Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2023, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Right. Because there were no floods or fires or tornados or hurricanes or snow storms or drought or any bad things before Climate Change terror.

Other then all that stuff that happened before Climate Cultists realized there was a lot of money that could be made off scaring people.

You go ahead and worship at that Altar of Existential Terror if you want. But it is a complete scam.
Well boys, it looks like we got us a real liberal that time! Next thing he will be praising The Turd for doing such a great job!
Old 03-21-2023, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Right. Because there were no floods or fires or tornados or hurricanes or snow storms or drought or any bad things before Climate Change terror.

Other then all that stuff that happened before Climate Cultists realized there was a lot of money that could be made off scaring people.

You go ahead and worship at that Altar of Existential Terror if you want. But it is a complete scam.
Yep, I agree with that.

All previous "predictions" from people that made millions "predicting", were, of course wrong with the doom date.

On a side note...Obama sure got a nice ocean front mansion that he purchased while Gore was spewing his guts.

How about we start concentrating on the countries that are really polluting this Earth...Oh wait....there is no money into that...my bad...forget about what I said...
Old 03-21-2023, 06:45 PM

There's a lot of bourgeoisie fart sniffing going on these days that will not be judged well by history. That is an... Inconvenient Truth.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strait Shooter View Post
How soon we forget, the flooding from one storm in late 2021 that wiped out the highway system in the BC interior had an estimated cost of $9 Billion. That was pretty ******* real to those affected. You might also choose to forget the time Fort Mac almost burnt to the ground.
Funny how that happens when you build on a flood plain. The entire lower Fraser Valley is a flood plain. Just wait until one of those one in a thousand years floods come along and flush the entire valley out to sea. Add in a hundred and fifty years of forest fire suppression and wonder why a hundred and fifty years of built up tinder and kindling turns into a firestorm.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:47 PM

Same as Winnipeg. Flood plains aren't good places to build, generally. When they flood, which they invariably do, it isn't a cataclysm. It's bad planning.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-21-2023, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtin Albertin View Post
There's a lot of bourgeoisie fart sniffing going on these days that will not be judged well by history. That is an... Inconvenient Truth.
Can you clarify what you are saying please? I’m not sure where you are directing this comment.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtin Albertin View Post
?
Old 03-21-2023, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Same as Winnipeg. Flood plains aren't good places to build, generally. When they flood, which they invariably do, it isn't a cataclysm. It's bad planning.
Constant pressure to build where we shouldn't, California' s water shortage is largely self inflicted, poor forest management and urban planning has exacerbated the fire hazard. High River, I wonder why they call it that ?

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-21-2023, 09:00 PM

This is a good read on the fossil fuel side. Inspiring but scary. $950 M to two legal funds to fight fossil fuels. The CBC profiling a grade 4 teacher who is putting her beliefs on teaching kids on fossil fuels and climate change, the massive reduction in graduates from petroleum engineering schools.

https://boereport.com/2023/03/21/col...us-and-needed/

Really tough times with energy shortages will happen and then perhaps there will be a move away from fear mongering to centre ground on innovation. Solar and wind are not innovation to get to the milestones the activist desire. Putting their collective heads in the sand over India and China is not helping either.
Old 03-22-2023, 09:16 AM

First off, let me preface this post by saying that I support immigration, especially of skilled workers and their families, and have no ill will to any cultures. This is not racism.

However, the largest hypocrisy that shows the government doesn't care about climate change, is the amount of immigrants we bring in, especially economic refugees. If we are one of the highest per capita emitters, as our federal government reminds us continually, why are we bringing people in from the lowest emitting countries, and putting them in apartments/homes, and on public transit, and in synthetic winter coats and other material heavy clothing? As others have said, follow the money.
Old 03-22-2023, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan15 View Post
First off, let me preface this post by saying that I support immigration, especially of skilled workers and their families, and have no ill will to any cultures. This is not racism.

However, the largest hypocrisy that shows the government doesn't care about climate change, is the amount of immigrants we bring in, especially economic refugees. If we are one of the highest per capita emitters, as our federal government reminds us continually, why are we bringing people in from the lowest emitting countries, and putting them in apartments/homes, and on public transit, and in synthetic winter coats and other material heavy clothing? As others have said, follow the money.

Because Climate Change isn't a thing. It's made up.

You could add why are Politicians Flying around the world for meetings, vacations etc. Emitting mega tonnes of carbon doing so. Shouldn't they be leading the charge in conserving "carbon"? They don't because they can!

BW
Old 03-22-2023, 09:34 AM

The winter of 1947 long before the climate crisis, my Grandfather helped dig out the train that was completely covered with snow.

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/reached-6...%20shut%20down.

There have been many extreme weather events even before the industrial age
Old 03-22-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan15 View Post
first off, let me preface this post by saying that i support immigration, especially of skilled workers and their families, and have no ill will to any cultures. This is not racism.

100% Agree.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If things keep going the way they are, our economy will collapse, and Canada will be bankrupt long before the environment becomes the priority. And this will be due to the government that implemented the carbon tax.
The 8th largest economy in the world is collapsing due to the carbon tax? How so?

What was our GDP growth rate annually pre-carbon tax versus now? What about purchasing power parity?

