Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-02-2023, 04:27 PM

Default Jarvis bay access

Looking for a place around Jarvis Bay that I can drive onto the ice with my camper shack. I’ve never finished at Sylvan and currently I am at gull but obviously the fishing is not the greatest. It’s going to be my last overnighter for the year so I think I’m gonna try Sylvan. I know there is a boat launch at sunbreaker and I was kind of hoping to be closer to Jarvis. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thanks again.
Old 03-03-2023, 11:10 AM

Hi there, there aren't too many places to get on there and it's pretty shallow there too. I would go on the south side of the lake to RR#23 and drive on there as it has a good access road there and some deeper water.
good luck
Goose
Old 03-03-2023, 03:42 PM

Default petrol beach

You should be able to enter the lake at Petrol beach which is on the east side of Sylvan. There is some excellent fishing waters in that area, in particular, in front of Jarvis Bay campground. BEL
Old 03-20-2023, 02:01 PM

Just checking back on this thread - is there still truck access to Jarvis via Petro Beach? Wife and I are in Olds and looking for one last quick outing on Sunday afternoon, so hoping to pop up to Sylvan for an afternoon. Last few times we'd been to Sylvan it had been absolutely dead for anything other than whitefish. We're only really interested in (CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY!!) Walleye and maybe Burbs if they're around right now. Hoping Jarvis Bay will have some action!

Please feel free to DM me, if you'd rather not give out any info publicly... can definitely appreciate that!