Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 04:07 PM

What exactly defines a terrorist...??? Does terrorist equal group of Muslim Extremists? Or a single Muslim extremist? Or do you even have to be Muslim? i.e. Timothy McVeigh, To me, anyone who causes terror is a terrorist. I'm extremely ****ed off that this happened but I have no idea where to point my anger at...Refuse to be terrorized by these scum! This takes their power away.

We have to be smart about this. Without full knowledge of who, what, where, why and how we can't make an educated decision on what we'll do about it.

If this turns out to be directly connected to ISIS...all the more reason to kill everyone of them. I feel that it's more complicated than that though. This is an Ideology that can and has shown its face anywhere, through anyone...

RIP Soldier. Thank You for your service!
Old 10-22-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post

Either one feels that something needs to be done differently than before, or that nothing needs to be done. I take it you are in the latter camp?
Nice false dilemma - I see what you did there!

Perhaps you just joined this thread, and missed my previous posts.

I'm in the "camp" that cautions that ill-conceived and hasty response will result in unintended consequences.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Goodfellow View Post

I'm in the "camp" that cautions that ill-conceived and hasty response will result in unintended consequences.
Then we are in perfect agreement. I'd like to see well-concieved, thoughful strategy and actions that produce a decrease in hate, radicalization, and violence. So quit trying to bait and start an argument with me.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:

Perhaps you should run for PM, or try to get a job advising the Chief of the Defence Staff. You've been fairly passive aggressive and condescending in your comments about this terrorist attack. I have a feeling you aren't making a lot of friends on here buds!
Old 10-22-2014, 04:26 PM

Just checking updates on the CBC site. Banner immediately above the headline stating one of our military shot dead is for some comedy thing, big letters saying "Canada laughs here" are they total disrespectful imbeciles or what?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 10-22-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backcountry cowboy View Post
There has to some serious changes now, there is no reason for these things to be happening and for all these radicals to be coming into Canada. If you come to Canada, you support Canada….. if you disagree with what we believe in and stand for…. get out! Plain and simple
Our soldiers have risked their lives, in both World Wars and many other conflicts to let Canadians have the rights and freedoms we do, and we should back our soldiers up….. no questions asked
x2
Old 10-22-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Then we are in perfect agreement. I'd like to see well-concieved, thoughful strategy and actions that produce a decrease in hate, radicalization, and violence. So quit trying to bait and start an argument with me.
With that stream of thought consider that isis is just rebranded al-quaida.
Now that it is well known that the CIA trained and funded al-quaida at one time as "freedom fighters" and are now calling them terrorists. Think about that for a minute. Now a " well-concieved , thoughtful strategy and actions that produce a decrease in hate , radicalization and violence " would be to expose these puppet masters for what they are.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Banned

Oki:

More laws controlling free speech?

Bro: Did you go to the that Miss Hitler Contest they held in Russia last week?

Yikes.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:31 PM

Kudo's to the sergeant at arms Kevin Vickers

Who knew he carries a gun as well as a mace I always thought that position was for show.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Gone Hunting

pretty sure RG is a reincarnation of a former member....

Last edited by hal53; 10-22-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Banned

Shooter used a lever action 30-30
Old 10-22-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post
The weapons confusion could be the result of the media not knowing the difference. Many of these people are urban folks have no exposure to firearms.

My mother, who is currently staying with me, has no idea of the difference between a shotgun and a rifle, and I own both.
I heard a CBC reporter on the scene say "police armed with AK47's".

guns dont kill people, fathers with attractive daughters kill people.

"every bullet from a 30-06 is guided downrange by God himself" - Huntinstuff
Old 10-22-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cover View Post
With that stream of thought consider that isis is just rebranded al-quaida.
Now that it is well known that the CIA trained and funded al-quaida at one time as "freedom fighters" and are now calling them terrorists. Think about that for a minute. Now a " well-concieved , thoughtful strategy and actions that produce a decrease in hate , radicalization and violence " would be to expose these puppet masters for what they are.
Can't blame ourselves or our leaders for this mess can we???? Either way...need to move forward. Without being any kind of expert in foreign affairs it sure's seems the more ourselves and the US have done over there the more hatred and backlash that has returned. A sticky situation. ***** footing around seems to be the worst solution though. All in or All out in my opinion. Leaning a lot more to ALL IN after today's events.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
Shooter used a lever action 30-30
Any info to back that up? Honestly curious to know.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLantz View Post
Any info to back that up? Honestly curious to know.
The pic CBC showed was a lever gun.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCanuck View Post
Thanks, I looked briefly but couldnt find any info about what he used. Doesnt matter much, its a disgusting crime any way you slice it.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:50 PM

pic should 3030 reports where he had a shotgun

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
For the CBC that would be an AK 30-30.

It is made at Baikal factory #30 of Putin Chemical and Steel. AG.

Edit: A Baikal AK 30-30 shotgun. Very rare. Have not even heard about it from the late Ted and Stan of CHAS.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
one witness on CBC just said double barrel shotgun, another said a single shot rifle.

guns dont kill people, fathers with attractive daughters kill people.

"every bullet from a 30-06 is guided downrange by God himself" - Huntinstuff
Old 10-22-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
soldier killed Cpl Nathan Cirllo Rest in Piece

Cpl. Nathan Cirillo leaves behind son. Heartbreaking.
Thank you,
RIP
Old 10-22-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog View Post
one witness on CBC just said double barrel shotgun, another said a single shot rifle.
Evan Soloman commenting on the video of the shooting in the Building talked about assault weapons fire, yet everyone seen had side arms. The media is next to useless.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteland.soldier View Post
Robin Goodfellow's comments are obviously the result of a soft head, and he's earned a place on my ignore list. But this is no better:

The last attacker was a white guy, or did you mean get rid of every immigrant whose family arrived after the natives?
Well I'm sure this white guy just dreamed up Isis and I think you gotta be Muslim for this to be brought on, but immigration is a great thing eh, for the people who stick up for it I wish you were the ones with out a loved one and maybe you'd think twice
Old 10-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Evan Solomon just called it an assault rifle while the pic was up on the screen .colossal d-bag
Old 10-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
We weren't at war, until yesterday, when we sent our jets to bomb some nutjobs on the other side of the planet.

Nutjobs with zero force projection capability.

It's a shame that in our national rush to avoid "doing nothing" we also avoided responding sensibly.

When ISIS finally does figure out a way to "respond" to us, let us not delude ourselves as to who threw the first punch.

HIP HIP HOORAW , finely a man with some knowledge .

l said this would happen if Harper sends the warplanes over there , now the nuts will retaliate on us for a war that was started by American oil mongrels.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:17 PM

Isis are idiots. Had they taken over part if Iraq and Syria...shored up their defences then announced a Islamic Stare wanting to live thereon in peace they would of been smart. I see this group run by internet geeks with lots of technical charisma power yet no people smarts. A bad social game in a life and death competition.

Had they done the above and then released all western hostages they likely would of been left alone to grow and prosper. Not good for the rest of the world however. Like the game Risk... The smart player stays quiet and grows while others knock each other off. Yes it takes patience...also shows a lack of the social side of the game.

They however were dumb. They threw the first punch. They declared war in the western world and brutally murdered innocent westerners.

That cause a retaliation by Canada. Small response due in part to a weak NDP and Liberal leader.

Now they do this heinous and despicable act...cowardly and weak minded. Now as WW2 Germany found out... You don't wake up Canadians.

We know the terrors of letting evil like this escape early consequences.

So to the soldier...deepest possible gratitude for your sacrifice. To his family. He won't be avenged. The military is higher then that. He will be a catelyst for the country to rally behind what his service meant. Protect Canada and our cherished way of life.

May Canada shoot straight and true.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Banned

Mil-guys: Question.

Would Cirillo qualify for a full Canadian military funeral?

I was wondering because of the reservist issue.

I think he better get one.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
The twisted thinking is in someone who reads my post and concludes I "Blame our government" for what happened today.

What happened today has been in the works for a while, and is probably unrelated.

Once our Jets start dropping bombs on ISIS, however, we can be assured that they will move beyond bombastic chest-thumping to trying to figure out a way to reach out and touch us for real.

They don't have SFA for projecting force, but once having been motivated by Canadian airstrikes, they'll be thinking up some pretty creative ways to respond.
Stands up and yells HERE HERE again .
Old 10-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Evan Soloman commenting on the video of the shooting in the Building talked about assault weapons fire, yet everyone seen had side arms. The media is next to useless.
The CBC cleaned up a telephone call of the actual fire fight. Listen to the last part of it. I heard it twice at work this morning

There is automatic weapons fire at the end. Light stuff like 9 mil.

Default Unbelieveable

So sad, a tragedy for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
HIP HIP HOORAW , finely a man with some knowledge .

l said this would happen if Harper sends the warplanes over there , now the nuts will retaliate on us for a war that was started by American oil mongrels.
I thought Isis started in Syria due to the Arab spring movement and the governments oppression. Syria is not a significant oil producing country. Syria is also propped up by Iran and Russia. The two main Muslim conflict between Sunni and Shiite in turn fuels the sectarian wars and conflicts.

US leaving Iraq to an ineffectual military and government gave them weapons

Turkey is allowing illegal oil sales and militant entry. Turkey seems to wants Isis to kill and weaken the Kurds before stepping in. Thinking smart as in the Risk game analogy.

Maybe I just don't see it your way.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Closed Thread