Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post
Early 40's look early 30's, 6'3" 225 lbs ripped, shaved head no tattoos, incredible frigg off vibe so I've been told.
I'm thinking you have inches confused with centimeters, lbs confused with kg's, and IQ confused with circumference. Maybe time for a new tape measure. You do sound awfully dreamy though.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Ahhh 6 weeks came early.
You'll never make a fisherman, no patience, you tossed the bait promising a 6 week troll, you couldn't handle it, 3 days and your already back to check the bait. Your like a spinny poodle that has to return every five minutes to sniff it's turds. Yes, I know it's the best you can do with what you have to work with but you might as well give up fishing and go play with your fidget spinner.....
Old 07-27-2017, 09:59 PM

Wow tough crowd.
Can just feel the compassion for a guy having a rough go.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-27-2017, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ahhh 6 weeks came early.

If the above butthurts you, I suspect you may not be entirely happy with what you see when you look in the mirror.

I didn't like what I saw in the mirror so I changed it. Now I love what I see and I offer no apologies for the hard work, sacrifices, focus and commitment that I put into it and I have zero sympathy or regard for those who perceive it as arrogance.

And I already have a 17 year old daughter. But she's a Trudeau fangirl so, yeah, *big sigh... I failed as a parent. (although she is starting to slowly wake up... hopefully I can turn her by 2019!)

And please learn grammar/spelling, it's so embarrassing how so many of us Conservatives are so illiterate.
Funny how you'll put the hard work and commitment into being a better person on the outside but fail to put an ounce of effort into the guy inside. I wouldn't help someone like you catch a fish if a cash reward was being offered. Have fun blast fishing.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Wow tough crowd.
He is using barbed hooks.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
What!? How dare you! I was making a toque!

I SNAP, lose it! I head fake him with the needles and the knitwit goes for it. Upper cut to the turtle neck, flurry to the solar plexus. He`s lying on the floor staring into my knitting bag like he wants to go in, curl up and die. I says `How`s that pal? Is that how's the scarf coming enough for you?' And ever since he's been the champ.

I can't believe no one commented on this. It's friggin hilarious!!
Old 07-28-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Ahhh 6 weeks came early.

If the above butthurts you, I suspect you may not be entirely happy with what you see when you look in the mirror.

I didn't like what I saw in the mirror so I changed it. Now I love what I see and I offer no apologies for the hard work, sacrifices, focus and commitment that I put into it and I have zero sympathy or regard for those who perceive it as arrogance.

And I already have a 17 year old daughter. But she's a Trudeau fangirl so, yeah, *big sigh... I failed as a parent. (although she is starting to slowly wake up... hopefully I can turn her by 2019!)

And please learn grammar/spelling, it's so embarrassing how so many of us Conservatives are so illiterate.

How did you get that I am not happy when I look in the mirror from my response? No butthurt here! Sorry to here about your daughter lol, but she's young so there's still time she will come around!
PS went out fishing last night and was skunked had one small bite. But for me catching a fish is an added bonus, more to fishing then just pulling fish out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Wow tough crowd.

Tough crowd is needed on guy like that, some guys just can't be helped and he's one. I can't make my mind up if he is a 225# tough guy with white sunglasses, or a skinny geek sitting in his room trolling?

Old 07-28-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Wow tough crowd.
You gotta be cruel to be kind. Sometimes it's the only way to get someone to realize it's not the wall they're beating their head against that causes their headache.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsledder View Post
Tough crowd is needed on guy like that, some guys just can't be helped and he's one. I can't make my mind up if he is a 225# tough guy with white sunglasses, or a skinny geek sitting in his room trolling?

Well I ain't a tough guy, that's for sure I don't keep fit to be a tough guy I keep fit to keep fit. It's one aspect of life that is surprisingly easy to control.

White sunglasses... yeah swilling Kokanees with a backwards hat and a goatee and I drive a Dodge Hemi with Tapout stickers on it too *facepalm

I know this is pathetic... I am very very aware but oh well.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Well I ain't a tough guy, that's for sure I don't keep fit to be a tough guy I keep fit to keep fit. It's one aspect of life that is surprisingly easy to control.

