Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 03-20-2023, 08:58 AM

Default The Itch

Anyone getting the itch? Probably a dumb question

This year I booked several week long camping excursions in Jasper. I plan to "work from RV" during the day and fish the hatches in the evening. Timed the bookings around the hatch times which have have luckily been predictable most years. Either way a win!

Also finally make the plunge on a 48V electric. Took a good look at Torqeedo and other competitors. Really wanted something simple and beyond easy and landed nicely on this:
https://www.epropulsion.com/spirit-evo/
I cannot wait to see how it pushes my 12 foot lund around.
Should be interesting on Maligne this year.

Looking forwards to open water!
Old 03-21-2023, 05:36 PM

Sweet looking motor! I'll be watching for you this summer on Maligne! Just tuning up my trailer lights today.
Old 03-21-2023, 06:12 PM

I thought at first you meant "the itch" that you get from a scuzzy lake lol. I definitely have the itch that you are talking about. All I have been thinking about the last few weeks is upgrades I can do to my jon boat, tying flies, and planning camping/fishing trips. The wife and I also booked a couple of week-long Jasper RV trips this summer, so looking forward to towing the jon boat out to the parks again too. I just picked up a 20 hp Tohatsu a couple of weeks ago to upgrade from my 9.9 Honda for the pike/walleye and bigger trout lakes too! Can't wait!
Old 03-22-2023, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Salmon View Post
I thought at first you meant "the itch" that you get from a scuzzy lake lol.

Thanks guys. Yes, looking forwards to a great open water season.
Old 03-31-2023, 05:36 PM

Default You will LOVE the Epropulsion! As I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Anyone getting the itch? Probably a dumb question

This year I booked several week long camping excursions in Jasper. I plan to "work from RV" during the day and fish the hatches in the evening. Timed the bookings around the hatch times which have have luckily been predictable most years. Either way a win!

Also finally make the plunge on a 48V electric. Took a good look at Torqeedo and other competitors. Really wanted something simple and beyond easy and landed nicely on this:
https://www.epropulsion.com/spirit-evo/
I cannot wait to see how it pushes my 12 foot lund around.
Should be interesting on Maligne this year.

Looking forwards to open water!
Did you get yours in Alberta? Or did you go with Western Canoe & Kayak in Vancouver? (That's what we did...no dealer last year in AB...)

You will really love the Epropulsion pushing your 12 foot Lund. It did great on our 14 foot Marlon. But...we're glad (father and I) we splurged and got the E40 spare battery in addition to the floating battery that comes with it. Made it to the narrows and back, about ~26km round trip in one day on the integrated battery plus the spare. That was in combination of trolling, high speed flat out, and anchoring.

It is a truly awesome little motor!

Old 03-31-2023, 09:15 PM

Nice!!

Yes, Western Canoe and Kayak. Had it here in 2 days from phone call. Kind of shocked me actually.

Looked hard at the e40 but went with a spare on board detachable. e40 is still an option depending what I find with my own boat.

Love the pics! Thanks for that.