Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2017, 12:00 AM

Default Weird Experience Bow Hunting?

So I was walking back to my vehicle tonight after dark bow in hand. And a mid 90's chev passed me. Went down to the intersection and turned around. I thought no big deal obviously just a local neighbor looking to make sure I was alright to hunt. Ive been stopped by a lot of people before and never had an issue. Being pre-cautious I put and arrow in my bow and unclipped the buck knife on my hip. The truck came back by me, and slowed down but did not stop. They drove a couple hundred meters in front of me and stopped at my vehicle for a few minutes. After that another vehicle approached and the 90's chev drove up the road approximately 300M, to talk to the new vehicle.

They sat there while I got into my vehicle and drove off. The part that weirds me out about this is, most of the time when people are checking me as a hunter they stop and ask what your hunting, if you know so and so, etc.... These guys didnt do any of that. Which has me a bit paranoid, especially with the local break-ins and the cop shooting the other day. Should I be concerned, or am I just over thinking the situation?

FYI I called the land owner and he hadn't heard from anyone...
Old 10-21-2017, 01:39 AM

Basically they never stopped to bs with you so your scared they are going to burn your home? Lol, maybe not the social type. Don't let it bother you.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:23 AM
Banned

Where do you live that a stranger scared you so bad you actually prepped yourself for a fight you the death?
Old 10-21-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
Where do you live that a stranger scared you so bad you actually prepped yourself for a fight you the death?
Notleys Alberta.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:11 AM
Banned

I don’t see an issue with being prepared. You were alone in the dark away from any close by help and somebody does a slow drive by checking you out twice then confers with someone else before you vacate the area? I’d be exercising caution too. I once had a vehicle do the same to me in West Virginia late one night while I was pulled over in my transport on the side of a quiet out of the way two lane highway checking my map. When they made their third turn around to come back I thought this isn’t good and started moving. They followed me over twenty miles and finally turned back when I rolled onto the Interstate Hwy. With all the crap going down these days I think you are wise to be alert and prepared.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:18 AM

I wouldn't be worried unless it was a black dodge dually or you saw a pool noodle.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
So I was walking back to my vehicle tonight after dark bow in hand. And a mid 90's chev passed me. Went down to the intersection and turned around. I thought no big deal obviously just a local neighbor looking to make sure I was alright to hunt. Ive been stopped by a lot of people before and never had an issue. Being pre-cautious I put and arrow in my bow and unclipped the buck knife on my hip. The truck came back by me, and slowed down but did not stop. They drove a couple hundred meters in front of me and stopped at my vehicle for a few minutes. After that another vehicle approached and the 90's chev drove up the road approximately 300M, to talk to the new vehicle.

They sat there while I got into my vehicle and drove off. The part that weirds me out about this is, most of the time when people are checking me as a hunter they stop and ask what your hunting, if you know so and so, etc.... These guys didnt do any of that. Which has me a bit paranoid, especially with the local break-ins and the cop shooting the other day. Should I be concerned, or am I just over thinking the situation?

FYI I called the land owner and he hadn't heard from anyone...
did they tell you "you gotta purdy mouf"?