Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-23-2018, 07:10 PM

Default Ghost Reservoir tips?

Anyone got any tips for Ghost? Every time I go out I get skunked, and throw everything at em! Jigs, spoons, wire worms, and real worms on the tip-up. Tried different locations but no luck. Any help would be appreciated to get me on at least one fish haha!
Old 01-23-2018, 07:12 PM

caught a nice burbot there near where the old church was on an airplane jig and a smelt , had some lakers on but never landed a good one . Sorry all I can offer . This was at least 20 years ago lol
Old 01-23-2018, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeMonkey View Post
Anyone got any tips for Ghost? Every time I go out I get skunked, and throw everything at em! Jigs, spoons, wire worms, and real worms on the tip-up. Tried different locations but no luck. Any help would be appreciated to get me on at least one fish haha!
Load up your truck with all the gear, assortment of bait for several different species of fish, pack a good lunch and drive to any other lake than that one, i gave up on it years ago, never did catch a fish there
Old 01-24-2018, 06:00 PM

fish before sun up until 10 am then leave ,early, early morning bite for lake trout
Old 01-25-2018, 11:28 AM

that lake is a dog's breakfast and can be challenging. I have fished it for over 30 years and its a tough one. you don't fish ghost lake for the fish, you fish it cause the view is spectacular!!!! more about fun than fishing and if you catch a fish or two its a bonus!
Old 01-25-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Load up your truck with all the gear, assortment of bait for several different species of fish, pack a good lunch and drive to any other lake than that one, i gave up on it years ago, never did catch a fish there
x2 Me too ! lol

Orv
Old 01-27-2018, 06:08 AM

It took me a solid 2-3 years to figure out where to fish on that lake. It was frustrating to say the least. I'm pretty confident that I can fish Ghost as well as I can most other lakes in Alberta.

Be persistent, move around lots until you start seeing fish, and get a camera and/or flasher.