Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2016, 11:00 AM

We should focus on sustainability, self-sufficiency, and defending our borders.

None of these are likely based on our inherent greed and lack of desire to actually build up capable defences.

The older I get the further north i want to move.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:27 AM
Banned

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7056741.html

A disfiguring tropical disease is sweeping across the Middle East as a combination of heavy conflict and a breakdown of health care facilities in Isis-occupied areas leaves swathes of people vulnerable to the illness.

Cutaneous leishmaniasis is caused by a parasite in the blood stream transmitted through sand fly bites. The disease can result in horrible open sores as well as disfiguring skin lesions, nodules or papules.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...ase-to-europe/

Thousands of cases have now been reported. Previous, it was contained in Syria but has spread to Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan after more than four million Syrians fled there.

With the same migrants now heading on to Europe in their millions, it could be just a matter of times before it reaches the West
Old 05-31-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
No offense, but we don't have anything to learn from third world countries. Nothing. (except maybe what "not to do")
The reality is that if the SHTF third world countries will feel the least of it. Compared to us they are living a far more sustainable lifestyle. Certainly not a great lifestyle but they simply haven't gotten used to the excess comforts and don't have as much to lose. They will trudge along in a down turn as we feel relative misery as we are knocked down from our perches. Not saying we give everything up but the reality is that with more and more first world people striving for more and more stuff...we are all closer than ever to all becoming third world like countries.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
The reality is that if the SHTF third world countries will feel the least of it. Compared to us they are living a far more sustainable lifestyle. Certainly not a great lifestyle but they simply haven't gotten used to the excess comforts and don't have as much to lose. They will trudge along in a down turn as we feel relative misery as we are knocked down from our perches. Not saying we give everything up but the reality is that with more and more first world people striving for more and more stuff...we are all closer than ever to all becoming third world like countries.
Yeah, I'm not sure what happens to third world countries when we no longer are able to supply them with aid etc. I'm sure everyone will feel the burn if first world countries are affected by some event. We may fall further, but we will still be in a better position. Just my humble opinion...and circumstances will certainly dictate the outcome.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:40 AM
Banned

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ari...49662602-story

Measles outbreak in Arizona.

An outbreak of measles that began with an inmate at a federal detention center for immigrants in central Arizona has now grown to 11 confirmed cases.

Pinal County Health Services spokesman Joe Pyritz said Monday that seven of those infected are inmates at the Eloy Detention Center and four are workers at the facility.

"All 11 cases have been in Pinal County, now we have an exposure in Maricopa County," said Dr. Cara Christ with the AZ Department of Health Services.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:17 PM

Isn't it amazing what cheap energy did for humans?

Those more astute might have already, or will draw some interesting conclusions between this and the lefts current push to make energy more expensive.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
Isn't it amazing what cheap energy did for humans?

Those more astute might have already, or will draw some interesting conclusions between this and the lefts current push to make energy more expensive.
I'm sure the left would never want to enfeeble a population and make them even more reliant on an elitist ruling class for scraps of bread.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:55 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm5xF-UYgdg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezVk1ahRF78
Old 05-31-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/ari...49662602-story

Measles outbreak in Arizona.

An outbreak of measles that began with an inmate at a federal detention center for immigrants in central Arizona has now grown to 11 confirmed cases.

Pinal County Health Services spokesman Joe Pyritz said Monday that seven of those infected are inmates at the Eloy Detention Center and four are workers at the facility.

"All 11 cases have been in Pinal County, now we have an exposure in Maricopa County," said Dr. Cara Christ with the AZ Department of Health Services.
Measles are the least of our worries.

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2...sis-hepatitis/

The third world has to many people and to many problems and we shouldn't be importing those problems here.

22% of Refugees have Tuberculosis

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-tuberculosis/

Our Health Care system can't handle this influx.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:34 PM

Interesting video, but about religion and birthrate, I think it could be a case of " lies, damned lies, and statistics (c)".
Basically in some imaginary country in Europe you may have 90% Christians and 10 % Muslims with later having much higher fertility and, maybe, even requiring much less males for fathering children. Actually, total population can even be decreasing.
That imaginary case, where religion definitely plays a role will never show up in his illustration, just because country color is defined by Christian majority, but may not stay this color for long.
Not saying that this is what is going on, it's just his logic seems to be a bit off.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-71 View Post
Interesting video, but about religion and birthrate, I think it could be a case of " lies, damned lies, and statistics (c)".
Basically in some imaginary country in Europe you may have 90% Christians and 10 % Muslims with later having much higher fertility and, maybe, even requiring much less males for fathering children. Actually, total population can even be decreasing.
That imaginary case, where religion definitely plays a role will never show up in his illustration, just because country color is defined by Christian majority, but may not stay this color for long.
Not saying that this is what is going on, it's just his logic seems to be a bit off.
He definitely did some data "smoothing" as the "scientists" are fond of doing these days.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:01 PM

Unhappy

were all going to die
Old 05-31-2016, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
were all going to die
Yep. Death is inevitable. Nobody has escaped it yet.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:22 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...birth-control/

Big part of the problem.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
were all going to die
But will there be lights to turn off by the last human on earth ?