White sunglasses... yeah swilling Kokanees with a backwards hat and a goatee and I drive a Dodge Hemi with Tapout stickers on it too *facepalm

Kokanee?!?! That's why your angry! You got a bad taste in your mouth all the time lol. Good to see you have a since of humour about it. Keep at the fishing it will come one day!

Old 07-28-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Ah - that explains everything. Make sure you get your mirrors fully deployed out the side as far as you can so you can keep an eye on your invisible phantom trailer. And remember, every intersection when the light goes green is a drag race and an opportunity to show everybody how masculine and powerful your hemi is.

Don't forget the metal mulisha stuff like the black aftermarket wheels (get 20's because it's clearly for show and not for the bush) just so you don't start looking too legit AND get a couple of those skull/german army helmet stickers too. They are scary.

A mopar sticker would also complete the look nicely OR you could go all out and complete the look with a tough guy dog (spiked collar) and a couple tatted sleeves.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:40 AM
Banned

Guess the *facepalm didn't trip any sarcasm sensors lpl

I'll consider clearing everything up soon as I catch something bigger than 20".

Could be a while haha
Old 07-28-2017, 10:03 AM

Spend some time researching the fish and habitat that you are targeting, learn what there needs are and where they like to hang out and you will see great improvements while your out. I stress this with my customers when ever they come in to my store, especially for young anglers. Too many people just want to throw a hook and in the water and think they will catch fish, you may catch a few fluky ones but with out putting in the time and gathering the knowledge you will never find the success you are looking for.

SUN TZU
Old 07-28-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Ah - that explains everything. Make sure you get your mirrors fully deployed out the side as far as you can so you can keep an eye on your invisible phantom trailer. And remember, every intersection when the light goes green is a drag race and an opportunity to show everybody how masculine and powerful your hemi is.

Don't forget the metal mulisha stuff like the black aftermarket wheels (get 20's because it's clearly for show and not for the bush) just so you don't start looking too legit AND get a couple of those skull/german army helmet stickers too. They are scary.

A mopar sticker would also complete the look nicely OR you could go all out and complete the look with a tough guy dog (spiked collar) and a couple tatted sleeves.

Just to clear things up the skull/German helmet sticker is metal molisha.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
You gotta be cruel to be kind. Sometimes it's the only way to get someone to realize it's not the wall they're beating their head against that causes their headache.
a little blood in the water and all the snarks are hunting

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-28-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
a little blood in the water and all the snarks are hunting
Old 07-28-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDderAngler View Post
I can't believe no one commented on this. It's friggin hilarious!!
Yeah, these Calgarians will not get it but seemed appropriate for the situation
Old 07-28-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Yeah, these Calgarians will not get it but seemed appropriate for the situation
Naw, we got the "Champ" reference. But if you are going to do the Champ you have to base it off a comment that he misunderstands as a sexual reference, usually involving Mrs. Champ.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Naw, we got the "Champ" reference. But if you are going to do the Champ you have to base it off a comment that he misunderstands as a sexual reference, usually involving Mrs. Champ.
True, true. How about this:

“Hey Patriot1, I hear you are quite the knitter. When do you plan on learning the ***goting technique?”

I says “Pardon?”. I SNAP, lost it! I head fake him with the skein and the knitwit goes for it. Upper cut to the turtleneck, flurry to the solar plexus. He’s lying on the floor admiring my crochet. I says “How`s that pal? Is that when do you plan on learning the ***goting technique enough for you?” And ever since he's been the champ.

Looks like it edits the word out which is fine. But it is an official knitting technique. Here is the link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_...rics#***goting

Old 07-28-2017, 01:52 PM

Ok Folks your not helping him feel better about himself. I think after all these posts he gets the idea he has to change his demeanor towards other people and then he will feel better about himself.
Thread closed.