Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-29-2011, 07:48 AM

Default Speak up...i can't hear you

Always great to be shooting next to a guy with a f*^^*n brake on his Short bbl "long range" rifle....and no I couldn't shoot anywhere else, he came in after I set up.

Then he moved on to rapid fire at a charging Zombie target with his shorty AR with a brake. My son didn't even want to shoot. Actually I thought that both rapid fire and Man targets were not allowed, but the new rules and regs don't make any note of either.

On the good side, "Rifle 1" at SGGC range looks pretty good. The single entry and exit to the range from the shooting benches is a great idea. The colour coded butts and shooting positions does make sense (less cross-range fire).
Only problem I can see (or not see) here is, the benches allocated for the 300 yard targets are...ahh..well....you can't see the 300 yard butts from them. The 50 yard butt blocks them. Hmmm... looks like they may have to re-think that one.

The movable baffles in front of the shooting positions....well....doesn't make a lot of sense , but I can live with that.

All in all, great job guys (SGGC). Now lets get to work on making the range available to regular members instead of locking it up with organised, ''Special Interest Group", shoots on weekends. It is my understanding that this is going to be addressed.

Last edited by ACKLEY ABE; 08-29-2011 at 07:55 AM. Reason: SPELLING
Old 08-29-2011, 08:04 AM

Let me guess you were there on Friday. I saw a fellow mowing down Zombies like it was Halloween, trick or treat.........................what's that I can't hear you
Old 08-29-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
Let me guess you were there on Friday. I saw a fellow mowing down Zombies like it was Halloween, trick or treat.........................what's that I can't hear you
Nupe....Sunday. They musta regrouped.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM

What they regrouped.....give me an address and I'll mow down those zombies for ya! I run an short barrel with a brake....and they do suck to have close to you when shooting. It is my custom not to run the AR if their are other shooters on the bench when I arrive at the range.

If other folks arrive to shoot when I'm using a braked rifle I recommend they operate from the far left end of the bench so they don't have to get pounded with the muzzle blast or showered with brass. If more than one shooter shows up I just put the Ar back in the case and shoot either a hunting rifle or wander over too the pistol bays. Need lots of practice with all my firearms so it's not a problem for me to use a different one.

A little common courtesy is all that is required to ensure everyone has a good day at the range.