Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-30-2016, 12:48 PM

Default DIY Balancing Tool For Your Bow ???

Want to balance my bow without $$$ investment in a Pro Balancing Tool.

Since I'm not competing, close has to be better than what I've got now.
This is what I've done so far on my Hoyt Nitrum 34.

Took off my handles and see there are two oval slots.
The top oval is virtually level with where the bow would rest on the hand.

I ran a level 3/8" rod though that hole and experimented by adding and subtracting weights front and back of my Bee Stinger stabilizer. Of course this only balances forward and backward movement.

Any suggestions or ideas appreciated.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:45 PM
Banned

Default balancing

Why don't you just take it into a shop and tell them what you are trying to do? A place like Jimbows with great customer service would likely have it done in a couple mins. Make some sort of purchase out of appreciation of their help (whatever shop you take it to) and remember them next time you want to spend more cash. Probably that easy.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBE2 View Post
Why don't you just take it into a shop and tell them what you are trying to do? A place like Jimbows with great customer service would likely have it done in a couple mins. Make some sort of purchase out of appreciation of their help (whatever shop you take it to) and remember them next time you want to spend more cash. Probably that easy.
Listen JimBow,
I wouldn't let some random dude touch my stuff (if you know what I mean)... any real hunter knows how to balance their own bow.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBack69 View Post
Listen JimBow,
I wouldn't let some random dude touch my stuff (if you know what I mean)... any real hunter knows how to balance their own bow.
???
Old 05-31-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Listen JimBow,
Oh boy, I thought the Archery Section was troll free.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Listen JimBow,
Lol....that's not Jim, but SBE2 has a point not everyone has the means or savy to work on bows.

LC
Old 05-31-2016, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Listen JimBow,
WTF? Not bad for your 3rd post, bolted to DB status rather quickly. Not Jimbow by the way, but a huge fan of their customer service and reliability. But "real hunters" don't need proshops for anything probably in your mind. Keep up the quality contributions.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBE2 View Post
Well said, I personally can't buy a bow from Jimbows for reasons irrelevant to this post however I have gone to Jimbows Edmonton shortly after they opened and have always been treated with respect and appreciation they set up all my bows with great detail and I try to support them as much as I can.

Unless you have a lot of bows and are willing to spend money on the proper equipment and gain the know how use a pro shop, ask questions and get a better setup in the end with less headache.

There is zero point in spending $1,000-$2,000 on your archery setup only to save a few bucks on getting it properly set up and not having a bow performing at it and your full potential.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Listen JimBow,
Well I'll tell you one thing... if the transmission goes in my truck I'm probably going to take it to a mechanic... or if some day I have a heart attack I'm probably going to see a doctor... All things I know little about so seek the advice/help of a "random" professional! And yes, sometimes there are things that I need done with my bow that are outside of my expertise, so I have taken it to those, "random" professionals at JimBows. Guess what, shot like a dream after!