Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-25-2013, 07:58 AM

Default British Columbia Package Fishing In March/April?

First of all a happy Irish Christmas wishes to you all may it be a great day for ye.

Secondly my question is about fishing in Bc so I hope that is ok.

I have some family members coming over to visit and we are trying to plan a trip for salmon or steel hand fishing on the rivers of BC it will be one of those trips of a lifetime so I want to make it memorable. So I am looking on suggestions of packages ye might have taken in the past. it can be any length from 4-7 days and anywhere in BC. it will be a mixture of fly/bait/spin fishing..
The sheer volume of trips available online is quite confusing so I am looking for any tips or suggestions of trips ye might have been on.
Any help would be most grateful
Thanks
Old 12-25-2013, 08:25 AM

http://www.kalumriverlodge.com/index.html
Old 12-25-2013, 01:01 PM

You won't find any salmon in march/april but the steelhead are in full swing and most of the rivers with steelhead in spring are not classified. I am a guide in terrace so if you have any questions you can pm me and I will answer them for you. It really doesn't matter who you hire as a guide it will be expensive and not the numbers most people hope for thats just steelhead fishing.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:52 PM

Poor timing for good fishing

Steelhead are an option at that time but no go on salmon.

I would save my $ and wait for better timing. Fishing is just not good enough to make it worth the trip in my opinion.

If you decide on better timing I know a guide who can put you on sturgeon, salmon, steelhead, and bulls depending on the time of year