Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2017, 05:36 AM

Default diesel/jet/fuel oil demand is climbing well

https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/supply/weekly/

You should check out the year over year climbs in the diesel and jet fuel demand in north america, pretty wild. Just diesel demand alone is up 10% which is 400 000 barrels per day.

Thats more diesel than alberta currently produces. Thats like exxon mobils baytown and baton rouges's diesel output
Old 07-27-2017, 05:52 AM

from what ive read, renewables are only replacing nuclear and fossils are still growing.

More people on the earth means more fossil fuel consumption.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:27 AM

And globalism means a wealth transfer to third-world nations, giving billions more people access to motorized transport and fuel. This progress also means higher birth rates and longer life-expectancy, a demand for better living conditions, material goods etc. It all leads to more fossil-fuel consumption.

Good job, globalists. Of course, they won't dare talk about the exploding birth rates in Africa and Asia and how that will affect global demand for fuel and its accompanying pollution.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:37 AM

I'm waiting for the solar powered 747. Paper kites don't count.

Grizz
Old 07-27-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propliner View Post
And globalism means a wealth transfer to third-world nations, giving billions more people access to motorized transport and fuel. This progress also means higher birth rates and longer life-expectancy, a demand for better living conditions, material goods etc. It all leads to more fossil-fuel consumption.

Good job, globalists. Of course, they won't dare talk about the exploding birth rates in Africa and Asia and how that will affect global demand for fuel and its accompanying pollution.
And the more population grows the smaller the sardine can we live in gets, the more civil unrest, wars, environmental damage, resource extraction, special rights, racism, bigotry, pollution, genocide, terrorism, etc., will result.

Yup, they're doing a fantastic job making the world a better place.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:17 AM

well I guess it's good that Alberta is set to produce a lot more diesel once the Sturgeon refinery is up and running!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
... civil unrest, wars, environmental damage, resource extraction, special rights, racism, bigotry, pollution, genocide, terrorism, etc., will result.

Yup, they're doing a fantastic job making the world a better place.
I'm not a big solar and wind fan and there are huge holes in that story but lets not get carried away. The average person that has the hope that wind and solar will save the day are generally decent well intentioned people who are quite aware of the aforementioned issues and often times are putting their money where there mouth is. I'd dare say on average far more aware of the aforementioned issues and more likely to take action than the average pro-oil conservative business person/worker. That isn't to say they are miracle workers and I haven't heard anyone claim they were. Its not an all or nothing thing. Misplaced beliefs doesn't make them evil or useless in all regards. Resorting to things like insults and innuendo and name calling (from either side) certainly isn't going to make the world a better place or help to solve any of those problems. Everything has to start somewhere. Who's to say wind and solar research won't be the catalyst that leads to other things. Status quo isn't going to move us away from dependence on a waning and polluting resource.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
I'm not a big solar and wind fan and there are huge holes in that story but lets not get carried away. The average person that has the hope that wind and solar will save the day are generally decent well intentioned people who are quite aware of the aforementioned issues and often times are putting their money where there mouth is. I'd dare say on average far more aware of the aforementioned issues and more likely to take action than the average pro-oil conservative business person/worker. That isn't to say they are miracle workers and I haven't heard anyone claim they were. Its not an all or nothing thing. Misplaced beliefs doesn't make them evil or useless in all regards. Resorting to things like insults and innuendo and name calling (from either side) certainly isn't going to make the world a better place or help to solve any of those problems. Everything has to start somewhere. Who's to say wind and solar research won't be the catalyst that leads to other things. Status quo isn't going to move us away from dependence on a waning and polluting resource.
Hey, unless we put a cork in the population bottle, at some point the whole green energy scenario is a waste of time and effort.

Grizz
Old 07-27-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Hey, unless we put a cork in the population bottle, at some point the whole green energy scenario is a waste of time and effort.

Grizz
I don't disagree but its no reason to do nothing. I happened to think the population issue combined with rampant wasteful consumerism is the single biggest risk we face and should be getting more air time. That's only likely to happen if we continue with the "green" discussion. As more focus is put on the environment and the fact that we are stewing in our own feces the population issue is likely to get more attention. Throwing our hands in the air and saying its impossible and why bother and we're stupid for trying is
certainly not going to help anything that is for sure. At best its going to take a very very long time to fix but you have to start somewhere.

