Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-25-2023, 08:44 PM

Default What’s with all the garbage?

To all those hunters out there, you know who you are. You are obviously able to pack your stuff in, so why can’t you pack your garbage out? It’s unbelievable already how much crap is being thrown out and left in the bush. What is so hard about that concept?
Old 09-25-2023, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badone20 View Post
To all those hunters out there, you know who you are. You are obviously able to pack your stuff in, so why can’t you pack your garbage out? It’s unbelievable already how much crap is being thrown out and left in the bush. What is so hard about that concept?
It drives me nuts too. Slobs.

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 09-25-2023, 09:41 PM

And don’t throw your animal scraps in the ditch, dump them in the bush or a slough bottom.
Old 09-25-2023, 09:42 PM

I know nobody wants to hear it but the hunting fraternity is loaded with azz hats. From trespassing to poaching to litter, it is darn embarrassing how little we care for anything other than to fill a tag. No wonder farmers and ranchers do not want us around. Yes I know there are some darn fine folks out there, but sadly they are out numbered.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-25-2023, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I know nobody wants to hear it but the hunting fraternity is loaded with azz hats. From trespassing to poaching to litter, it is darn embarrassing how little we care for anything other than to fill a tag. No wonder farmers and ranchers do not want us around. Yes I know there are some darn fine folks out there, but sadly they are out numbered.
Agreed, we need to improve.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 09-26-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Don’t forget the sign shooters too. I went to hunt one of my bush quarters last week and saw that some degenerate had decided to do some target practice on a sign marking a pipeline that runs through my place. 4 shots with a 12 gauge at about 5 yards away just shredded the tin sign, he/she was kind enough to leave their hulls there for me to pickup as well.
Old 09-26-2023, 09:24 AM

I call them bush pigs, seems where we hunt they like Budweiser beer because they toss the cans everywhere. We won't have those Bud cans in our camp so people don't think it's us doing that, and it's elk pee beer anyway.
Old 09-26-2023, 09:38 AM

Mentioned before, too many mothers today did not apply the wooden spoon treatment or Dads failed to apply a "attention getter"
Old 09-26-2023, 09:51 AM

Yup, sign shooters... Seems to be a time-honored tradition all across North America, spanning decades.

Always makes me shudder when I see holes shot into signs on a well-traveled road.
Old 09-26-2023, 12:21 PM

Hey Jim that's a great handle for them....Bush Pigs. Perfect. Last trip out to the Ram me and friend picked up 7 of those tube frame lawn chairs that slobs left scattered around clearings/ fire rings that were full of crap.
Old 09-26-2023, 03:45 PM

Could not agree more, it keeps getting harder and harder to defend hunting and hunters when that's the way people see or have experienced the end result from our activities in the field
Old 09-26-2023, 03:58 PM

This spring I walked up Cadomin mountain and found a bud light can and someones key 3/4 of the way up. I also found some old beer bottles deep in Moose country this year a long way from anywhere a truck or quad could get. I was really just impressed that someone went through all that effort to drink beer out there.

Kind of funny finding weird old little things in the middle of nowhere. Just when you are thinking "I bet I'm the only one who has been in here in a hundred years" there's an old Molson Gold can sticking out of the dirt.

But it is gross when people are leaving tarps and crap out there. It is hunters too can't even blame the hikers.

We do need to start thinking about handing out hard jail time for people that release helium balloons.