Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-21-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknot View Post
I decided to get back in to Archery after being out of it for ten years, So I bought a bow, Some Aluminum arrows. I have been so excited to shoot for the first time in ten years. So I headed to Red Deer. Got a few things done to my bow. Diverted my parallel limb bow from being destroyed in a bow press. I was insulted for shooting aluminum arrows. I guess there no good to shoot anymore. And was told how durable Carbons arrows are. And the stupid abuse that they put them through.(Arrows are to be shot at a target or so I thought) I would rather shoot a bent Aluminum arrow than a carbon that is spilt and not visible any day. Ask my friend that put one through his hand. Not saying I would never shot them because I have and liked them but some people are not spoiled. I kept my cool and remained polite, I guess my 25 years in archery means nothing I am still a newbie. And after things were done I paid and said "I will be back to shoot another day" and walked out never to return again. Boy was i disappointed. Still can't wait to shoot for the first time still and find some one that wants my business. AND ALL MY FRIENDS TOO!!!!!
I find this story a little odd, and am having a little trouble believing it. 3 years ago I also went in there to buy some alluminum arrows, which they didn't carry then either. I had been kicking around the idea of switching to carbon anyway, so I decided to go with carbon. They were most definatley NOT insulting. She was very friendly and helpful, sized my arrows for me, no charge, gave lots of good advice for re-sighting my bow, reinstalled my peep sight, paper tuned my bow for me, also no charge, didn't charge me for using their shooting lane, and on and on....all for the price of a handful of arrows. Great service, nice people, I just have a feeling there's another side to this story.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitexlr View Post
Archery tackle is considered a weapon(projectile shot powered by muscle,air,gunpowder, etc. Read your hunting regs. I too wish i had lots of land to shoot on but i don't, so please cease your person attack on RAC. Real archers rely on this establishment to shoot their equip.

Wish you good luck on gettin' back into archery, it's an awesome sport! Yes, try another shop & perhaps you may observe how archery has changed over past decade. Hopefully other archers @ said shops can help you with your rusty views on archery.

Perhaps if you could swallow your pride, you should come to Mother of all Shoots last week in Feb. or Canadian Indoor 3D Nationals in early Apr. both helld @ westerner as a competitor or a spectator. No admission fee for watching & see a "REAL" archery club @ work! See ya there.
What an elitist pile of crap.........you do your sport and the "club" you so obviously are in love with no good with your sarcasm and petty bashing............... you should be ashamed of yourself and in anyone involved with the aforementioned club and establishment. The correct stance would of been a pm and then put the original op in contact with somebody from the club/store to resolve the issue to everyone's satisfaction, not a public ****ing contest with you coming off looking like a schoolyard bully.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrude1 View Post
I had the same experience there last year trying to pick up some alums for my brother " oh you dont want those they are way to expensive nobody uses those anymore we dont even carry them" I was told. never been back since. im lucky its the same distance to CAC as to RD I shoot beman hunter 400 a doz= $125 all in my son shoots easton xx75 2314 cobalts a doz=$120. huh they still make them go figure
So just because they don't happen to carry the old technology that you're looking for, in your mind that equates to bad service? Whatever. They probably don't sell wooden arrows either.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 PM

I don't think you can make 'final' judgement on a place based on 'one' visit. Maybe give them another try... maybe you guys caught them on a busy(clutterd bench) or bad day (poor service). I was in there recently and good news they are moving to a new location offering 40 foot lanes. That guys is good news for Red Deer. I mean if we stopped going into every store I recieved poor service at we would run out of places to shop...

Was in the new store by Costco a few days ago and found it to be low on stock but will check back often for sure

DB
Old 04-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Banned

And it lives on, lets see how well they do with some competion in town. They better resight there ways. I wouldn't call them an archery shop if your only customers is the members in the club.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by delburnedave View Post
I find this story a little odd, and am having a little trouble believing it. 3 years ago I also went in there to buy some alluminum arrows, which they didn't carry then either. I had been kicking around the idea of switching to carbon anyway, so I decided to go with carbon. They were most definatley NOT insulting. She was very friendly and helpful, sized my arrows for me, no charge, gave lots of good advice for re-sighting my bow, reinstalled my peep sight, paper tuned my bow for me, also no charge, didn't charge me for using their shooting lane, and on and on....all for the price of a handful of arrows. Great service, nice people, I just have a feeling there's another side to this story.
if you read the complete post he wasn't the only one that has had problems there. I will never set foot in that shop as of lots of my friends to.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrawn View Post
if you read the complete post he wasn't the only one that has had problems there. I will never set foot in that shop as of lots of my friends to.
And if you read the rest of the thread you'll see that I'm not the only one who has had a positive experience there.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
to a new location offering 40 foot lanes.