We'd be far better off getting off the CO2 fixation and talking about a slow and orderly way of decreasing the population to sustainable levels. That will help almost every issue.

Last edited by The Elkster; 07-27-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
I don't disagree but its no reason to do nothing. I happened to think the population issue combined with rampant wasteful consumerism is the single biggest risk we face and should be getting more air time. That's only likely to happen if we continue with the "green" discussion. As more focus is put on the environment and the fact that we are stewing in our own feces the population issue is likely to get more attention. Throwing our hands in the air and saying its impossible and why bother and we're stupid for trying is
certainly not going to help anything that is for sure. At best its going to take a very very long time to fix but you have to start somewhere.

We'd be far better off getting off the CO2 fixation and talking about a slow and orderly way of decreasing the population to sustainable levels. That will help almost every issue.
I agree, as the population grows and the worlds living standards and materialism increases and greedy human nature of I want this, that and everything else, the green initiative will not even begin to keep up with growing demands of burgeoning population growth. In reality the fallacy of the green movement belief of somehow maintaining a sustainable planet if we recycle, use alternative energy, etc, will become apparent as time goes by and population grows. We're trying to bail out a boat with a teaspoon when it has a 4' hole in the hull. The environmental business has become just another corporate shareholder industrial complex used to transfer wealth under the guise of doing something benevolent for the planet. People are getting rich off it, its like a charity where only 5 cents out of every dollar goes to actually doing something meaningful for the earth while the orchestrators of this scam pocket billions to buy extravagant vacation homes, yachts and private jets.

Meanwhile people give lip service but don't really want to change their habits and lifestyle. They champion this feel good environmental movement and pretend we can have our cake and eat it too. We continually ignore population growth which is what is and will greedily continue wrecking the planet. Governments won't admit it but are actively encouraging population growth in a bid to broaden and enlarge tax bases and spending budgets, corporations and industry want more consumers and larger markets.

Greed for the dollar has corrupted most meaningful environmental movement. It has become just another for profit growth industry.

Eventually we are in for a rude awakening if this continues.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:49 PM

German taxes spend $26 billion in 2016 alone on green power however they still can't meet their emission targets.

Canada produces less CO2 than Germany and there is no way on earth we can sustain that spending for as long as Germany.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 07-27-2017, 09:21 PM

I think the increase in diesel usage is positive, same with jet fuel. Most refieries seem to make more gasoline than diesel so you have to refine more oil to get more diesel which naturally means more gasoline for people to burn

The key part being more oil will be needed to make more diesel and cheaper gasoline means more demand hopefully.

The problem with the glut in oil is that it spilled over into fuel and now it kinda seems there may be some rays of hope.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:33 PM

There are many depressed Canadian oil stocks. Plenty of money to be made when oil rises.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:05 AM

One advantage of our oilsands is the heavier feedstock produces more diesel and jet fuel rather than gas. Thus more commercial fuel to deliver food and goodies to the masses.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
I agree, as the population grows and the worlds living standards and materialism increases and greedy human nature of I want this, that and everything else, the green initiative will not even begin to keep up with growing demands of burgeoning population growth. In reality the fallacy of the green movement belief of somehow maintaining a sustainable planet if we recycle, use alternative energy, etc, will become apparent as time goes by and population grows. We're trying to bail out a boat with a teaspoon when it has a 4' hole in the hull. The environmental business has become just another corporate shareholder industrial complex used to transfer wealth under the guise of doing something benevolent for the planet. People are getting rich off it, its like a charity where only 5 cents out of every dollar goes to actually doing something meaningful for the earth while the orchestrators of this scam pocket billions to buy extravagant vacation homes, yachts and private jets.

Meanwhile people give lip service but don't really want to change their habits and lifestyle. They champion this feel good environmental movement and pretend we can have our cake and eat it too. We continually ignore population growth which is what is and will greedily continue wrecking the planet. Governments won't admit it but are actively encouraging population growth in a bid to broaden and enlarge tax bases and spending budgets, corporations and industry want more consumers and larger markets.

Greed for the dollar has corrupted most meaningful environmental movement. It has become just another for profit growth industry.

Eventually we are in for a rude awakening if this continues.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gXZeq9eXAys

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WFn1WEaYY3A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qzdoIzEjhN8

Or maybe this could be the answer?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JscQXDsSgco