Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-23-2018, 05:50 PM

They're a different color phase of walleye because of the structure in the lake they figure they turn green and yes you can catch lots of them

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2018, 06:51 PM
Banned

If you head out to Grand Rapids when they are biting. Easily a couple guys could boat a few hundred in a couple days.
Some Americans come up bear hunting in spring from where I am from can throw on a dare devil spoon and stand at a mouth of a creek and catch a pike almost every cast.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
They're a different color phase of walleye because of the structure in the lake they figure they turn green and yes you can catch lots of them

No it’s not the structure ! It’s all the chemicals and sewage from Alberta and Saskatchewan that flow into the lake. Mmmm ! JK.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:30 PM

Yes no denying it, there is a lot of great water to fish back east where you can catch Giants of many species. Those giant Walleyes in the Peg are really something! That’s a giant lake that’s very shallow for its size with a ton of forage fish available for them to chew on. I’d be ordering up a replica mount of one of those big sluggers. They are very impressive how big and fuggly they get there. Gotta love this great country we call home, awesome fishing opportunities like that sea to shining sea and everywhere in between!
Old 01-23-2018, 08:30 PM

Sincerely apologize for making it seem like I was ****ting on AB in this thread. AB is great and I love living here. I'm just super passionate about Manitoba and it's fishing opportunities specifically. It's probably the thing I care most about in life. I have a water front cottage on Lake Winnipeg and was born and raised in the heart of Canadian Shield country, where fishing is better than just about anywhere in the world. I'm insanely passionate about promoting it.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
No it’s not the structure ! It’s all the chemicals and sewage from Alberta and Saskatchewan that flow into the lake. Mmmm ! JK.
I'd say you're wrong I believe it's all the limestone in the northern part of the lake where they spend their Summers but what do the biologists know

Old 01-23-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
Sincerely apologize for making it seem like I was ****ting on AB in this thread. AB is great and I love living here. I'm just super passionate about Manitoba and it's fishing opportunities specifically. It's probably the thing I care most about in life. I have a water front cottage on Lake Winnipeg and was born and raised in the heart of Canadian Shield country, where fishing is better than just about anywhere in the world. I'm insanely passionate about promoting it.
All good. That place is amazing for any kind of fishing. I need to do some ice fishing there in a future year. Maybe a perch trip
Old 01-25-2018, 02:27 PM

Nice catch. I have family in Winnipeg Beach that are commercial fisherman and those Walleye's taste superb. The best is the 1 pound bag of cheeks that you can buy. Amazing fishery they have there.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:30 PM
Banned

And on Lake Winnipeg we sometimes get big #33 on the ice fishing with us.
When we here a chopper flying over head most people say Buff must be out ice fishing today.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:04 PM

Well, one time he did that, anyhow.... With Todd Longley and his brother, who pilots chopper, and the crew from Hooked Magazine (Don Lamont and Kevin Stobbe). They went up to Lake Dauphin...
Old 01-26-2018, 02:21 PM
Banned

I was sent some of those pictures from that event Sticky took.
Funny one of a guy with Buff laying across his shoulders doing squats.