Grizz
Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
were all going to die
Send me $500 every month and I personally guarantee you will live as long as you can make the payments....
Old 06-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
He definitely did some data "smoothing" as the "scientists" are fond of doing these days.
I'm well aware of that problem in the modern academia, but so far found no evidence of data massaging by Rosling. His conclusions come across as very logical and... quite out of line with mainstream UNesque rhetoric and fear mongering. And AK-71 IMO confuses two problems - non-integration of foreigners to EU, Earth population in general and demographics of Muslim countries. MANY of those demographically are basket cases like Iran for instance.

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_CxJfFgh0

Last edited by V_1; 06-01-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_1 View Post
I'm well aware of that problem in the modern academia, but so far found no evidence of data massaging by Rosling. His conclusions come across as very logical and... quite out of line with mainstream UNesque rhetoric and fear mongering. And AK-71 IMO confuses two problems - non-integration of foreigners to EU, Earth population in general and demographics of Muslim countries. MANY of those demographically are basket cases like Iran for instance.

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_CxJfFgh0
From what I remember didn't he make the assumption that if a country was more than 50% muslim then he called it a muslim country? So a country with 52% muslim having 5 kids each, and 47% "other" having 2 kids each would be a blended birth rate, but still be classified as a muslim country. Same for majority Christian countries. I'm not saying he is deliberately hiding anything, but his methodology is not necessarily exposing any real trends within religious groups.

I think we see the fallacy of his projections in recent birth rates in western civilizations that have been broken out by religion.

Number one (roughly) baby name in UK, Denmark, Detroit, Norway etc is Mohammed etc etc etc. Turkish President Erdogan calling it treason for muslim women not to have as many babies as possible etc etc.

Not saying the good or the bad of anything. I'm just pointing out how people play statistical shell games with data to fool people who aren't paying attention (and sometimes it may just be a matter of innocently trying to oversimplify things). What their motives are, I will not hazard a guess. (on here anyway )
Old 06-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Banned

If you leave religious aspects out, the population of the planet will stabilize around ~10B and will eventually decrease. End of this part of the story. The STRUCTURE of the population is the different story and will depend on many factors.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_1 View Post
If you leave religious aspects out, the population of the planet will stabilize around ~10B and will eventually decrease. End of this part of the story. The STRUCTURE of the population is the different story and will depend on many factors.
That's one man's guess.

11.2 billion by 2100 http://www.economist.com/blogs/graph...t-growth-areas

Or if you are OK with UN numbers it could range anywhere from 16.8 billion down to 6.8 billion depending on future fertility rates.

Or we could be down to a million people. 80 years is a long ways away.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
No problem with the video - Canada seems to stay just as wide open and unpopulated, no matter what happens, especially the north and mid-western portions.

Here is Tokyo:

http://i2.wp.com/metrocosm.com/wp-co...population.png
Old 06-01-2016, 01:30 PM

I have heard there have been talks to de-populate the world too. It has been said by some that world powers have discussed eliminating 1.6 billion people from the planet.

World populations are growing because we have a world health care system that keeps trying to extend the lives of sickly people. It used to be survival of the fittest. Now it's let's keep the sickly alive. It used to be 35 to 45 years old was the life expectancy of people. We have doubled life expectancy but lost the quality of our human race.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 06-01-2016, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
I have heard there have been talks to de-populate the world too. It has been said by some that world powers have discussed eliminating 1.6 billion people from the planet.

World populations are growing because we have a world health care system that keeps trying to extend the lives of sickly people. It used to be survival of the fittest. Now it's let's keep the sickly alive. It used to be 35 to 45 years old was the life expectancy of people. We have doubled life expectancy but lost the quality of our human race.
I don't think these 'planners' are wanting to eliminate people from cities... It's the rural folk that would be eliminated.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
I don't think these 'planners' are wanting to eliminate people from cities... It's the rural folk that would be eliminated.
And how would the city people survive without the rural people to supply them with food, crops, meat, wood to build their houses, oil, gas, and every other thing that rural folk produce that urban people couldn't survive without. I say kill the city people, small town and country folk don't need them, in fact city people are a pain in the **s when they come out to the country, so yah nuke the cities
Old 06-01-2016, 08:02 PM

Meh more people less space, vireses turn to disease, disease develops into a plague and boom! we're back down to sustainable numbers. We're Waaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue for a good old fashion plague. When things start getting out of hand our own governments will choose for the beeterment of mankind and move forward with a clensing initiative. Lots of weoponized viruses out there ready to go. This would just make sence to do rather then starve out a third of the planet.