Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-13-2014, 03:09 PM

Default Prime Shift Cams

Hi all,
got a new Prime Shift with 29" draw...I had my old Bear bow set at 28.5" and thought I could get away with the 29" (if necessarry using an shorter/adjustable release). The 29" works well, but just had a couple questions about it:
1. Where can a guy get 28" parrallel cams for this and does anyone know how expensive???
2. I heard that the longer draw weight contributes to a higher speed...what are your thoughts???
As I said, I have shot this and it shoots great, so I am not having any major issues with the draw, but just want to educate myself for the consideration of potentially shortening the draw. thanks everyone.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
Hi all,
got a new Prime Shift with 29" draw...I had my old Bear bow set at 28.5" and thought I could get away with the 29" (if necessarry using an shorter/adjustable release). The 29" works well, but just had a couple questions about it:
1. Where can a guy get 28" parrallel cams for this and does anyone know how expensive???
2. I heard that the longer draw weight contributes to a higher speed...what are your thoughts???
As I said, I have shot this and it shoots great, so I am not having any major issues with the draw, but just want to educate myself for the consideration of potentially shortening the draw. thanks everyone.
Longer draw LENGTH and higher draw weight contribute to higher speed.

But....if the bow doesn't fit you because the draw length is too long for you, then you will have a host of other issues that are more important than a bit more speed.

LC
Old 01-13-2014, 03:35 PM

Spal can order them
Old 01-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Thanks LC...I am not even totally sure, because it feels a little different, but the bow is totally new to me as well so I thought I would know my options. I totally agree that proper fitment should be priority.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:58 AM

Default Try Archery Talk

I found new cams on Archery talk Forum in the classified section. The bow needs to fit you.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:12 PM

Default Prime shift cams switch

You guys are absolutely right that the bow should "fit". It feels good with the 29" draw, but think I will order new cams (think I am partly in denial...especially when these rigs aren't just a simple cost free adjustment lol) and give me a true comparison...especially since this is a new bow that I decked out and plan to have for some time, besides if anything the strings will only stretch. Might have a new set of Prime Shift 29" cams for sale (wink, wink) in the near future. Thanks for the honesty guys.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:16 PM

Waterboy, send me a pm as I have a shift in 28" draw which you can try before ordering cams, I am located in lacombe so could meet up somewhere for a shoot.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:34 PM

Default Prime Cams

Accurate Archery Will be open mid March 2014 and a Prime Dealer.
Located in the upper level of Ecko Marine and Powersports in Alberta Beach.
You can test a bow to confirm correct draw length and Cams will be swapped out free of Charge.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:53 PM

Thanks a lot Elkoholik that's very kind...shot you a message. And thanks Soupcan for the heads up.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM

Most dealers/PRO shops in Alberta can order them

Neil