Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-18-2023, 08:27 AM

Default EPS jumps on turds anti-gun wagon

‘They have also declined to say what kind of gun was used, or how a teen had ended up with a firearm at all — “certainly, there’s just way too many guns in our city right now,” Devin Laforce, deputy chief of the EPS Investigations Bureau, told media.’

https://apple.news/ALE_vrhXeQqWXxOPVEiWgbA

Yeah, screw you Devin, you grave dancing communist.

What happened is tragic, but the actions of one unstable teen do not have anything to do with “the number of guns” or firearms owners as a group.

I think EPS should look in their own house at all the misconduct cases and clean that up for at least a decade before commenting on anyone else
Old 03-18-2023, 08:38 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Come on let the investigation play out, I heard the interviews and the media ask a million ridiculous questions and then the spin offs are whatever you make of it.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-18-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
‘They have also declined to say what kind of gun was used, or how a teen had ended up with a firearm at all — “certainly, there’s just way too many guns in our city right now,” Devin Laforce, deputy chief of the EPS Investigations Bureau, told media.’

What happened is tragic, but the actions of one unstable teen do not have anything to do with “the number of guns” or firearms owners as a group.

I think EPS should look in their own house at all the misconduct cases and clean that up for at least a decade before commenting on anyone else
He is not wrong but could have said "illegal guns". There has been an increase in shootings, hard to argue that. I don't see anywhere where he "Jumped on the Turds anti gun wagon".
Old 03-18-2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
He is not wrong but could have said "illegal guns". There has been an increase in shootings, hard to argue that. I don't see anywhere where he "Jumped on the Turds anti gun wagon".
…too many guns…

How many times have we heard that from turd/jughead/toronto?

A Deputy chief knows how to speak properly and accurately, he said what he said. He’s blaming guns and not the criminal pulling the trigger.

The increase in shootings has NOTHING to do with the number of guns and everything to do with our revolving door legal industry and lefty policies
Old 03-18-2023, 10:31 AM

One of the super sleuths on CGN froze and sharpened the image of the Pizza hut shooting the gun was a Keltic 2000 how the teen got it remains a mystery?
Old 03-18-2023, 10:57 AM

He could have easily specified "illegal firearms", but he didn't, so regardless of what he meant, he played right to the anti firearms agenda. And Trudeau and the other anti firearms extremists, will not likely miss the opportunity, to use this incident , and those comments, to pursue their agenda.
The issue is the out of control crime, which for the most part, is due to the broken ,catch and release legal system. And there was also mention of mental health issues in the media reports, which has also been a factor in many other similar situations.
Old 03-18-2023, 11:32 AM

I fully expect more of these kind of incidents unfortunately. The economy is going to get worse, people are going to get more desperate, and society in general is sliding downhill in so many ways.
Old 03-18-2023, 11:43 AM

It isnt easy to articulate every key word when you have been traumatized by having 2 coworkers murdered.

He was speaking at the time, not 2 months down the road like most armchair quarterbacks who are distanced from the event.

It was a raw, immediate statement from a human.

Zero doubt in my mind that he was referring to too many guns in the hands of criminals and unstable people. That is obvious since stable, law abiding gun owners do not repeatedly shoot police officers and their mothers.

Id give Dev a pass on that one since I just left the police station and there were tears in the eyes of everyone I talked to. It's an extremely raw time and will be for quite a while.

In addition to this, we also had a 52 year old well respected policeman die of a heart attack and the funeral is today....fit, talented man who didnt know of his heart condition.......lots going on at EPS....everyone shocked at Pat's death, then 2 young cops get murdered...

We were talking in the parking lot across the street from Cst Daniel Woodall school, looking over there and realizing we STILL dont know how to react to such tragedies.......

Dev had to get up there and talk about 2 dead kids he knew in front of cameras, meanwhile still coping with the sudden death of a friend...he didnt volunteer for that task. He did it because he felt he could, removing that burden from his team. It was the best he could do at the time.

Last edited by huntinstuff; 03-18-2023 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-18-2023, 11:59 AM

This ^^^^. 100%

A very difficult and raw time to be asked to step forward.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
It isnt easy to articulate every key word when you have been traumatized by having 2 coworkers murdered.

He was speaking at the time, not 2 months down the road like most armchair quarterbacks who are distanced from the event.

Zero doubt in my mind that he was referring to too many guns in the hands of criminals and unstable people. That is obvious since stable, law abiding gun owners do not repeatedly shoot police officers and their mothers.

Id give Dev a pass on that one since I just left the police station and there were tears in the eyes of everyone I talked to. It's an extremely raw time and will be for quite a while.

In addition to this, we also had a 52 year old well respected policeman die of a heart attack and the funeral is today....fit, talented man who didnt know of his heart condition.......lots going on at EPS....everyone shocked at Pat's death, then 2 young cops get murdered...

We were talking in the parking lot across the street from Cst Daniel Woodall school, looking over there and realizing we STILL dont know how to react to such tragedies.......

Dev had to get up there and talk about 2 dead kids he knew in front of cameras, meanwhile still coping with the sudden death of a friend...he didnt volunteer for that task. He did it because he felt he could, removing that burden from his team. It was the best he could do at the time.
Well said Randy.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:26 PM

Default Been

Quote:

Certainly agree with you on this one, R. Questions from all directions and thinking on ones feet in stressful situations can lead to questionable comments. Some of the media guys lead you in deliberately to make it more newsworthy. Been there and it ain't fun.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:28 PM

Exactly this.... thank-you
Old 03-18-2023, 12:30 PM

You nailed it Randy. It certainly isn't time to Rage Farm over a misperception about how something was worded. Condolences my friend.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-18-2023, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
You nailed it Randy. It certainly isn't time to Rage Farm over a misperception about how something was worded. Condolences my friend.
Yes
Im not defending Dev but I dont think everyone knew what was going on and just wanted to give some first hand information in regards to what the guys and gals are dealing with here.