DB
40 foot lanes? I'm sure you mean 40 yard lanes don't you?
Old 04-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
And if you read the rest of the thread you'll see that I'm not the only one who has had a positive experience there.
CLAP,CLAP. Good for you. But the shop handled it completly wrong. They have shown there true colors. And as far as going back to try it again. They get one chance.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
But if YOU read all the posts you would see way more negitive than positve.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:54 PM

Well, I've certainly not had any problems with RDAC.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMedic View Post
But if YOU read all the posts you would see way more negitive than positve.
LMAO All that means is that the simple minded whiners and crybabies happen to be a little more vocal, as is often the case on here.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
LMAO All that means is that the simple minded whiners and crybabies happen to be a little more vocal, as is often the case on here.
Then why are you posting. Calling the Kettle black are we.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 PM

And yet another AO thread heads in a perpetually predictable direction.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
And yet another AO thread heads in a perpetually predictable direction.
x2 but pipestone all the way 1 stop shop guns and bows and good guy to deal with only spot ill shop now
Old 04-22-2010, 11:47 PM

I have purchased many bows (and have sold many bows on commision) with them. I have been in the shop and have seen Pat service bows that they never sold ........ at no charge, they have been active in the community with the junior programs, put on the most successful 3D archery tournaments in Canada, helped with the Camp He Ho Ha shoot....and the list can go on and on. I can certainly see that not everyone will have the same experience, that is a fact of life, but I have, without hesitation, been treated with respect in every way.

I for one value and appreciate the knowledge and integrety that I see in this shop and have forged many friendships with staff and with customers in the shop over the years. I do not have the knowledge base to tune my own bows, etc and would struggle without their help.

I give you many thumbs up. I will continue to be a loyal customer, and will continue to recommend your service to anyone. Thank you for the hard work that often never goes noticed in making a difference in people's lives and in many functioned that very few others would ever show the commitment to organize and run.

Thank you for your ongoing service.......Marco
Old 04-23-2010, 05:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Did you read the post were Windknot wanted it to end, if you were mature than maybe you should have not posted. And for a fact I am good friends with Windknot and the story is very real. So lets keep on posting on this topic it must be great for bussiness!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:50 AM

I think at this point it would be good to remind everyone of this...

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showp...81&postcount=3
Old 04-23-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Did you read the post were Windknot wanted it to end, if you were mature than maybe you should have not posted. And for a fact I am good friends with Windknot and the story is very real. So lets keep on posting on this topic it must be great for bussiness!!!
Oh, OK, I see how it works now. A few guys come on here and start bashing a reputable, family run business, and as soon as someone disagrees, and calls them out on it, then the OP demands that the thread stop, and that's supposed to be the end of it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Banned

no i think the point is, all this is going to lead to is huge arguments when it should have been left alone,water under the bridge. what did everyone think was going to happen. it was dealt with wrong to begin with. and as far as i concerned if it was dealt with properly this wouldn't of happened and they might have gained or regained more costomers and alot of respect.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
The way I see it is this.

You and Windknot are trying to stir up business for you in your basement. Makes me wonder what kind of quality work you do BowMedic if your friend has to go to another place to get service............lol

whether everyone is happy or not that is the price of doing business, a business will not be able to make everyone happy. If a person has a problem with a business contact them and tell them you were not happy, if you dont they will never know that someone was not happy with the service
Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
The way I see it is this.

You and Windknot are trying to stir up business for you in your basement. Makes me wonder what kind of quality work you do BowMedic if your friend has to go to another place to get service............lol

whether everyone is happy or not that is the price of doing business, a business will not be able to make everyone happy. If a person has a problem with a business contact them and tell them you were not happy, if you dont they will never know that someone was not happy with the service
I don't do my work for profit, all my labour is free. As I work full time and sometimes I don't have time to get everyone's bows ready. Windknot had some pretty minor thing to get done. Installing a knock and a peep. Simple stuff. I do great quality work and have been doing so for years.(I call it my hobbie)

As for what happend in that particular place. They new he left very unhappy because he paid for the peep, knock and shooting lane fees and never even shot. I think you would have known you had an unhappy customer. Why would you do bussiness in a place that belittles you. I'm sure a quick apoligie would have went a long way. But iether through PM or this posting has one ever been said, just them trying to belittle and try defend them selfs. Something that someone that is guilty does. And I doubt an apoligie will ever be said. Word of mouth goes a long way and the internet goes even further.

This topic should have been left to rest. Why make it any worse?
Old 04-23-2010, 06:59 PM

It is easy to see the character of an individual in how they handle the situation. I think what would have been prudent would have been to go and talk with the owners and see if a resolution could be made. It appears that it is far easier in todays day and age to go on "the internet" and tarnish someone or some businesses image.....behind a name which protects one's identity. If a resolution could not be made to both's satisfaction, then you agree to disagree. It is so easy to talk in this kind of forum and damage people's reputations.....on both sides. I agree with other postings on this thread in that a business cannot always please everyone. That is a reality....and I guess what could improve the internet bashing would be to have every happy customer proclaim their pleasure in the service. You and I both know that that will not happen and unfortunately it is easy if you have felt that you have been slighted to feel the need to tarnish the image of that business. To think that you could post derogatory comments on a business on a forum and not expect a backlash from supporters and happy customers is not a reality.....this thread would not have progressed to this point in the first place if it had not been started and the individual had gone to talk with the business in the first place.

