Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-10-2008, 07:15 PM

Default Bale Blinds For Archery Hunting

I am interested in getting a hunting blind that is in the shape of a round bale to do some archery hunting from. I have how ever only been able to find 2 models one is made by Ameristep but is geared towards duck and goose hunting with the flip off top and no windows around the centere for archery hunting. The other is made by Gooseview...and has the windows made for archery hunting but it is way higher priced at 400 US for it. Does anyone have a bale blind reccommendation or any ideas as to what they use?

Thank in advacne for any help/information
Old 06-10-2008, 08:27 PM

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...l&N=4294967082

I would look at something like this then customize some shooting windows.

Maybe even look at another standard style type blind and throw some hay in the foilage holders.

If you have a area in mind where you can leave a blind up for a week or two then you could get away with a blaze orange box, in a farming community farmers constanntly move bales and machinery, animals that frequet the area will adapt quickly to a change in surroundings.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:50 AM

Page wire, straw, an inner liner of black and some creativity and you can make a blind that would get picked up by a bale hauler!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:03 AM

Default Bale Blinds

Speaking of bale blinds with Page Wire and burlap. They work so well, I'm still waiting to catch the ***** that stold mine from a field in behind Spruce Meadows in Calgary. Love to catch whoever took it in it
Old 06-12-2008, 07:40 AM

I guy up here in Athabasca makes some pretty nice ones for sale.
I seen pictures of them with deer 3 feet away from the bale. WOW They look so real

MY REAL FEAR IS THAT SOME HILL BILY COMES INTO A FIELD AND STARTS SHOOTING AT BALES AND PASSES ONE RIGHT BETWEEN YOUR EARS.!!

AL
Old 06-12-2008, 07:51 AM

Check out bowzone.ca. Guy from stony plain shows you step by step how to make them and it looks completly real. Tells you what tools, materials, and length of materials needed.