Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-22-2015, 08:03 AM

I buy and sell a lot of guns. When I buy new, I lose money every single time without fail. It's as certain as the sun rising in the morning. When I buy used, I rarely, if ever lose a penny. In fact, I most often make a few bucks when I sell them. Used guns shoot as well as new.

IF YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY AND GET A BETTER GUN, BUY USED FROM A MEMBER HERE OR ON CGN WITH AN UNBLEMISHED TRADER RATING.

If you want a gun that you will for almost assuredly want to get rid of in a few years, buy a Savage Axis. Many will shoot as well as a $3K Cooper, but it will still be a Savage Axis that feels about as well made as a dollar store bbq lighter. I'm just being honest.

If you want a good, solid rifle that will serve you well for a lifetime, if you were so inclined, you are on the right track with a Tikka T3. Buy it used and you will save yourself money. You might have to get a different cartridge, but there are so many that will be fine all around cartridges, the animals won't ever know the difference.

Good luck in your search. For me, the search for a new gun is the most fun I have.

Last edited by sns2; 03-22-2015 at 08:29 AM.