Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-12-2011, 12:20 AM

Default Hell's gate pontoon boat?

Does anyone know who the maker of the hell's gate pontoon is?

My wife picked one up for me tonight but it is missing the middle part of the frame and the removable gear bags. I am wondering what it will cost to replace them.

I can't find to much information on the net so far about this toon but it looks heavy duty and seems to be really good.

If it is going to cost too much to buy a new piece for the frame then I might just get my buddy to weld me up a new piece for the middle and call it good.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Banned

Fab somthing up... Out of wood.

Maybe,
No clue.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:30 AM

It will need to be a really solid piece. It holds the entire boat together and has the seat mounted to it. It will have to be made of some sort of metal. I was kind of thinking about getting my buddy to see if he can get a hold of some aluminum tubing that will fit it and weld the 4 pieces together that I need.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:20 AM

Just found out that the hell's gate thing is a brewing company in BC and they gave these pontoons out as prizes. I have emailed them to find out who made the pontoons so I can try to track down some of the parts that are missing and find out what it will cost me.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:24 AM

check this place out http://www.classicaccessories.com/su...ory.aspx?id=20

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 10-12-2011, 07:32 AM

It's a bit hard to give any help when the manufacturer is unknown.

Have you tried comparing what you have to all the ones being sold online?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee9 View Post
It's a bit hard to give any help when the manufacturer is unknown.

Have you tried comparing what you have to all the ones being sold online?
Ya I looked online at every manufacturer that I could think of or find and its tough to tell because alot of the set ups look kind of similar these days. The pontoons are a very heavy thick pvc that is bright orange with a grey bottom. I think they are 7 or 8 feet long. I haven't had the chance to fully inflate them yet but will do so this afternoon.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Ya I checked there to Wayne. This one seems to be quite a bit better then those classic accessories ones. I was really surprised at the quality that this one is.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:11 AM

Well I decided I wanted to get this pontoon fixed up enough to use it before my november 7th surgery so I made the frame pieces out of some pipe that I had laying around. It turned out pretty good and am hoping to have it out this weekend.

Fixing it up has gotten me into the mind set that I will modify it a ton over the winter.

I am thinking about adding a platform that cover most of the frame with a raisable seat on it. This would mean that I can stand up or sit higher up while fishing to get a better cast with the fly rod.

I am also looking at ways to add a motor mount, a storage box, a gear bag for the back of the seat, a few rod holders, and some oar rests. I will also be looking at adding an anchor set up so I can sit in one spot and pick fish off.

I am thinking that this toon could turn into quite the little project this winter and could be a fun little boat next season.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:43 AM

Pics????
Old 10-21-2011, 06:06 AM

Pic's would be nice. Is it steel or aluminum frame. Your going to enjoy it for sure. I noticed you never mentioned a sail. LOL. Rick.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:20 PM

No sails for this guy.

I will try to get some pics of it soon.

It is some aluminum pipe that I had laying around for a chain link fence that was rolled up behind my garage. I just cut the pieces to length and bolted it all together, Mounted the seat and swivel base and have to patch up a pin hole in the one bladder.

Over the winter I will get more detailed with modifications and add all the other stuff I am thinking about. I am trying to decide if I should make a set up for a removable sonar set up for lake fishing.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
No sails for this guy.

I will try to get some pics of it soon.

It is some aluminum pipe that I had laying around for a chain link fence that was rolled up behind my garage. I just cut the pieces to length and bolted it all together, Mounted the seat and swivel base and have to patch up a pin hole in the one bladder.

Over the winter I will get more detailed with modifications and add all the other stuff I am thinking about. I am trying to decide if I should make a set up for a removable sonar set up for lake fishing.
Come on McIver, dental floss, a ball point pen and some paper clips and hit the river - done! Oh but don't forget the fishing gear.