Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-19-2015, 11:07 AM

Default New Mathews bow?

Dry fired my DXT the other night and blew it up good. Now I need a new bow but haven't paid attention to the new models for awhile. I'm gonna shoot the no-cam hunter and see what its like. Any prefernces for a solid Mathews hunting bow? I have shot them for years and will continue to as Mathews have not let me down.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:12 PM

Default No Cam

I have shot the No cam thought it was smooth but thats it, do some research before buying this one. I am a huge Mathews fan but i also will shoot anything that fits and is smooth and feels good (not one of those guys that shoot a Mathews just because its says Mathews on the limbs ) i have owned lots of hoyt, APA , etc , just a few weeks ago i was told to try a Elite , i did and now this is the nicest bow i have ever shot hands down. I also shot a prime also and loved it. Just my thoughts lots of good bows out there these days !!!!!
Old 05-20-2015, 10:50 AM

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster"

Neil
Old 05-21-2015, 08:33 AM

Default bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullgetter View Post
Dry fired my DXT the other night and blew it up good. Now I need a new bow but haven't paid attention to the new models for awhile. I'm gonna shoot the no-cam hunter and see what its like. Any prefernces for a solid Mathews hunting bow? I have shot them for years and will continue to as Mathews have not let me down.
I have a Mathew creed 70lb bow 29in draw the lbs are to much will sell $1200.00 or @1000.00 bare if interested call 1-306-763-7280
Old 05-21-2015, 08:58 PM

There's lots of quality stuff out there. Visit some shops and shoot some stuff. The grass will probably be greener
Old 05-22-2015, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
There's lots of quality stuff out there. Visit some shops and shoot some stuff. The grass will probably be greener
Agreed. I wouldn't go into it dead set on any one bow or brand.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
Agreed. I wouldn't go into it dead set on any one bow or brand.
Very true guys...I was a Mathews fan for 20 years...their moto was "Catch us if you Can"...many brands have and IMHO caught and passed Mathews...I now shoot APA...because they feel so right in my hand...

Hold a few brands and see...

Neil
Old 05-22-2015, 09:27 AM

Just heading in to the city now. Hope to look at and shoot a few today.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Just heading in to the city now. Hope to look at and shoot a few today.
Have fun
Old 05-22-2015, 12:54 PM

Looks like a CreedXS it will be. I shot 2 no cams. One was smooth the other vibrated bad but that could be accessories. The draw was a steady pull but felt odd. Z2 was ok but I'm not a fan of the new grip. I did shoot a couple of Hoyt's but the hand shock was quite noticeable. The CreedXS felt a lot smoother than last years Creed. If you back of the wall at all it's gone.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:21 PM

Shoot what fits for sure, but I notice no discussion on anything bowtech - Prodigy was top of my list recently...
Old 05-22-2015, 08:13 PM

uploadfromtaptalk1432347320493.jpeg
Old 05-22-2015, 08:14 PM

I'm just joking congrats on the new bow.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:10 AM

I was at Accurate yesterday getting a new string and cables on the Centroid. I took the opportnity to shoot everything Lawrence had set up, Prime, Hoyt Mathews, also shot an Elite for the first time, what an incredible draw cycle. The no cam was by far the worst followed by the rest of the Mathews line up. I was a Mathews shooter (Z7) until I tried the Prime line-up

But if you are set on a mathews, give Lawrence a call because he is blowing out the Mathews at just above cost because he can't seem to give the things away. A mathews set up by Lawrence will be about the best you can get as far as a mathews is concerned. Mathews was Lawrence's main line for many years and he knows the product better than most.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:49 AM

I ended up buying a CreedXS. It felt the best to me but it is also closest to what I am used to. I had High hopes for the No Cam, I wanted it to be everything I was reading about but at the end of the day I was just not feeling it. Being it's first year let them work the kinks out of it. I bet next year the No Cam will be a lot shorter and improved.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I ended up buying a CreedXS. It felt the best to me but it is also closest to what I am used to. I had High hopes for the No Cam, I wanted it to be everything I was reading about but at the end of the day I was just not feeling it. Being it's first year let them work the kinks out of it. I bet next year the No Cam will be a lot shorter and improved.
Conrads on the new bow...and the good sence of picking the "Right" bow!

Neil