Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-16-2010, 10:19 AM

Default sat carson trip..

was good to see u all at carson on sat. was a nice day and the fishin was on fire...we caught well over 100 fish in our boat alone...i did get alot of vid footage and when i get a chance will put it together and post...how did u guys make out thorne??..

managed to get thruogh the smaller ones by running a #7 plug but some of them were as big as it...lol.. fisty little guys...

still find them staging off sharp drops at 25-30 ft of water...smaller one are moving in to the shallows but the big guys are sitting deep till dusk...we were the last ones on the lake and pulled the boat at 10:30pm...what a nice night...lake was like glass for the last 2 hrs...

good fishin..
rob
Old 05-16-2010, 10:34 AM

Well, I don't know if we hit the 100 fish mark in our boat or not, but we definitely had a good time out there. I think Greg had a horseshoe stashed somewhere uncomfortable, because he was pulling 'em out left and right!

Sorry for not introducing myself out there...my manners aren't always top notch I was the meathead sitting in the front of thorne's boat

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 05-16-2010, 10:35 AM

Cool Sat Trip with bearbait

It was a rough 8hr shift. Troll-Reel in fish. Cast-Reel in fish.lol
Old 05-16-2010, 05:23 PM

It wasn't a horseshoe it was a lucky rabbits foot and it was no less uncomfortable On the bright side didn't the fishing get better after me and the little guy shorten your line It was a great day on the water and a pleasure to meet two great AO Members. Also met Paul C at the boat launch and he was having good luck also.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac View Post
It wasn't a horseshoe it was a lucky rabbits foot and it was no less uncomfortable On the bright side didn't the fishing get better after me and the little guy shorten your line It was a great day on the water and a pleasure to meet two great AO Members. Also met Paul C at the boat launch and he was having good luck also.
Haha, well no worries about the line, it was a good learning experience for him I actually kinda like those ones, that way you can show them the reason you're telling them not to do something And after the problems I had with that stupid little reel, it's only going to be used for ice fishing from now on, and there's still plenty of line left on it for that, even after cutting it twice (and I lost *way* more line when I got it all tangled the first time! )

Best of all, I think it's safe to say he had a good time fishing with Dad And it was great to meet the both of you, we'll definitely have to try to get out together again

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 05-16-2010, 06:43 PM

Thumbs up Carson Lake for May 15, 2010

Here is the only photos of the two fish. Weight between 2 to 3 lbs aprox.
Large fish are still moving in the shallows. Fun ultra-lite fishin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carson1_may15_10.JPG (55.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg Carson_may15_10.JPG (91.6 KB, 126 views)
Old 05-16-2010, 07:04 PM
monster pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
Here is the only photos of the two fish. Weight between 2 to 3 lbs aprox.
Large fish are still moving in the shallows. Fun ultra-lite fishin.
nice fish would they Constitute a trophy for the books kuz i inderstand it it is a trophy lake.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:48 PM

what time u catch those one paul??
Old 05-16-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
what time u catch those one paul??
evening around supper time. The fish are so close to shore its scary.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:00 PM

yup sounds about right...nice fish by the way..
Old 05-17-2010, 06:53 PM

Question Video

Bearbait do you have video of those big fish you said you caught on saturday ?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:49 AM

where is this carson you speak of, those are some nice fish there and id like to try my luck, is it in southern alberta?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:23 AM

It's up by Whitecourt

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams