 5 lb salmonid tail to tail ANY day and would bet that the bass would get dragged all over the river/lake......and FWIW,I've caught plenty of 3-5 lb smallmouth on light spinning gear and fly rods,then of course I carefully released them just as far up the bank as I could chuck them for the coons and bears.
Ok so you have an issue with Angling pro's who make a living and looking like a billboard well they have a right to look the part. When you earn as much money at doing something like these guys do you can look the part. It's the glitter boat and nascar suit that helps earn the money, these shows are there to promote the sport and manufacturers that provide us with all of the tools that we need to be able to catch fish. i salute the pro's that give us the roadway to better fishing of all kinds. as far as what you do with the fish you chuck to coons and bears that is your choice. Enjoy the sport of catching fish. what ever kind you go for
Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 AM

I enjoy all type of angling, although my passion is a good Bass Tournament, but for those I will travel, walleye, pike, and trout that are here in Alberta all have their fans which to each fan there is no other speicies that compares, and each fan has a level of skill and competance that they aquire their targeted fish, My hats off to all of those fans that respect the sport and try to promote the positive side negativety does not help anyone in advancing the protection of the sport being here in 50 years
Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 AM

What? Never been Bass fishing I assume.