These threads do get tiring and certainly damage alot of people that would be far better served by talking with each other like adults to resolve the issue.

If you want resolution, post your real name and phone number or visit the shop to discuss the issue.

Marco
Old 04-23-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCreek View Post
It is easy to see the character of an individual in how they handle the situation. I think what would have been prudent would have been to go and talk with the owners and see if a resolution could be made. It appears that it is far easier in todays day and age to go on "the internet" and tarnish someone or some businesses image.....behind a name which protects one's identity. If a resolution could not be made to both's satisfaction, then you agree to disagree. It is so easy to talk in this kind of forum and damage people's reputations.....on both sides. I agree with other postings on this thread in that a business cannot always please everyone. That is a reality....and I guess what could improve the internet bashing would be to have every happy customer proclaim their pleasure in the service. You and I both know that that will not happen and unfortunately it is easy if you have felt that you have been slighted to feel the need to tarnish the image of that business. To think that you could post derogatory comments on a business on a forum and not expect a backlash from supporters and happy customers is not a reality.....this thread would not have progressed to this point in the first place if it had not been started and the individual had gone to talk with the business in the first place.

These threads do get tiring and certainly damage alot of people that would be far better served by talking with each other like adults to resolve the issue.

If you want resolution, post your real name and phone number or visit the shop to discuss the issue.

Marco
Very Proffesional Marco, I totally agree with you.Great Post.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:

Marco
2x to that, but post your name and phone# first. Because I wouldn't.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrawn View Post
2x to that, but post your name and phone# first. Because I wouldn't.
He has, right here : http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=55657

I was in there today. Bought a half dozen arrows for my wife's new bow, and had the draw length adjusted for her.

The service there speaks enough to me that I dont need talk to sell it.

Until that changes, I will return when necessary.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:13 AM
Banned

I thought advertising was against board rules. So glad to here that your getting good service. I thought why should the customer stick his neck out, there is such a thing called PMs. Again going back to THIS WHOLE SITUATION WAS DEALT WITH WRONG FROM THE BEGINING. So I don't think my last post was to start more dissagreements. It was handle wrong by BOTHparties...........PERIOD
Old 04-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Banned

Quote:

Marco
Why should it be up to the customer to resolve the problem. The reply he got back from 3Dforme was great. First chance for an apologie gone out the window. If I let you do a head mount and U ripped me off. I sure wouldn't be talking to you about it. That is the bussiness owner resposibilty. Why should the customer have to go try to fix it. Thats just bad bussiness, plain and simple. Its not his problem. But its great to see this post living, keep it on the top. Because like you said, you can tell alot about a person the way they handle the situation. I think that sums it up. What do you think about the way they handle the situation Marco.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:43 AM

The relationship between a business and a customer is just that.......a relationship......it takes both sides to develop. If your wife offends you, do you work on the relationship or post the problems all over the internet and announce your intentions of leaving her. I know that is an extreme example but never the less, there is a parallel. I would say that my clients and I have a relationship which was forged between both parties....with equal effort. Many of my clients are now great friends and worth the efforts required to keep that relationship. I certainly did not suggest that the original poster needed to fix the problem. I did however suggest that he go back to see if the issues could be worked out between the two (that's a 50-50 proposition). If he or anyone else is not willing to do that, it is probably a client that will never be satisfied or happy and the business is probably better off not having to deal with that individual. You made an assumption when you indicated that the Shop knew he was an unhappy customer when he paid for lane fees when he did not shoot. That is quite an assumption.

You asked me what I think about how the shop handled the situation....couldn't really tell you as I was not there. What I do see from the owners is integrety as they have not been drawn into trying to defend themselves on a public forum. As mentioned, it so easy to go to a public forum and voice all the wrong doings (and a one sided view) without the ability for the two parties to work through whatever the issues were in the first place in private. I think that if the original poster had tried, he may have had a different experience and nothing would have ever been said. That would be the foundation of a relationship between the shop owners and the customer. No where in the posts did I see that the concerns were voiced to the owner and as such how could the owners know that there is a problem.

I stand behind the integrety and the service provided by the Shop....but that relationship has been forged over many years of building between both between themselves and myself. It is a relationship that I intend on both working on, continuing to develop and enjoying for as long as the shop is open for business. There is no question how I view the character of Pat and staff.

Marco
Old 04-24-2010, 08:00 AM

Default A very true statement

It takes a lot of work and dedication to gain a customer, but only 1 mistake to lose that customer. It doesn't matter if that mistake is in handling the customers requirements or in service.

It is also a trueism that a happy customer will sometimes tell you they are and go home and tell 1 or 2 friend........ an unhappy customer will often not tell you and go tell every friend and acquaintance, and or everyone who will hold still long enough to hear their story...... this is human nature yet you are all beating up the OP for it?????