Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-02-2011, 03:52 PM

Default Question about access to Langdon Reservior

I've read in a few places on this forum that a good spot to fish on Langdon Reservoir is just off of the canal on the east side, and to walk in on the canal to access it. I drove by there this afternoon, and noticed closed two gates on either side of the canal. One gate has a sign on it that says no parking, 24 access, and the other gate has a no trespassing sign on it. I did not enter through here, and am assuming that there is no longer access through the gates, but am wondering if anyone knows for sure.

I am really new to fishing, I'm trying to find an activity to keep myself and my sons busy this summer, and this lake is really close. We've tried fishing off shore just off of 22x, and had no luck at all, and patience is wearing thin, lol. If there is a better spot out there, we'd really like to give it a try.

Thanks for any help!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:02 PM

Smile Wid

The canal is owned by WID which has a very large board and many members. The parking in the way of the family near the gate. I won't identify them but Albert is very nice and has children and is a dotting father. If you ask permission to walk past his house he may say yes. This is at the south end of what is properly called "Weed Lake" Walking along the edge of the canal should be no problem.

Remember what I said about parking in people's way that is what gets the blood pressure up! In the old days we just left the keys in the car if we were in doubt. Not any more.

Glad you are taking the kids, more people should try it.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:16 PM

Densa I think they mean the Langdon Resevoir south of Langdon with access off 22X to my knowledge there is not much in the way of fish in Weed lake.
Rob
Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 PM

The no parking should be at the road on the south side of the canal and that relates to blocking the access for WID. The north side is private. As long as you don't block WID you can park and walk in their road. At least that's what we do and have had no issues.

Weed lake is between Langdon and hwy 1, a few miles north and west of Langdon reservoir. Different bodies of water and not directly connected.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Banned

Theres a public road allowence on the north end that takes you right up to the lake may be a bit tough in wet weather tho .
Old 06-03-2011, 06:20 AM

Default North

One of the drivers at work was telling me he was at the north end of the reservoir the other day and and caught a couple of dozen pike. He said most were smaller variety but a few in the 5-6 lb range. He was fly fishing and said it was a good time. His first time there and said he followed the roads off Google
and had no problem finding north end access.