2 months down the road maybe even I would be thinking "hey that could have been better stated", but that isnt the case here
Old 03-18-2023, 12:57 PM

Huntinstuff: You aren’t the only one with relevant experience here. Never had one day off or any “passes” for getting out of line, no matter who dies, or how much blood has to be washed off. So don’t talk to me about the burden or pressure he’s under working a desk. If he couldn’t handle it as you suggest, “no comment”, mouth closed, end of story. If you’re in there, get ahold of whoever controls the mouth pieces and have a serious chat. No forgiveness for any anti gun LEO is forthcoming

I don’t think for one second that’s the truth though. They just needed the right opportunity to push turd/sohi’s agenda.
Old 03-18-2023, 01:18 PM

I don't know Deputy Laforce, or anything about him, so I won't claim to know what he meant. I'm sure it'll come out one day.

What I do know, is that the left will jump all over his wording, however he meant it, to use against legal gun owners.
That is the disgusting part. They will let no tragedy go to waste.
For now, I'll take Randy's word for it.
Old 03-18-2023, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Huntinstuff: You aren’t the only one with relevant experience here. Never had one day off or any “passes” for getting out of line, no matter who dies, or how much blood has to be washed off. So don’t talk to me about the burden or pressure he’s under working a desk. If he couldn’t handle it as you suggest, “no comment”, mouth closed, end of story. If you’re in there, get ahold of whoever controls the mouth pieces and have a serious chat. No forgiveness for any anti gun LEO is forthcoming

I don’t think for one second that’s the truth though. They just needed the right opportunity to push turd/sohi’s agenda.
Never said I was.

Just relaying whats going on here. I get your point.
Old 03-18-2023, 01:57 PM

Quote:

You do realize that you could be accused of grave dancing too, all for the purpose of furthering a cause.

I bet the regs here on this forum who find your statements in bad taste will give you a wider berth than you did that cop.

I am not crazy of the verbiage either, but holy hell man. Show a little more class. For many, many officers, this may be the worst day of their working lives, which is likely a helluva lot worse than most of ours.
Old 03-18-2023, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
You do realize that you could be accused of grave dancing too, all for the purpose of furthering a cause.

I bet the regs here on this forum who find your statements in bad taste will give you a wider berth than you did that cop.

I am not crazy of the verbiage either, but holy hell man. Show a little more class. For many, many officers, this may be the worst day of their working lives, which is likely a helluva lot worse than most of ours.
well said
Old 03-18-2023, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
One of the super sleuths on CGN froze and sharpened the image of the Pizza hut shooting the gun was a Keltic 2000 how the teen got it remains a mystery?
Apparently only 300 m from the police shooting, which begs the question, is there a connection ?

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-18-2023, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Apparently only 300 m from the police shooting, which begs the question, is there a connection ?

Grizz
Maybe so. Maybe not.

I personally will not speculate anything at this time. The EPS Chief has stated that the facts will be reported once known.

The media will spin this thing for quite awhile, along with the politicians.

So I will sit back and wait for the reliable information to come forward...
Old 03-18-2023, 07:14 PM

Quote:

A voice of reason.

BW
Old 03-18-2023, 07:15 PM

Quote:

Absolutely agree.

BW
Old 03-18-2023, 07:47 PM

Default Talking to a Anti Law Enforcement person is like talking to a Liberal

Did not take long for the anti-police people here (this site seems to have quite a few) to start jumping on things.

Two young men are dead through no fault of their own aside from going to work that night.

Jumping on a statement made by a man who has likely had the worst few days of his life ( Devin LaForce ) because you feel he is "grave dancing" is simply sad and misguided.

EPS has lost 3 members this week. 2 were murdered by a criminal with a gun. There will be funerals for 3 EPS members in 8 days by next Saturday.

Cut the guy a little slack please.

I have not heard a single EPS person in the media or otherwise come out as anything but anti-crime. No support for C-21. No support for the OICs.

I have heard them come out against both of those issues clearly as valueless in the context of reducing gun crime.

Imagine the feeling being the commander ( person responsible for ) sending boys and girls out to work where they may be killed?

A little latitude is in order.
Old 03-19-2023, 07:43 AM

moving forward how can officers be better protected
There has to be a way that officers can be more prepared for the unexpected
If domestic disputes are a problem then maybe a swat team approcach being ready for the worst even before you exit the vehicle
Old 03-19-2023, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
moving forward how can officers be better protected
There has to be a way that officers can be more prepared for the unexpected
If domestic disputes are a problem then maybe a swat team approcach being ready for the worst even before you exit the vehicle
It won't help that the Edmonton council want's to freeze or reduce the police budget.
Old 03-19-2023, 08:20 AM

less traffic cops , more heavy handed drug enforcement . thats the best way to deal with this kind of thing. id bet that kid was tweeted half out of his mind , watched my own kid act like that from drugs before he died . cops caught him twice and sent him home with me , even after i begged them to throw him in a cell for awhile. kids in school and not cracked out dont need or want illegal guns , or to really shoot anyone .
Old 03-21-2023, 11:09 AM

Quote:

he is showing all the " Class" he has.........