Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-23-2023, 09:38 PM

Default River city custom bowstrings

I recently purchased a set of strings off of this canadian company. All I can say is Wow! The attention to detail from end to end is flawless. Most beautiful set of strings I have seen yet! And I've had all the big brands.

My bowtech solution is very happy!

Thanks
Steve!
Old 03-04-2023, 02:53 PM

I got a couple sets from him as well. So far they've been doing great! I will continue to use him going forward!
Old 03-05-2023, 08:56 PM

Did you toss those strings on yourself and set your bow all up as well? Or have someone do it for you? I've been looking at them as well but have never set up a bow from scratch before, I assumed that was the only option when you buy strings online and not through a shop.
Old 03-06-2023, 01:15 PM

I bought a set for my APA Black Mamba 33 about a month and a half back. Brace height was wrong after installation. Removed and checked measurements... 1/2" short.

Messaged on IG and a new set was in the mail the next day. Mistakes happen, customer services starts when they do and I was super pleased with the service on these. Would buy again.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:24 AM

This is great to know. I might try them this spring. Any pics?

I have had mixed results with local (Canadian) string builders. The worst by far, and I mean by far was Ballistic Bowstrings. Wrong size, wrong colors, but the actual build quality was so bad, I threw them away.

And yes, these are actual pictures of brand new strings. And when I sent them pics, compared to other strings they claimed they were perfect and that's how the material works
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BB String.jpg (21.8 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg BB String2.jpg (28.4 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg BB String3.jpg (28.3 KB, 105 views)
Old 08-15-2023, 08:18 AM

I have used multiple sets of the last couple years from River City. Quick order shipping and great to deal with. Bow held tune through 2500 shots. No creep. Timing stayed perfect. I like to tinker so I ran a set from another builder and noticed the bow was 5-7 fps slower right out the gate at same specs.

I did see a bit of serving separation but that is likely on me. I twist my cables up a fair bit to add some extra poundage.
Old 08-15-2023, 06:39 PM

Great bow strings and my Solution loves them as well!!
Old 08-15-2023, 10:04 PM

I have purchased multiple sets from River City.
every single set has been so meticulously put together and exceeded my expecations.
much better than ABB or whatever other standard there is today.
Steve is also a very stand up guy and WILL stand behind his product 100% of the time.
if any of you are in Calgary or surrounding area and want to try them out but dont have a press to put them on, pm me and I can help you out.