Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2024, 04:09 PM

Default Natural Gas Supplier Question

So its time for Natural Gas renewal for the house here in Calgary, and I was wondering if there is better rates out there then what what our Direct Energy has quoted us at $4.99/GJ? Looking to move my services to another company if it works out, so please, if you have some recommendations, let me know. Thx!
Old 04-16-2024, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingnut View Post
So its time for Natural Gas renewal for the house here in Calgary, and I was wondering if there is better rates out there then what what our Direct Energy has quoted us at $4.99/GJ? Looking to move my services to another company if it works out, so please, if you have some recommendations, let me know. Thx!
Go with the floating market rate. Cost of nat gas is $1.60-1.70. $4.99 is way too high! Just keep an eye on the price of gas, if it decides to go up you can alway lock it in.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:45 PM

I agree the price of Nat/Gas maybe high but it's not the price off the gas that kills you I used $56.00 in gas in February and my total gas bill bill was $154.00 with all the BS charges like admin and Carbon TX
Old 04-16-2024, 09:58 PM

At the moment floating rate is probably better that being said sometime next year that huge lng port is opening up out west and we are finally going to be able to export our natural gas.That will likely drive up the prices some because internationally it sells for a lot more, the only question is the exact amount but it’s going to go up.
Old 04-17-2024, 07:44 AM

This was at the bottom of my last bill:
APRIL'S Gas Rate will DECREASE to $1.98/GJ FED FUEL IS $4.10/GJ
That's right, the carbon tax is two times the cost of the gas!

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:44 AM

What are the odds the future domestic market is subsidised vs having to pay retail+ for gas? If you start exporting LNG and the suppliers can get market value I wouldn’t expect them to be giving it away.

$4.99/gig might be cheap one day soon.

Here’s what we export/sell it for.

Old 04-19-2024, 09:54 AM

Watched Danielle's little blurb about elec prices and whatever it is they are doing there, not one word about all the admin fees and etc. Price of gas or elec on my bills is really not worth worrying about, may save a tad more on GST/Carbon tax by getting a lower rate, but, won't be much.