Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy View Post

Sorry, no delivery. If you come and pick it up I will throw in a fishing rod. It's got a small crack in it and no guides but maybe you could use it for roasting marshmallows.

I was just cleaning the garage and found a bunch of hooks laying in the corner. Some are kinda straight and some are a little rusty. Are you interested?
maybe the rod could be of some use yet,sorry not big on second hand hooks, if you would like I could perhaps tie flys on them for your own use. will double my bid on the dip net now have 2rapalas missing lips??
Old 01-28-2012, 05:59 PM

Dipnet is sold.

Can you use a 4pc fly rod? It's missing 2 of the pieces and the dog chewed the cork a bit.

I'm off to cheer on the Roughnecks.
Go 'Necks Go!!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:24 PM

These forums need some sort of "like" and "dislike" buttons. I agree with many people in the previous pages, but there is so many posts since then it's not even worth bringing up.

I know personally when I try out a new lake I like to know at least the possible depth chart of these lakes to get a better advantage. But even that can be found on Alberta Atlas.

The forums are very useful in gathering information, it's too bad they get abused by the "lazy" crowd.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:16 AM

Do you actually know what the purpose of a forum is????? your rant is most likely one of the rudest things I have ever seen on this site and it gets bad here at times. A classic example of people treating others rudely because its the internet. If your don't want to respond to a simple request from someone who so obviously has less resources and time or skill than yourself then simply scroll on by and mind your own buisness. Those of us who want to help can click on it and,,,well,,,,help!! I have gotton lots of good info and met lots of nice people from this site, bought expensive items on a hand shake and simply by reading your post I hope to never have personal dealings with you,,,,,,sorry.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 AM

I personally dont have alot of knowledge about fishing... I am learning slowly and Im having alot of fun doing so. I read lots, look at videos and take drives and see people ice fish.

But its nice to come here and ask for some help or advice.. Knowing that someone does reply to my silly questions... that is something, I think is quite important to me. I go to different lakes or ponds that I see on a map thats not too far for me to drive alone. But sometimes, I dont know what to use for different fishing, I only learned trout... So if I come here and ask... Please, put up with my learning to fish.. disability...

Thanks..
Old 02-10-2012, 09:52 AM

its funny how guys get all up in arms about doing legwork and research blah blah blah.

If you guys go out to the lakes or the local small town bait shop there will be guys in there who never sit in front of a computer and will help you find what you are looking for...tell you what to use and where to set up etc.

Ask on here and instantly you are lazy and a spoiled, spoon fed, brat....who has the false sense of entitlement again?? Dont want to help? then dont help....but dont look down your nose on a guy cause he doesnt want to burn three tanks of fuel to find a decent fish fry on the one weekend a year he can get out.

whole lot of assumptions on both sides of the arguement and your rant is rediculous...and in turn...my rant is also rediculous

Who needs enemies when we can log onto AOF and attack our friends and peers! ....tight lines boys and girls
Old 02-10-2012, 10:40 AM

Complaining on an online community about the online community you are complaining about and then expecting sympathy...

Old 02-10-2012, 11:15 AM

This thread reminds me a lot of the fellows that are always posting about wanting directions for a good gopher field, except that I'm thinking Jumbo perch may be a tad harder to find.
That fellow on the other Post with his nice perch, if he says where he is at, how many fishermen show up there next saturday and sunday, then how many more fishermen catch and keep every Jumbo they hook?

Seems to me as sportsmen on this forum we are pigs when it comes to harvesting this province's bounty. All the guys that think there should have been Cull tags for sheep instead of trying help Nebraska.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Banned

Cool

I feel the form members,that participate in the discussions for the most part are the minority that respect the law or fish respectfuly as a rule.as for the lurkers probably the opposite.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:01 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovich12 View Post
Love it!
Old 02-11-2012, 02:31 PM

It seems if you want an honest opinion of where the fishing is good just ask the guy behind the till at your bait shop. Usually they ask where your heading and most fisherman don't spill their guts. Ask that guy or gal after all the better your fishing is the more bait and tackle they are going to sell so they are going to send you where the fish are!!

I do this 4-5 times a year and have never been skunked taking the advise
Old 02-12-2012, 12:15 AM

I couldn't agree more with the OP. like, if I can find a decent spot on the disgusting slough they call eagle lake, then you should be able to find your own spot too.