Hint: our economy is not collapsing
Old 03-22-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaerzen View Post
The 8th largest economy in the world is collapsing due to the carbon tax? How so?

What was our GDP growth rate annually pre-carbon tax versus now? What about purchasing power parity?

Our purchasing power as individuals is decreasing steadily, because inflation is growing faster than wages. Our corrupt government, is a huge factor. As our debt increases, more and more money is spent on interest, on rhe debt.
Old 03-22-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Just because the last 10 deadlines came and went doesn’t mean this one will.

https://apple.news/Akbqsp4BuRI-koq6wKANggg
The Toronto Star is trying to position itself as the Canadian version of The Guardian or The Washington Post. I take everything from that organization with a huge grain of salt.

But on another note, one really troubling thing is the lack of knowledge of how electricity is generated, how an electric car works, how the hot water in your shower is delivered to the shower head, why we have pipelines, and so on.
Canadians and probably the rest of the western world have voters out there who have no knowledge or understanding of basic science/engineering/practical knowledge. But they all have a vote on decisions they're not qualified to make!
All people know is when you flick the switch the lights come on, the end. Ignorance makes a person gullible.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:45 PM

Quote:

So our future is all rainbows, and lollipops?

Its going to be an economy unrivalled by pre-carbon taxation?
Old 03-23-2023, 06:21 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Dam those chem trails....we are doomed

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-23-2023, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Yes, the only options are collapsing or utopia.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan15 View Post

Most of the people on the planet live at an economic and educational disadvantage, we can't possibly accommodate even a small fraction of them.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 03-23-2023, 03:39 PM

And now the UN says the world is going to have a fresh water crisis.
Old 03-23-2023, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
How can that be...are all these new "atmospheric rivers" suddenly going to vanish now...
Old 03-24-2023, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Yes, the only options are collapsing or utopia.
Absolutely not, but a recession could be the collapse of an economy, especially a prolonged one. You are the one relating a collapsing economy to a zombie apocalypse scenario only.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post

Its going to be an economy unrivalled by pre-carbon taxation?
It’s only going to be rainbows and lollipops IF you pay a lot more in carbon tax and don’t change anything about your lifestyle… I’m sure someone out there who is better at research would be able to find the number of miles travelled by plane comparing Trudeau to Harper, you know because Trudeau is going to save the world with his green plan. If it wasn’t for covid Trudeau undoubtedly would have spent more time on a plane than in the residence that he spent 10’s of millions renovating and the cabin combined. Don’t worry I’m sure he’s doing his best now to catch up on his travels now that no one cares about covid anymore,
Old 03-25-2023, 09:24 AM

Default The sky is falling.

There is a pile of Chicken Little believers out there. Climate Crisis like the dirty thirties was not caused by mand made CO2. Talk about severe weather. Not sure but when I went to school didn't plants convert it to Oxygen??? Studies have shown plants on earth have done better in the past with higher CO2 Levels going back thousands of years. How can opinions studying only the last 100 years be believed but such weak minded people. I guess if you can't think for yourself you are happy to have the government steal your money in the form of Carbon Tax and give it to other people as you pay compounded carbon taxes as every time somebody touches a product or commodity. Its impossible to figure out the carbon tax percentage as its multiplying faster than you can calculate it. Whew. I feel better now. Dogfish.
Old 03-25-2023, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrgeiz View Post
I'd like to add to the reason why so many are becoming skeptical of the climate cult. Institutional trust post COVID is bankrupt and for good reason. I won't get into it because I know it's still a bannable no-no to talk about the societal level failure that was the response to COVID, but suffice to say I trust very little of what comes out of post secondary institutions nowadays.

Trust the Science™ means a bought and paid for University that is told the outcome of their study by their funder before it even begins. A collusion of PhD's rub their collectively corrupt ballsacks on it, call it "peer reviewed" and I'm supposed to take it as gospel. Not a chance anymore.

I'm sure there are some good, well-meaning folks in post-secondary who want to pursue truth, but I think a lot are happy to say whatever keeps the money coming and supports the continuation of their soft and cushy academia lifestyle.
Spot on, 100%. There is very little $cience in most institutions these days. Too bad the masses can't see it.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:31 AM

Ya raging rivers taking out highways close to said river. Areas where people live being flooded like never before, here in Canada anyways. I am by no means educated in any of those areas, but maybe deforestation and clear cutting above and around those areas have a play in the destruction? Nothing to stop or slow down the fast snowmelt or rain. All the trees and plants that were there, help that. Take that away and guess what? It does contribute and I think more than most figure. Ocean dumping of waste? Guess they figured it would just sink and disappear. Would not affect our livelihood. Out of sight out of mind....

Last edited by barbless; 03-25-2023 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
We better ban and hoard our waters. We have dams in Canada and can restrict the flow south. We can charge them and that might take care of our carbon tax. Ya right!!! Let our reservoirs max up and make em pay for the flow of fresh water.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
We better ban and hoard our waters. We have dams in Canada and can restrict the flow south. We can charge them and that might take care of our carbon tax. Ya right!!! Let our reservoirs max up and make em pay for the flow of fresh water.
I sense any effort to ransom water to the US would not go well for us 😅
Old 03-25-2023, 03:53 PM

It's over

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk